Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It is more nuanced than you’re in of your out. Forcing anyone to decide is not freedom of choice. Rogers drives me nuts too with the strange things he does but I really don’t believe the narrative he’s trying to deliberately destroy our club and ruin his own legacy. That would be some seriously ambitious conspiracy theory mental asylum stuff.

he does need to change his ways asap if he starts improving his own performance than that’s good for us all. Let’s wait and see now…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

At least BR knows where his loyaltys lie and thats with the players he has and the club. unlike most fans who do ^ this ^ everyweek. That statement is pretty funny to hear considering most think hes disrespected the club. jokers the lot of you.

:brendan_still:

Well you would hope that an employee of a football club who is paid a lot of money would know where his loyalties lie. Though I'm not 100% convinced he's that loyal to all the players. Also I do believe he's someone who is more loyal to the "brand Rodgers" than to any club he's ever managed. Of course, this is just a personal opinion.

I also think you are missing the point of many people's concerns, though, I'm sure you realise that fan's opinions oscillate quite a lot depending on results and performances.

What is currently incontrovertible is that results are a significant downgrade on the previous seasons and that as a team we are largely underperforming both in terms of results and also in terms of the levels of quality and excitement. To me it is up to the manager to address these failings and currently he's largely failing to do this. 

Edited by reynard
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dames said:

No need to get so wound up its just my experience thats all. Not everyone lives and breathes football, i never said its a bad thing but it just means they can switch it off easier. 

No but I speak to a lot of people and from my experience theres a difference between the younger more socially engaged crowd who live and breathe football as opposed to the older less so and you only have to go down on match day to see what demographic is most commonly occurring.

Its not a scientific thesis its just how I think people see things from my experience. Younger fans are more switched on to football and active on social media etc whereas older fans are different. 

Probably right about the social media part. Not sure about the younger fans being more 'switched on'. Probably sing more. Depends what you mean by 'switched on'.  Older fans are definitely different in how they get up the stairs at St James Park! 

FA.cup, Nrighton vs L’pool…Amazing comments really, for a club with money & top 20 cover players, but commentator & pundits,insist that Klopp is struggling with 2-3 injuries, and rythme and character of trying to build on the season is ruined.  It’s a major point, Something many FT fans deny Rodgers…

Difference is Klopp with his “ fringe players” gets decent performances from his charges..Brendan pitch translation, produces quite poor performances..

Yes Foxes injury problems have been, & are mitigating circumstances….but we invested outside in a top 16 group,Academy-players hardly used….

But we still fail to perform…Any manager in the PL,might struggle for results,but can’t be excused on performances after 1/2 season already ran…

No cohersion,no small group meshing or understanding…

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Well you would hope that an employee of a football club who is paid a lot of money would know where his loyalties lie. Though I'm not 100% convinced he's that loyal to all the players. Also I do believe he's someone who is more loyal to the "brand Rodgers" than to any club he's ever managed. Of course, this is just a personal opinion.

I also think you are missing the point of many people's concerns, though, I'm sure you realise that fan's opinions oscillate quite a lot depending on results and performances.

What is currently incontrovertible is that results are a significant downgrade on the previous seasons and that as a team we are largely underperforming both in terms of results and also in terms of the levels of quality and excitement. To me it is up to the manager to address these failings and currently he's largely failing to do this. 

He really isn't on the players' side. His public comments have been uncalled for and very unhelpful.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Probably right about the social media part. Not sure about the younger fans being more 'switched on'. Probably sing more. Depends what you mean by 'switched on'.  Older fans are definitely different in how they get up the stairs at St James Park! 

As in switched on with football in general, watch more games, interact with rival fans more, it all adds up to them having more of a benchmark to compare us too etc. Where as until today William and Edith wouldnt have been able to tell you who played right wing for Shaktar 2 years ago. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

What stereotyping generalisation and labelling. 

Yes your right.

Like it or not stereotyping is generally based in fact.

Either way go see for yourself, go and ask 20 people over 50 who Mitoma is and who he plays for and then ask the same question to 20 people under 40. We both know which group is more than likely to have the higher proportion of correct answers.

Its not a bad thing and i’m not throwing shade at anyone but it explains why a lot of fans from a certain group are still highly supportive of Rodgers, they just dont have the time or energy to be football mad whereas younger people do. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

As in switched on with football in general, watch more games, interact with rival fans more, it all adds up to them having more of a benchmark to compare us too etc. Where as until today William and Edith wouldnt have been able to tell you who played right wing for Shaktar 2 years ago. 

