Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

I have come to the conclusion he will be here all season and likely the start of next. I think for Top it goes deeper than results its about saving face and him digging in saying Rodgers is his guy come what may. Possible status thing also has in football circles Rodgers is likely still seen as a 'name'. 

Much the same, it must be something more than footballing reasons. Surely the two diabolical runs of form and regression would be enough to have a manager sacked in normal circumstances. 

Only difference is that I personally think there'll be a mutual agreement in the summer to part ways. Mainly as Rodgers must realise that the job is absolutely huge in the summer and he'd have absolutely no hiding place if it went wrong.

17 hours ago, Dames said:

Like it or not stereotyping is generally based in fact.

Either way go see for yourself, go and ask 20 people over 50 who Mitoma is and who he plays for and then ask the same question to 20 people under 40. We both know which group is more than likely to have the higher proportion of correct answers.

Its not a bad thing and i’m not throwing shade at anyone but it explains why a lot of fans from a certain group are still highly supportive of Rodgers, they just dont have the time or energy to be football mad whereas younger people do. 

Ha! Agree with most of that as a 63 year old, don’t know or often trust foreign players or managers, but, having played at a level that pays £100 a game nowadays, do know football and Rodgers isn’t for me!, and hasn’t been since even before the cup win brilliant as it was.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

No chance, their fans would go apeshit and rightly so.

Why? The media narrative is that he's done an amazing job and even now is doing well as we've not backed him. Surely they'll just see that and go with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

He probably will end up at Spurs in the summer.

Oh I so pray that happens..

1 We are finally rid of the  f...... c... b.. of a fraud

2 Apart from Man Utd, Spuds are the 2nd team I dislike the most, so for him to land there, have a good 6 Mths then start to imprint his horrendous template of BendanBall on them, that would be stupendous.  Also with him being this so called  "Elite manager"  going to a top 6 team, with the supposedly better calibre  of players at his disposal and the considerably better financial backing  he wouldn't be able to hide this time, and hopefully the world will finally see the true reality of what a crock of sh1t of a manager he really is.  To destroy the one thing apart for his ego that he prizes most of all, his reputation would be worth the last 20Mths + of torture he's inflicting on us at present 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Much the same, it must be something more than footballing reasons. Surely the two diabolical runs of form and regression would be enough to have a manager sacked in normal circumstances. 

Only difference is that I personally think there'll be a mutual agreement in the summer to part ways. Mainly as Rodgers must realise that the job is absolutely huge in the summer and he'd have absolutely no hiding place if it went wrong.

...what is happening in this window will make the summer window far more easier!!!

22 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I have come to the conclusion he will be here all season and likely the start of next. I think for Top it goes deeper than results its about saving face and him digging in saying Rodgers is his guy come what may. Possible status thing also as in football circles Rodgers is likely still seen as a 'name'. 

There's a large amount of truth in that and most of the media know it. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Chips are down now. He's got no excuses left.

Don't worry , he has plenty in the locker. After all he wrote the big book of excuses. If they hammer us 5-0 he will explain it all away to the satisfaction of the media.

On 29/01/2023 at 16:07, Dames said:

Like it or not stereotyping is generally based in fact.

Either way go see for yourself, go and ask 20 people over 50 who Mitoma is and who he plays for and then ask the same question to 20 people under 40. We both know which group is more than likely to have the higher proportion of correct answers.

Its not a bad thing and i’m not throwing shade at anyone but it explains why a lot of fans from a certain group are still highly supportive of Rodgers, they just dont have the time or energy to be football mad whereas younger people do. 

What a ridiculous comment, showing disrespect for the older supporters.  If retired then they have lots of time to invest in their interest in football and all things Leicester City.  They have also been following football for much longer than the younger generation and so have a much wider and deeper knowledge, having witnessed changes, and the ups and downs of football, over many years.

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Nothings going to change with a few new signings. I don’t know why people think it will.

Actually I’m wrong there. One thing will change. The new signings will be forced to. That YouTube video of Tete running forwards and attacking? Save the video. Won’t see much of that here 

call yourself a LCFC faithful. shameful :plancque:

• Haha 1