Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

It's probably been mentioned numerous times before but I do wonder how different this season would have been, had we purchased the likes of Madueke etc (BR's management aside). Clearly from the board's perspective, if the season played out in the same way despite the squad refresh it then becomes more of a clear cut decision about BR's position. There's no denying past recruitment has been an issue but at the same time you have to credit the club when they do well - this seems to be an impressive window.

4 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

It's probably been mentioned numerous times before but I do wonder how different this season would have been, had we purchased the likes of Madueke etc (BR's management aside). Clearly from the board's perspective, if the season played out in the same way despite the squad refresh it then becomes more of a clear cut decision about BR's position. There's no denying past recruitment has been an issue but at the same time you have to credit the club when they do well - this seems to be an impressive window.

So far so good get someone in the middle of the park and well be laughing time to kick on Leicester 

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

What will the excuses be now he's been backed? 

1. The players are trying their best but just don't have the quality 

2. It's too hot

3. It's too cold

4. The pitch is too bobbly

5. We don't have the same resources as gillingham

6. Some of the players don't want to be here 

7. The other team have a very good manager

Now That's What I Call Excuses 

All produced and performed by "Elite coach" Brendan "Not a magician" Rodgers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

1. The players are trying their best but just don't have the quality 

2. It's too hot

3. It's too cold

4. The pitch is too bobbly

5. We don't have the same resources as gillingham

6. Some of the players don't want to be here 

7. The other team have a very good manager

Now That's What I Call Excuses 

All produced and performed by "Elite coach" Brendan "Not a magician" Rodgers

But according to FT,everyone a fact…

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He now has to show his ability as an elite level manager.  No excuses.  He has the players.  

Make it work or face managerial oblivion.

Very wishful thinking. We could lose every game for the rest of the season and our board still wouldn’t sack him and the media would still say he’s had his hands tied. He’s not facing any managerial oblivion, he’s on easy street.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

Well, well, well, he got what he wanted. Now we shall see what he is capable of, I wonder what his excuse will be.

I feel like the club have called his bluff.

Do you honestly think owners of multibillion dollar businesses call the bluff of a manager purchasing 30 million quids worth of assets? 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Do you honestly think owners of multibillion dollar businesses call the bluff of a manager purchasing 30 million quids worth of assets? 

Once again, it feels like and has been mooted the club has ‘wrestled back control of recruitment’.

The recent transfers business seems more our previous model.

I think what @WinslowFox means is that the club now cannot be accused of not backing Rodgers.

However, the decision to let Perez and Albrighton leave is baffling, on the clubs behalf.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Once again, it feels like and has been mooted the club has ‘wrestled back control of recruitment’.

The recent transfers business seems more our previous model.

I think what @WinslowFox means is that the club now cannot be accused of not backing Rodgers.

However, the decision to let Perez and Albrighton leave is baffling, on the clubs behalf.

Was mulling this over in my brain before going sleep last night. Maybe it’s now to encourage the inclusion of younger talent, the bench has to be made up with players somewhere and we know we have some exciting prospects that maybe just need a chance. Albeit risky if we find ourselves deeper in relegation scrap, but then I suppose they’d be acclimatised to first team football if relegation was to happen??

5 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Probably be a lot in disagreement here but I think now he’s been backed not sacked, we should get behind him. If it doesn’t improve now there will be no more excuses. Let’s let this reinvigorate us and get right behind the team. 

We'll see....

But the style of football hes been dishing up has got to change!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Probably be a lot in disagreement here but I think now he’s been backed not sacked, we should get behind him. If it doesn’t improve now there will be no more excuses. Let’s let this reinvigorate us and get right behind the team. 

Has he been backed though? Really? Maybe in defence but we've sent 2 attackers out on loan and got 1 in....hardly a great move if we continue to get more and more injuries well be back to square 1

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, he’s got some of what he wanted but probably not all. Some of the out going’s, considering squad depth, seem strange. 

Will it be enough?  Hopefully, but I have my doubts. 

Has Brendan been backed enough? Probably not in all fairness. 

Should he still be our manager?  Not my call. I think he’s pants, but he’s what we’ve got and he’s here, I think, for the rest of the season. 

13 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

There will always be excuses with him. Either made by him or for him

• Like 4

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

There will always be excuses with him. Either made by him or for him

Less than the moaning whining duo of Klopp & Pep,throw in that previous Chelsea wizard Tuchel…??

Though for all that,I reiterate once again,What noises come out of a football managers mouth,is totally irrelevant. A mixture of trivial nonsense,to wisdom on wheels that cruise past the spins of contradiction cutting the banal through to percepience & acuity of those gameday twists of achievement and downfalls…

How fans allow themselves to get pulled in, then go on chastising every word,& not the actual presentation, & failures within the spread of tactics…

criticising  a football manager,for being Stubborn,Egoistic, arrogant and the rest…is the actual strengths we need our managers to carry.

Rodgers has a decent CV,he’s achieved more than the managers average NAME.

Now he’s floundering,at the moment not on his words,but by not delivering on, onfield performance & presentation….Nothing else counts..

• Like 1