Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

As I say, always happy to read and respect legitimate views rather than the ones without much substance (as per my original post).

1 - Fair enough, personally I still felt we looked shakey and they were poor teams. Maybe we get a similar run to survive this season but is a dire losing run followed by a few wins to keep us from trouble sustainable and beneficial? 

2 - Maddison is at the top of his game (when fit). I don’t think anyone can claim either way how he’d have come on under another manager so we can’t really credit nor discredit Rodgers. What I mean to say is Maddison’s natural ability/personal traits. What I will always is we can’t be a one man team and I see a lot of ‘We’ll be fine when Maddison is back’. As per the above point, it’s not sustainable.

3 - Agree that there needs to be a plan but we’ll run clubs (which we aren’t at the moment) should always have a plan in place so a managerial appointment shouldn’t be rushed and panicked. I agree with your point on that though. Not sure so much about there being little benefit. We could do with a new manager bounce now but yeah, a bounce with a manager who is well thought out beforehand.

4 - The club seem to have clawed a lot of this back so if a new manager came in with his couple of staff (like assistant), I can’t see this being a problem.

5 - If we are fine this year it’ll be because other clubs ****ed up more. We are appalling. Do you think Rodgers can suddenly turn things around that if he sticks around next season if we stay up, we won’t be circling the drain again? My view on the players is that a lot are wanting out and don’t care or are just completely crushed. The squad in 2016/17 had strong characters so it was quite obvious they stopped playing for Ranieri. I wouldn’t say what we are seeing is a sign the players are behind him, just that they are not arsed and either want out or don’t have much character.

I agree, it's good to engage with people constructively rather than the usual insults being thrown about. And I agree with some of the points you've raised. I would say my arguments are only limited to what's happening now, it's not extended to the end of the season when I may well agree a change is needed. I know what you're saying about the fact we may stay up by default but performance is always relative to the other teams in the league. I wouldn't say our title win is less important cus the other teams weren't as good that year. If staying up is the objective this year, which I think it is, then we only need to be better than 3 teams and I'm confident we are. I also agree that alot of players are on their way out, which is why I think it's quite impressive we haven't had these constant stories about Rodgers losing the dressing room coming from players agents, like we had under Ranieiri. It could be apathy but if we take Tielemans as an example, it would be convenient for his agent to come our blaming Rodgers for his poor form and I haven't seen anything like that. That suggests to me there's some respect there. As to the Maddison point, I'm afraid I'm going to have to resort to one of your points from the original post about the lack of investment. Not investing £14 million for Lookman in the summer and now talk of needing to spend £35 million on Jack Harrison shows how backward the thinking was in the summer, and I just can't blame Rodgers for that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Just a reminder to those citing us plying great football under him at our pomp…… that won’t be able to keep us up, and keep us out of the shit. It’s all immaterial at the moment…. We can only focus on what he is doing now, and it’s jeopardising the future of this club. I personally can’t understand how anyone can’t see what he is doing…. He really is the master of manipulation. 

Anyone who says that to me - great football. We had 6 months and one game against West Brom where the football was great. The rest of it has been pretty difficult. Take out Kelechi for half a season and we lose one of the top 5 finishes and a Fa Cup. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Anyone who says that to me - great football. We had 6 months and one game against West Brom where the football was great. The rest of it has been pretty difficult. Take out Kelechi for half a season and we lose one of the top 5 finishes and a Fa Cup. 

More than 6 months but across two seasons. First half of 19/20 was among the best football I've ever seen at the club, up until the Norwich game and everything went downwards from there. Same with the following season, 20/21, I think we played good football over a longer period but more inconsistently. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

It was obvious a year ago for me he needed to go. We hinged on the quality of our squad, which will only diminish the longer he's here. I didn't think it would collapse as quickly as this though. I find it amazing the fact he's still here to be honest. How on earth can the board not see it.

The board can see it but do nothing.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

There's a joke in there somewhere about Rodgers and massive arses. 

Both the Kardashians and Rodgers love being in front of a camera  and talking complete and utter sh1t, with the sole purpose of promoting their own band..

Personally I can't stand either- (total)"Media Whore's" I believe my daughter called it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Agree with this, warning signs were there as soon as the first collapse. Back then it was all about ‘you’re so entitled’ but it was the manner of what was happening. Obviously we picked up again but it was never the same after that first Christmas where we were held by Norwich and were destroyed by Man City and Liverpool. That was where the negative approach started to seep in but was slow initially but in the past 18 months since the cup win it has been a constant downwards spiral that could be seen coming a mile off… 

I remember getting absolutely hammered on here for saying he should’ve gone after Warsaw away

bE cArEfUl WhAt YoU wIsH fOr

I was also trying to find the thread where last May I said we’d struggle for goals this season 👀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I remember getting absolutely hammered on here for saying he should’ve gone after Warsaw away

bE cArEfUl WhAt YoU wIsH fOr

I was also trying to find the thread where last May I said we’d struggle for goals this season 👀 

Should clearly go now, but sacking him then would have led to us being vilified both in the fanbase and through the media.

You can’t just constantly call for the manager to go, wait for bad form, and then claim you were right lol

3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Should clearly go now, but sacking him then would have led to us being vilified both in the fanbase and through the media.

You can’t just constantly call for the manager to go, wait for bad form, and then claim you were right lol

The rot had set in for most way back then. You could’ve chose not to see it if you so wished but it was correct.

My wider prediction points were

Rodgers taking us backwards  

Players regressing  

Players not wanting to come here  

It wasn’t amazing foresight on my part. My Liverpool mate told me what would happen. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The rot had set in for most way back then. You could’ve chose not to see it if you so wished but it was correct.

