Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I’ll concede that he was right about needing new signings but he’s pigeonholed himself now if we go on a further bad run.

Really really needs to earn his bread now, the future of the club depends on it.  

29 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fine by me if some of the batty people on here can't stand Rodgers and will want him gone no matter what just because of some weird vendetta against his personality. I'll be enjoying our new look side and us hopefully winning games again. All the best.

*personality, performances, results, inability to solve problems

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I guess that depends how much you blame Rodgers for recruitment. It’s pretty obvious that he’s wanted players he didn’t get and got players that he didn’t want. 

Not 100% sure on that.  The Leicester Mercury did print something that Rodgers said that he had the final say on players coming in... 

Whether that power has been wrestled away from him and the "January 3" are 'Club Signings'  we can only guess with regards to that 

47 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I guess that depends how much you blame Rodgers for recruitment. It’s pretty obvious that he’s wanted players he didn’t get and got players that he didn’t want. 

I don',t even think its about recruitment , teams get stale and the biggest problem is motivation. Klopp and even Guardiola are beginning to find that even spending huge amounts of money doesn't change that. Rodgers is showing all the signs of a life expired manager. We need a change and so does he. 

• Like 2

On 05/02/2023 at 09:33, Claridge said:

I wonder where we would of been pin the league if he had been backed in the summer? Top six I should think. Don’t like Rodgers, but he was spot on about the new players

Problem is, the reason he wasnt backed in summer is because he's blown hundreds of millions on absolute dross, and apart from 1 player, everyone has got considerably worse in the last 2 years of his coaching, he was spot on about needing new players, but we would not need as many new players if 1) He improved the players he had and 2) had not blown hundreds of millions on players like Perez, Vestergaard, Daka and Soumare. 
He can't have his cake and eat it, he virtually created this problem the day he brought his fraud of a scout friend Congerton into the club.
Just look at the difference in signings we have made under Congertons leadership compared to the January signings with Glover advising. 

Congerton: Soumare 30m, Perez 35-40m, Vestergaard 20m, Daka 20m, Bertrand 80k a week, Praet 20m and has been completely wasted as he hardly fits the system.
Glover: Kristiansen 17m, Souttar 15m, Tete 3m loan but could potentially get for 20m. Faes I'm not sure about as he joined a few weeks before Glover officially signed, but there were talks as early as June 22 for him so possibly had influence on this. 

The difference between the two is just night and day, Congerton had a few good signings such as Justin or Lookman, but overall his signings have either failed to make any mark, are past it, don't fit the system the guy who brought him here want's to play, or are completely overpaid for such average players, Yet in Glovers short time with influence over the club, we've signed 3 possibly 4 players who all fit the mould that made Leicester one of the most envied clubs in world football in terms of how to run a club. 

I agree it was obvious the team was stale and needed refreshing in the summer, but the reason we didn't sits squarely at the managers door. Since Rodgers come in he's spent something like 240m on new signings, we've spent 100m on world class training facilities, and the wage budget has risen from 80m a season to 180m a season, and we have been in a worse position than when he signed. 

If this sounds passive aggressive it's not meant to be, just pissed off with his constant excuses, even if they have some merit at times. :thumbup:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Saturday's performance, surely, must now make him understand that that sort of approach in a game greatly benefits this team.

I mean we've seen short spells of it, albeit very few and far between before returning to his perceived preferred way for a long run, most recently before the world cup only for his laborious style to return, thus I'm not getting too excited and unfortunately don't see any reason to suggest we'll see Saturdays performance regularly and more often than not but it remains to be seen.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

If this sounds passive aggressive it's not meant to be, just pissed off with his constant excuses, even if they have some merit at times:thumbup:

Not sure you are going to seal the deal with this last line :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mean we've seen short spells of it, albeit very few and far between before returning to his preferred way for a long run, most recently before the world cup thus i'm not getting too excited and unfortunately don't see any reason to suggest we'll see Saturdays performance regularly and more often than not but it remains to be seen.

The one thing new recruits have is a desire to show their teammates what they can do and that tends to increase motivation. We need to keep that up though game after game.

• Like 1

It’s been boggling my mind today how we went from free-scoring (even when struggling) to shocking in front of goal since Christmas, back to Saturday’s display and the only common factor I can think of is full backs. I don’t mean to criticise Luke Thomas too much because he’s young, but having full backs who can actually attack and defend (Justin/Kristiansen) makes the whole difference for us. It allows us to pin teams back, it allows Barnes to run at less players, it means that the CB’s can be less risky in possession. Add Tete into equation and we’re flying. A Rodgers team needs decent full backs, or else he doesn’t have an alternative way of playing. And unfortunately for us our main injury problems have been in that position. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dames said:

I’ll concede that he was right about needing new signings but he’s pigeonholed himself now if we go on a further bad run.

Really really needs to earn his bread now, the future of the club depends on it.  

...I  think everyone was expecting new signings coming in, this is no great insight from Rodgers!!!

Suddenly there is this epiphany that a RW will give us this endless options in the way we play and play on the front foot. After nearly 4 years, such insight.

13 hours ago, Lionator said:

It’s been boggling my mind today how we went from free-scoring (even when struggling) to shocking in front of goal since Christmas, back to Saturday’s display and the only common factor I can think of is full backs. I don’t mean to criticise Luke Thomas too much because he’s young, but having full backs who can actually attack and defend (Justin/Kristiansen) makes the whole difference for us. It allows us to pin teams back, it allows Barnes to run at less players, it means that the CB’s can be less risky in possession. Add Tete into equation and we’re flying. A Rodgers team needs decent full backs, or else he doesn’t have an alternative way of playing. And unfortunately for us our main injury problems have been in that position. 

Its also true that when Ricci and JJ were fit we had poor performances. Over analysis of the last two years leads you up a blind path. We have good players , we know that we have seen them play. Its mainly down to a manager who can no longer motivate. Most managers lose that after a period only a true great like Ferguson can keep it up year after year.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We got pretty lucky on Saturday let's be honest. Could have been about 12-6 to villa. Will take it though. Hopefully improvements start to happen. Not holding my breathe yet though. Fully expect iheanacho to be benched. 

In what world did we get lucky?? We had more shots on target, we were clinical in the final third and grew into the game. 
You don’t score 4 away from home in a Premier League game by luck.

Did they really miss 10 easy chances? Did Ward pull of any world class saves?

It was a pretty even game in terms of midfield, but we were more clinical in attack and better defensively than them.

• Like 2