Fair enough.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, eblair said:

We have always been a club which has always been really special to its fan and sneered upon by outsiders. Now we have a manager selling out the club to the national media to the dismay of loyal supporters. 

....exactly this!!!

We have lost our identity, our recent success has cost us even more than we know.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

I still believe he deliberately tried to throw the first game of the season against Brentford, but the bigger problem is his mental coaching of the players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

It is more nuanced than you’re in of your out. Forcing anyone to decide is not freedom of choice. Rogers drives me nuts too with the strange things he does but I really don’t believe the narrative he’s trying to deliberately destroy our club and ruin his own legacy. That would be some seriously ambitious conspiracy theory mental asylum stuff.

he does need to change his ways asap if he starts improving his own performance than that’s good for us all. Let’s wait and see now…

...asking someone to make decision in this situation is not taking away anyones right to choose,!!!

The flip flopping on this forum is a sight to see.

I am not sure where this idea that he is attempting to undermine his legacy has come from, if anything he goes to great lengths to protect it, at everyone elses expense.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Like it or not stereotyping is generally based in fact.

Either way go see for yourself, go and ask 20 people over 50 who Mitoma is and who he plays for and then ask the same question to 20 people under 40. We both know which group is more than likely to have the higher proportion of correct answers.

Its not a bad thing and i’m not throwing shade at anyone but it explains why a lot of fans from a certain group are still highly supportive of Rodgers, they just dont have the time or energy to be football mad whereas younger people do. 

No it's perception of something, it's not a fact.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

The narrative is that our transfer activity is evidence of us 'Backing Rodgers', but am I the only one who thinks it is the opposite, and it's a sign of us taking back some of the power he has been given over recent years?

He keeps going on about us 'Lacking leaders' and us 'Needing experience', yet we have signed, and are still linked to (Souttar and Harrison to a lesser extent) younger players with potential and resale value. We're no longer targeting the 'Broken players' he wanted previously.

We've got quite enough of those already and he broke most of them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its clear he is now hear till summer, I feel we need a change but right now I don't know what that change will be so I feel must give him and the new signings a few games more, I do think Madders might be sold to balance the books and that's shocking when you realise Rodgers net spend is very very small, I was surprised he got such a loud clap when he came over to us all yesterday, I think he is quite a deluded chap really but I'm willing to give him a few more games 

I don't understand the decisions he makes, I don't understand why he isolated Soyunchu, I don't like his boring style of football and I've given up listening to his interviews as he annoys me. Thankfully we have some fresh blood now, so at least we won't be going down this season. ( Part of me even wanted that, just to see the back of Rogers) I've also concluded seeing as footballers have such short careers giving any employee more than a two year contract is foolish , purely from a business point of view.

1 hour ago, the draper said:

Its clear he is now hear till summer, I feel we need a change but right now I don't know what that change will be so I feel must give him and the new signings a few games more, I do think Madders might be sold to balance the books and that's shocking when you realise Rodgers net spend is very very small, I was surprised he got such a loud clap when he came over to us all yesterday, I think he is quite a deluded chap really but I'm willing to give him a few more games 

I think that we need to forget the term 'net spend' as first used by Rodgers himself because our owners from the start were never going to make huge net spends. Think more of the 200m raised money spent and how much value for money we got from that expenditure. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, the draper said:

You can say that again...  the bloke is in his own little world, primarily situated up his own @rse

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Yet another Monday the fraud's still here...

I have come to the conclusion he will be here all season and likely the start of next. I think for Top it goes deeper than results its about saving face and him digging in saying Rodgers is his guy come what may. Possible status thing also as in football circles Rodgers is likely still seen as a 'name'. 

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

I have come to the conclusion he will be here all season and likely the start of next. I think for Top it goes deeper than results its about saving face and him digging in saying Rodgers is his guy come what may. Possible status thing also has in football circles Rodgers is likely still seen as a 'name'. 

I also see him as a name...but it only has 4 letters and begins with a "C".

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I have come to the conclusion he will be here all season and likely the start of next. I think for Top it goes deeper than results its about saving face and him digging in saying Rodgers is his guy come what may. Possible status thing also has in football circles Rodgers is likely still seen as a 'name'. 

Long may his reign continue. :brendan_still: