Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He just doesn't know how to break down defensive sides. I thought the point of playing this style was to control the game and designed to unpick sides who park the bus.

We can look good on the break when games become more back and forth  but that's more due to players suiting that style than how Brendan sets them up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Leeds making light work of Accrington Stanley puts a lot of perspective into today and Gillingham even more so. Endless, plodding trudge into mediocrity. It must end. 

That’s a bit of a stretch I think, as despite the 1-3 score line, Stanley were a good bet before (future Leicester signing) Jack Harrison scored a worldie

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Supposedly got a big reception today. I live in an echo chamber.

There's a lot of truth in this. This place and Twitter are very anti-Rodgers relatively. I cannot believe what I'm witnessing. It's like a nightmare. How the hell are our fanbase so cucked by this bloke?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's a lot of truth in this. This place and Twitter are very anti-Rodgers relatively. I cannot believe what I'm witnessing. It's like a nightmare. How the hell are our fanbase so cucked by this bloke?

Most match going fans for lack of a better word are pretty casual. They turn up on a Saturday watch the football and then after that football doesnt exist until the next match. They’ll get most of their news from the Merc or BBCRL. 

Its quite an ignorant existence really and i’m jealous. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I was genuinely shocked the reception he got at full time after scraping through against a League Two side. He’s nowhere to be seen when we lose of course…

At this point you should be clear you’re either Rodgers In or Rodgers Out but it seems the vast majority will flip back and forth based on a result.

Not only am I amazed so many can flip based on a result, I’m also amazed the result is the determining factor. For me, the way he’s disrespected the club and the fans I’d be Rodgers Out even if he won the whole competition. Got to have principles and standards but it seems our fanbase en masse have lost theirs.

Last part, exactly. It’s not about what happens on the pitch anymore. He’s a parasite in the club and his negativity has spread.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dames said:

Most match going fans for lack of a better word are pretty casual. They turn up on a Saturday watch the football and then after that football doesnt exist until the next match. They’ll get most of their news from the Merc or BBCRL. 

Yeah they should be spending those days in-between matches transcribing Rodgers pre/post match interviews into the FT format of what his words ‘really’ meant the bloody wordsmith or opening up visme software to pull together a chart to show how every misplaced pass or new injury comes straight from the training ground before opening the players individual threads to say how crap they are & should be moved on, then get into the Rodgers thread to say how shite he’s doing despite having the best LCFC squad ever & if there’s any time left they should be composing a harshly worded email to the board, the bloody plastics.

Edited by BKLFox

4 hours ago, Dames said:

What? 

Have you done a survey?

12 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I was genuinely shocked the reception he got at full time after scraping through against a League Two side. He’s nowhere to be seen when we lose of course…

At this point you should be clear you’re either Rodgers In or Rodgers Out but it seems the vast majority will flip back and forth based on a result.

Not only am I amazed so many can flip based on a result, I’m also amazed the result is the determining factor. For me, the way he’s disrespected the club and the fans I’d be Rodgers Out even if he won the whole competition. Got to have principles and standards but it seems our fanbase en masse have lost theirs.

Nailled it :appl: Rodgers out! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dames said:

Where's your evidence for this statement? 

12 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

At least BR knows where his loyaltys lie and thats with the players he has and the club. unlike most fans who do ^ this ^ everyweek. That statement is pretty funny to hear considering most think hes disrespected the club. jokers the lot of you.

:brendan_still:

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

At least BR knows where his loyaltys lie and thats with the players he has and the club. unlike most fans who do ^ this ^ everyweek. That statement is pretty funny to hear considering most think hes disrespected the club. jokers the lot of you.

Apart from him saying several times the attitude and quality of his players isn't good enough, you are spot on there. Very much on their side against the oiks in the crowd who, according to lots, still back him at matches.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Yeah they should be spending those days in-between matches transcribing Rodgers pre/post match interviews into the FT format of what his words ‘really’ meant the bloody wordsmith or opening up visme software to pull together a chart to show how every misplaced pass or new injury comes straight from the training ground before opening the players individual threads to say how crap they are & should be moved on, then get into the Rodgers thread to say how shite he’s doing despite having the best LCFC squad ever & if there’s any time left they should be composing a harshly worded email to the board, the bloody plastics.

No need to get so wound up its just my experience thats all. Not everyone lives and breathes football, i never said its a bad thing but it just means they can switch it off easier. 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

What? 

Have you done a survey?

No but I speak to a lot of people and from my experience theres a difference between the younger more socially engaged crowd who live and breathe football as opposed to the older less so and you only have to go down on match day to see what demographic is most commonly occurring.

2 hours ago, Rossiter said:

Where's your evidence for this statement? 

Its not a scientific thesis its just how I think people see things from my experience. Younger fans are more switched on to football and active on social media etc whereas older fans are different. 

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

image.png.f0e1e4e41cdd326b118e79d67b39c641.png

There are also many fans insistent in writing negative cynical drivel over Rodgers,then continue the theme on as a fact…Turning words interviews into their own agenda,where Goebbels would have been proud,,!!

Even going on since he has been here…

I am not a Rodgers any manager ( one way or tother) man.Character of  all managers can be worms one minute ,then Wisdom of Solomon the next..

Its simple..performance,performance, make the fans proud,  !

whether sinking,floating, crashing high through the waves….He ain’t, !! so normal circumstances he would of been asked to leave,& with my blessing…

So Other  mitigating and points of motion are being played out…

To that we are simply clueless…

But made up controversy stories just built upon fans perspectives & frustration..

Soap-opera football…is born..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1