Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Top knows he is done but refuses to pay him and his cronies off. There is much speculation on here but the evidence suggests its a lot more than some think.

I have a feeling it was this earlier in the season and I think part of the Maquire loan money we've just got will be held aside as a payout if things don't improve. 

The key for me is that the past 2 signings don't seem like Rodgers signings and there appears to be some forward planning for when he's gone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

At what stage are the media and senior figures at the club going to challenge Brendan on his performance as Manager. Week in, week out he bemoans the lack of squad quality, squad depth and investment in new players and yet there are so many things that as Manager and an elite one at that, is in his control -

1) he continues to ignore certain players who could make a difference, and more importantly freshen things up and help with squad rotation which in turn would help with keep players injury free. Soyuncu and Iheanacho are stand out examples of this. 

2) poor tactics and team structure, we switched to 4-3-3 last season and have adopted a more passive approach to our play with slower, controlled possession style, which has coincided with a marked drop off in performances, results and league position

3) team selection, our defensive record over the last 2 seasons has got progressively worse, and yet he continues to select Danny Ward who at best is a Championship level

starting goalkeeper and at worst is a back up premier league keeper and Daniel Amartey who again at best is a 4th/5th choice defender and continues to ignore better options within the squad or refuses to give other players an opportunity. 

4) the overall regression of the squad, with the exception of Maddison and Tielemans, i would argue the rest of the squad are regressing and that is largely due to the poor tactical set up of the team. Our style does not suit the squad we have, we can play possession based football but the intensity has gone and that is killing players such Vardy, Barnes, Daka and KDH. 

5) injuries, the record since he arrived at the club has been awful, every season we have a major injury crisis and yet again at no stage are his methods called into question

6) his treatment of players such as Iheanacho and Soyuncu is nothing short of shocking, we have been leaking goals for fun and yet at no stage does Cags get an opportunity to come back into the fold. We are now struggling to score goals and yet our top scorer from a couple of seasons ago barely gets a sniff. Yet again Rodgers is never challenged on this. 

I honestly believe if Morgan and Kasper were still in and around the dressing room in some capacity, Brendan would have gone by now, they wouldn’t have accepted the constant whinging, whining and disrespect of the club, senior management, players and supporters and by now would have been in Tops ear telling him enough is enough. 

Never.

Even when we go down it'll be because of lack of investment or injuries, or players having an off season, rather than it being Rodgers fault.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they look a different proposition under their new coach.  They will score enough and i predict their defence will be one of the meanest in the second half of the season. 

A different proposition? They still don’t score goals, they’ve had wins against West Ham and Everton, which will help them out, but by no means are they looking any better than any of the other teams down the bottom.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nick said:

Hmm. Or Kasper had lost motivation, put on weight and wasn't happy or feeling himself anymore and made a request to club owners to facilitate a move to warmer climates with his family.

Think we would all rather have an overweight KS than Danny Ward. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

A different proposition? They still don’t score goals, they’ve had wins against West Ham and Everton, which will help them out, but by no means are they looking any better than any of the other teams down the bottom.

They scored ‘three’ at liverpool 

they failed to score at Man City and against Man Utd at home. 

he won’t turn it around overnight but I’ve watched them a couple times recently and they are going to be ok 

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Imagine if we'd given Rodgers more money to spend, just think where we could be, we'd have signed more fantastic players like Vestegaard, Soumare, Bertrand or Perez. Just think of how well we'd be doing with more of those signings!!

Fofona, Castagne, Justin?

The summer we spent stupid money on rubbish (Vestergaard, Daka) was the mess but his signings haven't all been poor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They scored ‘three’ at liverpool 

they failed to score at Man City and against Man Utd at home. 

he won’t turn it around overnight but I’ve watched them a couple times recently and they are going to be ok 

It’s all opinions, but I’d put money on us finishing above Wolves this season. 

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't disagree, feel like it's more miss than hit though. And also feel like the signings have got worse as time has gone on.

I do agree with that. This summer and last summer have been shocking.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Never.

Even when we go down it'll be because of lack of investment or injuries, or players having an off season, rather than it being Rodgers fault.

Little Darvel have knocked Aberdeen out of the Cup. The Manager says it's amazing what you can achieve when you all support one another. Rodgers take note , but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The thing with the signings under Brendan's tenure is that they have mainly been weird signings.  I've never known a time where we've signed so many players (majority seem decent, sensible signings on paper) where so few of them have got anywhere near the first team, like ever.  It's like the club signs players without telling Rodgers and he sees them turning up at training but doesn't realise he can pick them in the team.

There's clearly a big disconnect somewhere in the chain.

I find the setup all strange because when Rodgers is asked about signings he responds with stuff like "the club are working hard to get something done" etc as if he isn't involved in it all. I'd like to know at which stage he is aware of the particular player.

On 21/01/2023 at 20:43, Rusko187 said:

It's the team that he has built for the last few years, why is it now lacking quality?

His comments are spineless, does BR accept that as the manager, its his role to select the best players and implement his system? 

Calling them out to the world?

Since when has that worked? 

It's everyone's fault but Brendan yeah? 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The summer we spent stupid money on rubbish (Vestergaard, Daka) was the mess but his signings haven't all been poor.

Has Soumaré suddenly been exalted to not-poor status. Lookman appeared a better bet than Daka. It seems, because we've shelled out (big) cash for players they get picked in the forlorn hope they eventually get come good. Was Kramaric extended the kind of patience Perez or Soumaré have been given? There's been equivocation at City - Vestergaard and Bertrand should have had their contracts bought out by now. I mean, sitting around doing nothing at a club that's realised it's made a giant boo-boo in hiring them. How embarrassing for everyone concerned.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think Castagne and Justin have both regressed massively since signing for us. Could argue Justin’s regression is injury related but Castagne is constantly at fault for mistakes. I think as soon as Ricardo is back he doesn’t get near the starting XI. Don’t think they have been “great” signings but equally probably harsh to call them poor. 

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Has Soumaré suddenly been exalted to not-poor status. Lookman appeared a better bet than Daka. It seems, because we've shelled out (big) cash for players they get picked in the forlorn hope they eventually get come good. Was Kramaric extended the kind of patience Perez or Soumaré have been given? There's been equivocation at City - Vestergaard and Bertrand should have had their contracts bought out by now. I mean, sitting around doing nothing at a club that's realised it's made a giant boo-boo in hiring them. How embarrassing for everyone concerned.

Soumare I wouldn't say is a poor player, same with Perez, just haven't worked. Perez was a gamble it seems, even at the time, he has played majority of his time he on the right which isn't his position just because we have never replaced Mahrez.

I would say Kramaric is totally different as he was here when we were winning every week. He (rightly) never got in front of Okazaki and Vardy (and Ulloa). He probably wanted to leave to push his career forward, which he has done, but some players aren't like that and just seem happy to sit on a contact aka Vestergaard as you mentioned.

• Like 1