Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, shiv said:

I think Castagne and Justin have both regressed massively since signing for us. Could argue Justin’s regression is injury related but Castagne is constantly at fault for mistakes. I think as soon as Ricardo is back he doesn’t get near the starting XI. Don’t think they have been “great” signings but equally probably harsh to call them poor. 

Castagne is still a good defender and, I think, the best at defending one on one situations. I wouldn't, and didn't call them "great" but they are no way poor or assigned to the same level as Vestergaard or Bertrand.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Castagne is still a good defender and, I think, the best at defending one on one situations. I wouldn't, and didn't call them "great" but they are no way poor or assigned to the same level as Vestergaard or Bertrand.

Don’t agree he’s a good defender but yes definitely better signings than Vestergaard and Bertrand.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Didn't look that good defending one on one with Mitoma

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Sure, who wouldn't - but that wasn't what you eluded to, or the point you made for Kasper's reason for leaving.

Unless you know categorically that he willingly left for ‘warmer climes’ then your reasoning is equally speculative… suspect it was probably a combination of the two. 

31 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Didn't look that good defending one on one with Mitoma

Generally he's usually good on one on and one example against an in form winger won't change my mind. Castagne has made as many mistakes as any other player this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

There's a lot worse out there than Rodgers, be careful what you wish for. 

Really? I guess you aren't talking about attitudes towards fans, team selection, respect for LCFC and throwing players on the scrap heap.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

There's a lot worse out there than Rodgers, be careful what you wish for. 

In a way that's true. However he is life expired , run out of ideas and welded to tactics that no longer work . Four years is long enough and we need a change and so probably does he . Top needs to sign that cheque.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

At what stage are the media and senior figures at the club going to challenge Brendan on his performance as Manager. Week in, week out he bemoans the lack of squad quality, squad depth and investment in new players and yet there are so many things that as Manager and an elite one at that, is in his control -

....if the people above him do not know anything about football, then how can they challenge him regarding his performance in his position!!!

Too many people believe he is an elite manager and fear who we could bring in to replace him. We are paralyzed by our indecision at the top and as a fanbase.

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah if we're not careful we might end up with 12 defeats in 19 games, less points a game than Leeds got last season, 2 points ahead of survival, constant injury crisis, a manager who belittles the club to save his own skin at any opportunity and a culture of decline with no accountability. We must stick with Rodgers!

When you put it like that, hail Brendan, so glad we have it so good lol.

God forbid we bring some fraud like Dyche in and stop conceding bucket loads of goals and stop losing week in week out!

I mean ok the Dyche example may end at that end of the pitch and not free flowing 4 goals scored a game but hey, small steps!

• Like 1

Well I for one am convinced. We should be grateful for having the talented Rodgers to lead the side to multiple poor performances and losses, incurring a huge injury list on the way, because it’s far better than a worse manager leading the side to multiple poor performances and losses.

What do these people eat for breakfast?

• Haha 1