Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

51 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't necessarily think you have to have met someone personally to dislike them. Its a natural thing for people to like or dislike people in the public eye without ever meeting them. I understand what you're saying about the silverware, I think all Leicester fans will always be grateful to Brendan for that but we live in the here and now, and managers get judged on results and performances now, not 2 years ago. There are arguments for both sides with Brendan, lack of backing last summer being in his favour, but his attitude and interviews at the start of the season was appalling. The constant blame game whether it be the board, the players, the fans, anyone but him. 

I also don't think you necessarily have to like someone to appreciate when they are doing a good job. I reckon most football fans can't stand the managers as most of them are arrogant t*ats that talk utter nonsense like Pep and Klopp, but when your team is winning you can ignore all the bollocks. When your team is losing though, attitudes can change, and i honestly think it would take a huge upturn in results and attitude from Brendan for many fans to accept him again. 

Edit: last thing on attitudes. As I said about the most managers being t*ats... when Ranieri was sacked I think 99% of our fans were sad/gutted. Whilst things were going downhill with him in charge, he was such a likeable guy, something that is very much lacking in the Premier league right now. Ranieri won us the league and then was sacked when it went downhill and I was gutted. Rodgers won the fa Cup and if he was sacked, I wouldn't give 2 shits

Take note @guppy this is how you respond.

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

I actually didn't mind that we went to a back 5 with a 2 goal lead. 

We hung on in the end and that's the main thing. And one of the subs gets a goal too so don't see how anyone would complain about today. 

...I still do not believe you have to I introduce a new formation in order to close out a game!!!

One goal back by Villa and we would have lost our cohesion and superiority in the match.

It is a policy Rodgers goes to, and more often than not ends up with us losing the game or throwing away leads. Bring on the substitution by all means,  we just need to keep doing what we did to put us in this position. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Best XI he's named in ages - positive and most importantly of all, he got Iheanacho in there at last.

Will give him credit when he gets it right.

I suppose the question is whether this was some master plan which couldn't work without Tete, or whether he has stumbled across this by accident...

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I suppose the question is whether this was some master plan which couldn't work without Tete, or whether he has stumbled across this by accident...

Let's see what he does against Spurs. Temptation will be to go back to Vardy but I think Nacho deserves a run in this team. Earnt another go after today

Edited by TK95

My biggest stick to beat him with has been our mentality and intent under him. I won’t comment on the performance or result as I’ve always said I’d be ok if we lose as long as we show some fight and look like we want to get at the opposition. We showed that yesterday and we got the result to go with it. Much improved but it needs to continue, we can’t revert to showing Spurs respect as we normally have against the big teams under Rodgers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

We can win all the way between now and forever and it won’t make a jot of difference to how I feel about Rodgers. Loathe the man. I hate his smile, his grimace, his voice, his hair…the lot. Just the sight of him sets me on edge, the second he begins pouring out meaningless phrases I want to break things. That so many can reverse their opinion after ONE game is beyond pathetic.

Yeah it took you four games last time before you piped down a bit... :D

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Putting aside my intense dislike of Rodgers, he got that spot on yesterday. As soon as I saw the line up I fancied us. 

Setting up in his usual way we’d have lost, so at the very worst we were going to lose yesterday whilst going down fighting. The biggest gripe I’ve had with him is his boring football. Let’s have see some more attacking intent like yesterday.

He should definitely be going with the same line up against Spurs. Can anyone name a period under Rodgers where (injuries aside 🙄) we had a settled 11? I don’t think I can 

When we didn't have injuries which was about October/ November 2019. Had constant injuries since then.

When he gets it right, we are great to watch and arguably it’s the best football I have ever witnessed from a City side, we need to maintain this mentality and approach for the remainder of the season. Glad the club has backed him in this latest window, as it has removed any excuses and it’s now on Brendan and his backroom team to get this group firing and pushing up that table and give everyone associated with the club a positive 2nd half of the season, that lifts the gloom and sets us up to push on again. 

When his head is fully focused and engaged he is very capable of producing good teams that play scintillating football but over the last 12 months or so he has also caused irreparable damage to his reputation and relationship with certain elements of the fanbase through his negative behaviour and sound bites to the media about the squad, the lack of backing and the expectations of the club. 

Hopefully we can pull together a decent run of results that ensures safety ASAP and then there needs to be some reflection by the club and Rodgers as to whether he has the heart and stomach to continue to be the Manager of Leicester City Football Club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

We can win all the way between now and forever and it won’t make a jot of difference to how I feel about Rodgers. Loathe the man. I hate his smile, his grimace, his voice, his hair…the lot. Just the sight of him sets me on edge, the second he begins pouring out meaningless phrases I want to break things. 

I know we'd get on in person - seeing you write like this bothers me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I still do not believe you have to I introduce a new formation in order to close out a game!!!

One goal back by Villa and we would have lost our cohesion and superiority in the match.

It is a policy Rodgers goes to, and more often than not ends up with us losing the game or throwing away leads. Bring on the substitution by all means,  we just need to keep doing what we did to put us in this position. 

You don't 'have' to, but it can be done and it can work. 

Did Villa score again? Nope. 

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

We were massively under the cosh and it looked like conceding a goal was only a formality. Something had to change and today it worked well. Thought it was interesting seeing the reaction between Cags and Rodgers when he came on. It could be a good way to reintegrate him back into the team for the rest of the season.

Predictability is our biggest weakness, the strength in depth we now have allows us to use subs effectively and change things up to match, beat, compensate for the opposition.

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

We can win all the way between now and forever and it won’t make a jot of difference to how I feel about Rodgers. Loathe the man. I hate his smile, his grimace, his voice, his hair…the lot. Just the sight of him sets me on edge, the second he begins pouring out meaningless phrases I want to break things. That so many can reverse their opinion after ONE game is beyond pathetic.

I’ve not reversed anything. I can’t stand the bloke. I can and will overlook that though should he start to actually persistently set up for us to have a go in games. (I don’t think he will FWIW)

Yesterday was just a massive shock to see him go for it for once, especially away from home. I’ve lost track of amount of times I’ve said he should let the opposition worry about what we can do, rather than constantly setting up trying to nullify the oppositions threats. 

9 hours ago, trabuch said:

At least he has stopped sulking now. That can only be a good thing. 

This is it for me. He's a manager for when he's getting his own way. When he's not, then he does seem to pack a sad and seemingly infect all around him. Further, I'm not sure we can, as a club, afford his ongoing want list. I'm not sure how sustainable he is. I do think, longer term, we need to move him on. Hopefully that will be his choice when a more affluent suitor comes along.

I don't like his brand of football at all but that's a preference thing and if it returns results then I'm ok with it. That's the important thing.  And as a person I don't like him, and I agree a great deal with that which @jayfox26wrote above on that point. I can differentiate between Rodgers as an individual and his abilities, talents and successes - I see no contradiction in my dislike for his personality but acknowledgement of his abilities.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Good job he isn’t on some shitty reality tv show then, he should be judged on his job, for which we saw a very early positive sign yesterday.