Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Exactly same here. It was a bizarre comment and shows hes more about his philosophy of keeping ball at all costs and not actually about the most important thing.. winning 

Nailed it. His obsession with having control of the ball has completely nullified us over time. I think it was successful in the beginning, because the players bought into it and it blended well with our more direct players. However, over time this has eaten away at any real attacking threat and has made the players go into panic mode when not having that control, hence how weak and disorganised we are without the ball. 

I have said this from very early on, Rodgers wants to play like Man City/Barcelona etc, but will never have the players for that, and so will likely always be found wanting after 1-2 seasons in charge of any club at a decent level. He is too stubborn to change too. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

probably time for an update, because hoo boy it's got worse:

Screenshot_20230126-192615.png.d4d2a0436ce33c1c3dfe360ac124090d.png

goals: Madders and Tielemans having a bangers only contest pre world cup has disguised just how bad chance creation is nowadays, the recent output has basically been matching our underlying stats of around 1gpg (so is it any wonder why Vardy looks finished and Daka doesn't look like his heir when they're being given nothing to work with)

Screenshot_20230126-192720.png.cacc34712b875a4bcfaa7921b0feb1b2.png

Defence: Wout has helped a fair bit, although him coming back from the world cup not himself has started what might be a trend back to bad performance starting at the end there, and also while Schmeichel was slightly underperforming last season, Danny Ward might as well not even be playing

Screenshot_20230126-192807.png.6f33f00cb713642fe50c2a20fcc7a2f9.png

points: glass half full, the trend seems to have flattened out at just over a point a game which would generally be enough for lower midtable 

These are the real illustrations of how bad we actually are and tallies up pretty much exactly with the same sort of thing I use.

Would be intrigued to see the equivalent from Puel's era. I think we were poor for chance creation then but could at least we weren't giving much up defensively. We have been straight up poorer than Puel's Leicester for I think a good 18 months now and that is shocking, because that era was in no way fun.

• Thanks 1