Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

We can win all the way between now and forever and it won’t make a jot of difference to how I feel about Rodgers. Loathe the man. I hate his smile, his grimace, his voice, his hair…the lot. Just the sight of him sets me on edge, the second he begins pouring out meaningless phrases I want to break things. That so many can reverse their opinion after ONE game is beyond pathetic.

They’re the apotheosis of Fickle. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Hopefully he’s stopped sulking and is excited behind this summer rebuild as we’re not sacking him.

If we can get a few more in like the new boys yesterday we’ll be just fine. 

I now think we’ll stay up. 

I think he will end up at Spurs some rumours their end he’s on their wish list should Conte leave.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

We can win all the way between now and forever and it won’t make a jot of difference to how I feel about Rodgers. Loathe the man. I hate his smile, his grimace, his voice, his hair…the lot. Just the sight of him sets me on edge, the second he begins pouring out meaningless phrases I want to break things. That so many can reverse their opinion after ONE game is beyond pathetic.

Seems a bit rich to call others pathetic when your a fully grown man whingeing on an Internet forum about another fully grown man's voice, hair and smile! 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I know we'd get on in person - seeing you write like this bothers me.

Tone of voice, innit. Never comes across in a post, I always assume individual ones are taken in context of the body of posting and that some insist on taking them at face value always tickles me. I'm never serious. Don't let it bother you.

That said, I genuinely don't like Rodgers.

...Or do I? Doesn't matter none, we are all a maelstrom of contradictions and this is an irrelevant marketplace of opinions worth less than a political promise. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Hopefully he’s stopped sulking and is excited behind this summer rebuild as we’re not sacking him.

Yep, more confident now after Aston Villa.

Rodgers needs to stick to yesterday's performance as a blueprint for the rest of the season!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Tone of voice, innit. Never comes across in a post, I always assume individual ones are taken in context of the body of posting and that some insist on taking them at face value always tickles me. I'm never serious. Don't let it bother you.

That said, I genuinely don't like Rodgers.

...Or do I? Doesn't matter none, we are all a maelstrom of contradictions and this is an irrelevant marketplace of opinions worth less than a political promise. :D

I am aware of the tone of voice thing - given my recent experiences, I suggest making it patently obvious, given this is the written word.

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Hypocrite much.

14 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I suppose the question is whether this was some master plan which couldn't work without Tete, or whether he has stumbled across this by accident...

I've seen a long enough run of total crap under a long period of time to know he's got serious limitations regardless and nothing's changed for me about wanting him in or out. But he did get that XI (well the outfielders) right and I feared he wouldn't.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Putting aside my intense dislike of Rodgers, he got that spot on yesterday. As soon as I saw the line up I fancied us. 

Setting up in his usual way we’d have lost, so at the very worst we were going to lose yesterday whilst going down fighting. The biggest gripe I’ve had with him is his boring football. Let’s have see some more attacking intent like yesterday.

He should definitely be going with the same line up against Spurs. Can anyone name a period under Rodgers where (injuries aside 🙄) we had a settled 11? I don’t think I can 

Exact same - backed us to win as soon as I saw that lineup. It's better than Villa's. Nobody will convince me it isn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am aware of the tone of voice thing - given my recent experiences, I suggest making it patently obvious, given this is the written word.

I used to post tongue-in-cheek / faux-angry posts on here quite often - but a lot gets lost in translation and whilst I used to get a fair few likes / upvotes, etc. I realised that you end up looking like a bit of a dickhead to others when the tone doesn't cut through - you genuinely come across as angry, even if that's not the case. 

Also realised that voicing all of your opinions on a forum to the same few people all the time is just a time-sink and not really worth it. way more productive ways to spend your spare time. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I used to post tongue-in-cheek / faux-angry posts on here quite often - but a lot gets lost in translation and whilst I used to get a fair few likes / upvotes, etc. I realised that you end up looking like a bit of a dickhead to others when the tone doesn't cut through - you genuinely come across as angry, even if that's not the case. 

Also realised that voicing all of your opinions on a forum to the same few people all the time is just a time-sink and not really worth it. way more productive ways to spend your spare time. 

Quite right, every day is a school day.

9 hours ago, Claridge said:

I wonder where we would of been pin the league if he had been backed in the summer? Top six I should think. Don’t like Rodgers, but he was spot on about the new players

Top 6 seems very OTT. Probably would have been top half and not looking over our shoulders both in terms of personnel on the pitch and also would have been much less negativity around the club (and that’s not just referring to Rodgers but generally). 

