Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Not gonna put anything daft regarding his birthday messages. It's shit at the minute and I think back. He delivered the trophy we all wanted.

Just shows you how you have to keep on top of things.

Brendan Rodgers hails Leicester's FA Cup win as a historic day for the club  as Thomas Tuchel calls Chelsea unlucky in final | Football News | Sky Sports

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Steve Howey on Sky Sports saying fans will be disappointed by position in the league but happy with the football being played under BR. Also mentioned atmosphere at the King Power is good so feel free to take highlighted comments with a pinch sized quantity of salt.

Haha Steve Howey, I can’t hear that name now without thinking about the story of Newcastle going 1-0 down when they weren’t playing anyone. 

We're going to finish lower than we did in 14/15 when we were rooted in 20th for half the season with essentially the same squad that finished 5th consecutively. Puel's sacking (completely justified) seems harsh given we're letting Rodgers take us down 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I remember getting absolutely hammered on here for saying he should’ve gone after Warsaw away

bE cArEfUl WhAt YoU wIsH fOr

I was also trying to find the thread where last May I said we’d struggle for goals this season 👀 

I mean, if we're playing who saw this coming first:

Screenshot_20230126-113509.thumb.png.d0d28db78fda583d113354398f4d2b23.pngScreenshot_20230126-113524.thumb.png.19b3a10078f44b632c1c3445dfa0062b.png

:whistle:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're going to finish lower than we did in 14/15 when we were rooted in 20th for half the season with essentially the same squad that finished 5th consecutively. Puel's sacking (completely justified) seems harsh given we're letting Rodgers take us down 

Performances and results were awful under Puel, but he never had us in a relegation battle. I said it at the time his sacking was justified but I never understood the hatred towards him.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Screenshot_20230126-113509.thumb.png.d0d28db78fda583d113354398f4d2b23.pngScreenshot_20230126-113524.thumb.png.19b3a10078f44b632c1c3445dfa0062b.png

It's points I have raised before. I laugh at people who suggest he "nearly won the league" with Liverpool because "nearly" isn't good enough.

But I'm not gonna "like" your post as I think some of that has changed in his time here, given he has delivered an FA Cup and Community Sheild. The latter of which some may laugh at but Manchester City counted it in their domestic quadruple.

It's his European record which is poor and the one that stands out for me as failure, even with us. Losing to Slavia Prague and then getting dumped out of the group stages the following season was not good enough.

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You got most of it right but with Liverpool they were hardly Man City before he joined, the mess was created by a lot of managers since the 90s and early 00s. He took them from 7th to 2nd to well, 7th again...

Edited by Nalis

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Performances and results were awful under Puel, but he never had us in a relegation battle. I said it at the time his sacking was justified but I never understood the hatred towards him.

Puels man and media management were somehow worse than BR's and his treatment of Vardy is what turned a lot of people against him I think.

In terms of performances and results this seasons Rodgers has produced a lot worse than Puel ever did. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's points I have raised before. I laugh at people who suggest he "nearly won the league" with Liverpool because "nearly" isn't good enough.

But I'm not gonna "like" your post as I think some of that has changed in his time here, given he has delivered an FA Cup and Community Sheild. The latter of which some may laugh at but Manchester City counted it in their domestic quadruple.

It's his European record which is poor and the one that stands out for me as failure, even with us. Losing to Slavia Prague and then getting dumped out of the group stages the following season was not good enough.

I mean I was being facetious just here over the "calling for him to go after Warsaw", like really the earliest point he could have been under any realistic pressure was late November/early December 2021, drawing to Spartak, losing at Villa, Chelsea should really have beaten us by 5 or 6 at home, and going out in the Europa League group stages, and even then it would have felt a bit kneejerk

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

You got most of it right but with Liverpool they were hardly Man City before he joined, the mess was created by a lot of managers since the 90s and early 00s. He took them from 7th to 2nd to well, 7th again...

Liverpool were stable though, not great in the league but still won trophies. Rafa finished 2nd, just like Rodgers did, but also won them FA Cup, Champions League and Community Sheild.

No player makes a manager but having Suarez was surely such a help to Rodgers. Suarez is one of the greatest players of this generation, maybe all time.

17 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Both the Kardashians and Rodgers love being in front of a camera  and talking complete and utter sh1t, with the sole purpose of promoting their own band..

Personally I can't stand either- (total)"Media Whore's" I believe my daughter called it.

No wonder we're shit if he's distracted following forming a band with the Kardashians.

What does Brendo do in it? I see him as someone fiddling while something burns.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's the gift of looking forward. Being able to see what's coming will always upset some and so be it. I'd much rather have the media on our backs than this utter shitshow where we're a mess but hardly anybody outside criticises it.

I have never been bothered about the media portraying us as villains. The same happened with Ranieri, that was the right decision, clearly he was taking us down.

But my initial point was that the poster was saying that he wanted Rodgers out in September 2021. The problem with this is that there was no real justification for sacking Rodgers at that point, and the points that he listed lacked evidence (at the time).

The best time to sack him would have been after the Forest FA Cup game. He should’ve been hung out to dry after that pathetic, clueless display.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I have never been bothered about the media portraying us as villains. The same happened with Ranieri, that was the right decision, clearly he was taking us down.

But my initial point was that the poster was saying that he wanted Rodgers out in September 2021. The problem with this is that there was no real justification for sacking Rodgers at that point, and the points that he listed lacked evidence (at the time).

The best time to sack him would have been after the Forest FA Cup game. He should’ve been hung out to dry after that pathetic, clueless display.

But we were still 9th or 10th in the league at that point, and yes 10 points behind 7th (Manchester United) but we had two games in hand (with them still to play).

16 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

They didn’t lack evidence at all. You just had to look at his history at Liverpool, as well as the obvious drop off in form that was clearly evident at the time.

Add to that the fact he’d never managed anywhere beyond 3 years, and we were about to enter the unknown with him.

Prevention is better than cure.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

They didn’t lack evidence at all. You just had to look at his history at Liverpool, as well as the obvious drop off in form that was clearly evident at the time.

Add to that the fact he’d never managed anywhere beyond 3 years, and we were about to enter the unknown with him.

Prevention is better than cure.

You can't really use "that's happened before" to sack a manager though?

The whole 3 year thing is a bit warped because he walked out of three of those jobs. Swansea to Liverpool was a massive jump and without that he probably stays at Swansea for 3 or 4 years. He was at Celtic for 3 years so could have easily just stayed.