Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

In what world did we get lucky?? We had more shots on target, we were clinical in the final third and grew into the game. 
You don’t score 4 away from home in a Premier League game by luck.

Did they really miss 10 easy chances? Did Ward pull of any world class saves?

It was a pretty even game in terms of midfield, but we were more clinical in attack and better defensively than them.

I thought the same as th other guy, we ride our luck. Watkins missing an open Goal from a yard. Disallowed goal through luck,.it wasn't deliberate offisde trap. Ward mistiming a punch that went forward. Bailey delaying a shot and Souttar blocked. 

Plus, goal 1 was a gift, goal 3 could easily have been blown as a foil, Goal 4 was shambolic defending of a deflected Barnes pass. 

Saturday was fun, crazy, welcome, entertaining. But had dollops of luck too

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mad biker said:

It never ceases to amaze me how negative pessimistic anti fans can talk such total clap trap, we fully deserved the win and both of Viles goals were total flukes, the first could have bounced anywhere but went straight to Watkins and the second was an own goal,  give me strength !!

Isn’t that just football?  They had luck, we had luck. Match thread was its usual damning self for most of the first half. I popped in and said I thought we’d win it, because I did. However I’m not daft enough to think we were great. Early doors we were shaky. Doesn’t hurt to be honest. 

• Like 1

Just now, don_danbury said:

i think he is being pretty realistic. it was a mad game in which villa could've easily scored 5 or 6

And if my auntie had testicles she`d be my uncle,  they weren`t remotely dangerous most of their shots were lucky to stay in the stadium and Wardy only made a couple of actual saves, we were the better side, we won the game, get over it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mad biker said:

And if my auntie had testicles she`d be my uncle,  they weren`t remotely dangerous most of their shots were lucky to stay in the stadium and Wardy only made a couple of actual saves, we were the better side, we won the game, get over it 

calm down

47 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

In what world did we get lucky?? We had more shots on target, we were clinical in the final third and grew into the game. 

It was a pretty even game in terms of midfield, but we were more clinical in attack and better defensively than them.

Only thing I would say and this should be a compliment and praise to the defence rather than assuming we got lucky, but we made 3-4 incredible last ditch blocks that were goalbound and won't show up in any shot count I don't think.

That's something we've not seen enough of in recent weeks, our players throwing themselves on the line to defend our goal at all costs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mad biker said:

I`m calm, being one of our old, sitting down, flask carrying, unable to sing fans I am able to stay calm when surrounded by bull shine :-)

We deserved to win but you have to admit it was a bit of a nuts open game that could have ended 5-5 if Lady Luck had worked against us 

if this is the way Brendan ‘keegan’ rodgers intends playing for the rest of the season, it will be a wild ride ! 

Interesting little tidbit from this BBC article on Morocco's video analyst. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/64353402

Worked with Brendan at Liverpool and says "For Brendan it was about getting his philosophy across and my role was measuring how the team is performing against his clear ideas" so seems like he used the analysis more for validation of his own ideas than looking for ways to improve the team/beat the opponent

Edited by Harboro
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yes we did get pretty lucky. We were lucky to be leading at half time and we were lucky to hold on. Buendia and Watkins should have both scored in the first half (when Watkins didn't obviously) then they just fluffed some easy chances people would be hanging daka for on here. 

If we decided we're just going to be a team that out scores you I'm all for it but we were far from solid and we aren't ever going to be under this regime. 

• Like 3

It seems that if you are a member of the 'Rodgers Club' you are fine.

If not then you may as well not exist.   It makes you wonder what the frozen out plays have (or have not) done to deserve this fate.

If what was said is to be belived then IMO his man management skills stinks. He should be professional enough  (and this goes for all managers) to see the bigger picture and act for the good of the club that pays his salary not belittle players by making them train with the U23.  

Players may love his training sessions for there inventiveness and diversity, but when analysed at a physical level by physio's they seem to do more harm than good...a trate that had followed him from appointment to appointment  if other fan forums are to be believed, and something we are experiencing now that wasn't such a problem before his arrival, well certainly not to this level.

I would have been interested in hearing what he thought about his tactics and playing style..

Edited by Guppys Love Child

The Villa game was pretty chaotic. I agree that Villa could've scored more but also think we looked genuinely dangerous going forward for the first time in a long time. Was one of them where I thought even despite conceding we could still come back through sheer firepower and we did. I don't know about the sustainability of playing like that but I think I'm taking it over most of what we've seen this season.

The bit of solace I'll give is that we got through it despite having to rush a defender in pretty quickly and he picked the right attacking players. It was a strange game, but a fun one. I enjoyed it more than Wolves quite easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree that Villa could've scored more but also think we looked genuinely dangerous going forward for the first time in a long time.

Villa's defending was awful. Ours was better if not somewhat frantic on occasions. The commentators on the stream I watched were saying it could be a basketball score. I didn't think Rodgers liked basketball but he seemed happy enough at our performance.

Spurs will be a much better test of our new look.  What will Rodgers do for that one? We can't hand over the midfield as we arguably did at Villa, Kane will have a field day - he likes to drop deep.

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I thought the same as th other guy, we ride our luck. Watkins missing an open Goal from a yard. Disallowed goal through luck,.it wasn't deliberate offisde trap. Ward mistiming a punch that went forward. Bailey delaying a shot and Souttar blocked. 

Plus, goal 1 was a gift, goal 3 could easily have been blown as a foil, Goal 4 was shambolic defending of a deflected Barnes pass. 

Both of their goals were pure luck as well. A deflected own goal and a rebound from the ball coming back off the bar. 

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Pretty much all games are like this. I can talk of games we've lost where we've been the better side. And a hell of a lot of goals, goals we've conceded, can be put down to "bad defending". Every team rides their "luck" in games. But you better write to the PL and tell them to give Villa 3 points because they can't defend and we took advantage of that.

I just can't get over people putting us down even when we win. What joy do you get out of it? Just enjoy the win without having to analyse everything.

That's what football has become now; over analysis and stats. Just boring. Watch a game, enjoy it, job done.

Fvck me we were known for not having much of the ball when we won the bloody league. Or was that not good enough? When we won away at Spurs we had 10 shots and they had 21, 38% possession and 8 corners to their 16. Kane hit the bar, Kasper somehow got something on it. Shall I go on?

... Actually I may have gone overboard with that paragraph but it just doesn't make sense people just wanting to take away when we've actually won a game.

On another note, one that matters actually while we're analysis, on Saturday we had more shots on target then them, at Villa park, as the away side.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes we did get pretty lucky. We were lucky to be leading at half time and we were lucky to hold on. Buendia and Watkins should have both scored in the first half (when Watkins didn't obviously) then they just fluffed some easy chances people would be hanging daka for on here. 

If we decided we're just going to be a team that out scores you I'm all for it but we were far from solid and we aren't ever going to be under this regime. 

Not how it works though is it? Nacho’s chance at the start of the second half was better than both the Villa chances you mention, so it wasn’t as if we were under the cosh. :dunno:

• Like 1