9 hours ago, Claridge said:

I wonder where we would of been pin the league if he had been backed in the summer? Top six I should think. Don’t like Rodgers, but he was spot on about the new players

Think we all knew we needed new players. Doesn't take a coach of many years of experience to see we were starting our downward trajectory. 

Top 6? Nah. We lack the strength in depth for that. Deadwood needs to be moved on, as the sight of our bench on match-days were depressing, especially when losing and you needed a game-changer.

With significant investment, and I mean, build on what we have replace the inevitable departures of Tielemans and Maddison, then we could be mentioned in the same sentence as Europe again. 

Until then, we can only hope for midtable mediocrity. Too good to go down, but not got the resources to push the Top 6 sides again like we have (when we massively overachieved for two seasons).

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've seen a long enough run of total crap under a long period of time to know he's got serious limitations regardless and nothing's changed for me about wanting him in or out. But he did get that XI (well the outfielders) right and I feared he wouldn't.

...to a degree, that team picks itself!!!

18 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Think we all knew we needed new players. Doesn't take a coach of many years of experience to see we were starting our downward trajectory. 

Top 6? Nah. We lack the strength in depth for that. Deadwood needs to be moved on, as the sight of our bench on match-days were depressing, especially when losing and you needed a game-changer.

With significant investment, and I mean, build on what we have replace the inevitable departures of Tielemans and Maddison, then we could be mentioned in the same sentence as Europe again. 

Until then, we can only hope for midtable mediocrity. Too good to go down, but not got the resources to push the Top 6 sides again like we have (when we massively overachieved for two seasons).

...this season the league is very poor and inconsistent, anything is possible, including that!!!

Brendan Rodgers is nowhere near as good a coach as HE thinks he is. But neither is he half as bad as many on FT make out.

The “miracle” worker quotes were nauseating, but frustratingly he had a point. The club has had a very poor recent record in the transfer market and has allowed far too many players to run their contracts down. Disenfranchised players, who have no jeopardy in terms of their future, don’t make a committed squad.

Our failure to make purchases in the summer, when it was so obvious we needed them, may be a mistake we don’t recover from. We have to hope injuries are fewer and our January recruits continue their great start. 

If we go down this season no doubt BR will get most of the blame, but there has been mismanagement from Top (literally) to bottom. It looks like we’ve gone some way to sorting ourselves out in January with the new signings and Top writing off the debt, but it’s going to be a very nerve wracking next few months 

• Like 1

Its not about whether he is good or bad , its about time , four years is long enough. We need new ideas and someone who can inspire the team. As I have said before though never give extended contracts to managers. They have to be sackable at reasonable cost.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Brendan Rodgers is nowhere near as good a coach as HE thinks he is. But neither is he half as bad as many on FT make out.

The “miracle” worker quotes were nauseating, but frustratingly he had a point. The club has had a very poor recent record in the transfer market and has allowed far too many players to run their contracts down. Disenfranchised players, who have no jeopardy in terms of their future, don’t make a committed squad.

Our failure to make purchases in the summer, when it was so obvious we needed them, may be a mistake we don’t recover from. We have to hope injuries are fewer and our January recruits continue their great start. 

If we go down this season no doubt BR will get most of the blame, but there has been mismanagement from Top (literally) to bottom. It looks like we’ve gone some way to sorting ourselves out in January with the new signings and Top writing off the debt, but it’s going to be a very nerve wracking next few months 

You are right to say if we go down both Rodgers and the ownership should share the blame. But for me it would be 70% Rodgers and 30% owners.

The decision not to buy anyone in the summer is increasingly looking like a gamble too far. Having said that, Rodgers's recruitment has been shambolic, so I can see why they were reticent to give him more cash.

Allowing so many players to run down their contracts has also been a massive failure. Perez, Tielemans and Soyuncu alone cost us around £90m so the idea they are all going to walk away for nothing this summer is bananas.

Even with all that though, I think the squad he has is better than where we are - and for that I blame his tactics, selection and godawful style of play over the last year or so.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

You are right to say if we go down both Rodgers and the ownership should share the blame. But for me it would be 70% Rodgers and 30% owners.

The decision not to buy anyone in the summer is increasingly looking like a gamble too far. Having said that, Rodgers's recruitment has been shambolic, so I can see why they were reticent to give him more cash.

Allowing so many players to run down their contracts has also been a massive failure. Perez, Tielemans and Soyuncu alone cost us around £90m so the idea they are all going to walk away for nothing this summer is bananas.

Even with all that though, I think the squad he has is better than where we are - and for that I blame his tactics, selection and godawful style of play over the last year or so.

I guess that depends how much you blame Rodgers for recruitment. It’s pretty obvious that he’s wanted players he didn’t get and got players that he didn’t want.