My wider prediction points were

Rodgers taking us backwards  

Players regressing  

Players not wanting to come here  

It wasn’t amazing foresight on my part. My Liverpool mate told me what would happen. 

Whilst people were concerned about our trajectory, I do not believe that there was any general consensus of wanting Rodgers out during that period. 

I don’t understand your arguments. It’s really hard to say that players were regressing and Rodgers was taking us backwards - just checked and the Warsaw game was the 30th September. Very early in the season, no?

Not only that, but we literally won the FA Cup four months before.

Also not sure about your final point - which players are you referencing?

Most thought that Daka and Soumare were really marquee signings for us, and to be fair, I’d attribute ‘failed signings’ a product of not finishing in the top four, not Rodgers.

Of course, I agree with your points now, but I just do not understand what evidence you have that these arguments had any plausibility in 2021.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah if we're not careful we might end up with 12 defeats in 19 games, less points a game than Leeds got last season, 2 points ahead of survival, constant injury crisis, a manager who belittles the club to save his own skin at any opportunity and a culture of decline with no accountability. We must stick with Rodgers!

2 points ahead of survival? Id take it over the one point we currently are. 

• Like 1

What difference in this life does it make,for all those know-all fans who wanted him sacked at Leicester...even when he was at Celtic,after the first season,two seasons ago last September,or last week....

Join the jolly green giants club, the magic circle, clever-shit-pundit-club,

We are doomed-club...Playing clever-buggars doesnt get a statue outside the ground...

Who cares what you have been saying,it doesn't bring you browny points and get in free at the Pearly-gates...

Why do you need to prove negative points..!!

Again I want that change, but while the fox badge has a chance to fly, I'll support in the moment and pray & dream for everypoint(3pts) we can make...

Descisions have been made no use gnawing on one side of the bone every single week...The great pretenders-confention only accepts know-alls once every 5years..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Take out Brendan for that same half a season and we have a CL campaign and a FA cup.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Again I want that change, but while the fox badge has a chance to fly, I'll support in the moment and pray & dream for everypoint(3pts) we can make...

...I  would think in business you need to look ahead as opposed to being satisfied with now!!!

If you can see the long term pitfalls, you put things in place to either negate them or change your direction. 

Fear maybe a negative thing, but it also highlights and causes the mind to operate in a fight or flight decision making, an automatic response to self protection, it appears it can also be a positive trait.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  would think in business you need to look ahead as opposed to being satisfied with now!!!

If you can see the long term pitfalls, you put things in place to either negate them or change your direction. 

Fear maybe a negative thing, but it also highlights and causes the mind to operate in a fight or flight decision making, an automatic response to self protection, it appears it can also be a positive trait.

But this is our pastime,not out businesses…We don’t even have a say in the running of the club…Pitfalls in Profi football….where then kick a ball..where :dunno:

Its try to to put in that ball in that netty thing,and try & stop the others trying to do the same…

or in our present case, pass it side to side to prevent others playing..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Well, looks like he is staying then. I imagine the only way he gets sacked now is if we actually drop into the bottom 3 and are even cut adrift by 4-5 points. 

Then panic and bringing in a Sam Allardyce or Benitez on a 3 month "please save us" contract. 

It is going to be so tight and could even go to the final day, and if it does, I have no faith that these players and Manager won't bottle it. 

Just hope players like Maddison, Tielemans and a big chunk of luck can do enough to help us stay clear of the drop! 

I wish we could go back to the period where the team were playing well and challenging for Europe and Rogers saying the team are punching above their weight lol. Feels like a long time ago but isn’t really. How have we plummeted so quickly? Gotta get out of this funk asap!

Don’t want to get dragged down into the bottom 3 horse sheizer pile up.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Little bastard is still here then. I'm not surprised, come on here in hope rather than expectation but it's a constantly sinking feeling checking Foxestalk and seeing no real indication he is on the ropes at very least. 😞 Horrid little gnome. 

Jeeze mate, a draw with Brighton has bought him till the end of the season at least.

57 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Descisions have been made no use gnawing on one side of the bone every single week...The great pretenders-confention only accepts know-alls once every 5years..

I’m sorry but in order to progress you have to learn froM mistakes and in order to learn from mistakes you have to understand why they were made. 

For me - and I said so at the time - the crucial decision, was the signing of Vestergaard. I didn’t know then he was going to be a disaster in a Brendan-style defence but whoever was primary in making that decision needs to pay the price for it. I’m not paid to assess players and their suitability but others are. Had I been in the room I would have asked whether Southampton was an ideal club from which to recruit defenders…Rob Tanner, and I have no reason to doubt him, says Brendan was pushing for JV as he pushed for Bertrand. Lee Congerton- Brendan’s right hand man in recruitment- was our head of recruitment. Is anyone going to tell me that we signed JV in the face of fierce opposition from the Head Coach and the Head of Recruitment ? 

Just to remind everyone of the context - we’d won the FA Cup, we didn’t sell anyone over the summer, Evans was injured - he’d limped out of the Cup Final before half time, Soyuncu has a terrible Euros, Justin was injured, and then Fofana got a long term injury. 

it was imperative we got a Premier  standard, Brendan-style CB before the transfer window closed. This was obvious to me and it should have been obvious to anyone. 

We signed JV, and within six weeks , Brendan was preferring to play NDidi at CB. Then we had the gruesome spectacle of watching our inept defence fritter away our Europa League place and a further European place finish while Brendan blamed our injuries. Sitting on the bench throughout this fiasco, unplayed was Jenek  Vestergaard. The question remains: how did that happen? 

• Like 2