Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So the question is, now Brendan has some signings (and a Brazilian), is he going to stop moping around like a bored teenager, or is he going to act 'young and fresh' and spark some life into this?

I really hope so. I do think he could spend a billion pounds and he'd still say he hasn't been backed enough but, fingers crossed, it will pacify him for a while.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

I really hope so. I do think he could spend a billion pounds and he'd still say he hasn't been backed enough but, fingers crossed, it will pacify him for a while.

Only thing I can see him being upset about is that they are signings that were decided by the recruitment team and not himself. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Really? He had a younger Vardy plus Mahrez.

Puel got sacked after the Palace defeat and the starting 11 included a lot of players here today

Schmeichel
Ricardo - Evans - Maguire - Fuchs
Tielemans - Ndidi - Maddison
Ghezzal - Vardy - Barnes

worth pointing out he signed 5 of them and one had only played 14 minutes of senior football for us before he arrived. his first game in charge was:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Fuchs

Grey - Ndidi - Iborra - Chilwell

Mahrez 

Vardy

he'd been tasked as a rebuilder to tidy up the rubbish Shakespeare left and to transition the team away from the title winners, who (particularly the defenders) were reaching the ends of their careers. across most of his time here he was working with not as good a squad as Rodgers inherited from him at the end. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I never understood the hatred towards Puel but his performances were awful towards the end of his time here, I could even argue they were worse towards the end of his first season here too. People wanted him out after lost 5-0 at Palace (Albrighton sent off at right back :whistle:) and that was his first season here.

I can forgive poor performances if the bigger picture is there, building the club up behind the scenes like Puel. This shit on the pitch as well as the squad deteriorating at such a speed is much worse. I also don’t think we were ever in danger of going down with Puel whereas now I’d say it’s more likely than not this season but lots of factors such as signings and form of others to see what happens.

But yeah this is more unbearable than anything under Puel. That example of Palace 5-0, that was pretty much a late in the season dead rubber wasn’t it? I mean you shouldn’t be losing 5-0 to Palace anytime of course, but I can forgive a dead rubber ending that way much more than the way these lot are content putting in little effort and losing week in week out when we actually are in massive trouble!

Edited by LCFCJohn

Is it me or does there seem to be a bit more positivity around the club this week?  

Top flies in, secures a loan, new signings incoming, Brendan talking about the love he has for the club, the great relationship he has with the board and how excited he is about the prospect of rebuilding the team.

Brendan really comes across as a guy who really operates best when he has a bit of swagger about him.  For too long he's been miserable and feeling sorry for himself, but maybe Top coming in, putting his arm around Brendan and giving him a piece of cake might have made a difference.

Time will tell, but it doesn't seem quite so toxic now.  Us fans have a big part to play in getting behind the team, Brendan is clearly going nowhere, so let's see how these new signings pan out and show a bit of optimism for the future!

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Brendan really comes across as a guy who really operates best when he has a bit of swagger about him.  For too long he's been miserable and feeling sorry for himself, but maybe Top coming in, putting his arm around Brendan and giving him a piece of cake might have made a difference

...I really cannot believe you believe all that!!!

With Rodgers coming out and saying how much he loves to be here and continuing the process, more likely he has an option on the horizon and he will be off in the summer. I am not sure that anyone can buy into that nonsense he was spouting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I really cannot believe you believe all that!!!

With Rodgers coming out and saying how much he loves to be here and continuing the process, more likely he has an option on the horizon and he will be off in the summer. I am not sure that anyone can buy into that nonsense he was spouting.

Rodgers saying  how much he loves to be here and continuing the process - this is a threat and challenge to Top.  He is saying "sack me and pay me off"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

For me, what’s the point in repeating myself. I detest Rodgers, I think he’s a very poor leader, a one dimensional and old fashioned tactician, and simply not good enough. 

He has sucked much of the joy out of being a Leicester fan.

I therefore care less about the club than I used to, am sick of repeating myself, and don’t like being negative. 

So I’m quiet.

If there’s more people like me then maybe it feels more positive because those of us that feel negative are holding back (largely in the hope that new signings change things, but maybe more so out of boredom of being so negative!)

My feelings exactly

• Like 1

It's his brand of football as a whole. Its joyless and utterly boring to watch. We used to be a fun fast moving team. But this insistence on "controlled possession" that for most parts lead to giving the ball away in their half has suck all life out this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again, how anyone can defend this manager and the effect he is having on this team is bewildering. Also when anyone pipes up with we have shit players what do you want him to do? This is the second league 2 side who has been able to be structured and well organised against us, being hard to play against and carving out good chances.

2-0 on aggregate against three league 2 teams across the season just isn’t acceptable. To then look at the context of those performances as well it’s embarrassing. I know people are slating players in the match thread but there has to be serious questions asked about this mans intent in the way he wants us to go and play. Massively disrespectful to the club, the players and the fans in some instances with his comments. It’s a joke that he will finish this season as manager of our club.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 4