Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm just not willing to celebrate turning the corner yet because I don't think we have. 

I agree. There were obviously encouraging signs, particularly from Tete (not just him but also the change of shape and options he gave us) but I am aware that Villa were awful defensively and that may or may not have flattered us. I'd certainly want to see more evidence before proclaiming we're back. 

Edited by taupe
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We were well under the cosh for large portions of the game. 

I'd argue Watkins fumbling at the back post with a tap in was easier too. 

I'm just not willing to celebrate turning the corner yet because I don't think we have. 

Neither should we celebrate anything beyond winning the one game and some improvement in that single game. I am certainly not suggesting we should, but neither should use previous games to devalue the improved performances in this one game. There is no corner turned yet for sure, not disputing that, but we can allow ourselves a small shred of localised enjoyment from an improved performance and the hope the new signings bring.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Neither should we celebrate anything beyond winning the one game and some improvement in that single game. I am certainly not suggesting we should, but neither should use previous games to devalue the improved performances in this one game. There is no corner turned yet for sure, not disputing that, but we can allow ourselves a small shred of localised enjoyment from an improved performance and the hope the new signings bring.

I enjoyed the win, ofcourse. I just stated before that I thought we had a huge slice of luck, it's not a dig. Tete is cause for enthusiasm for the few games he's here is the biggest take away. Along with iheancho is the second coming. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

18 hours ago, taupe said:

I agree. There were obviously encouraging signs, particularly from Tete (not just him but also the change of shape and options he gave us) but I am aware that Villa were awful defensively and that may or may not have flattered us. I'd certainly want to see more evidence before proclaiming we're back. 

Nobody has said this.

People are just pleased/excited we've won a game.

You make arguments with yourselves.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Lovely sunny day isn't it? 

Beautiful day here on the Welsh borders.  Snowdrops have just come up as well.  

But then I remembered Rodgers is still manager of this club - the sky turned black and the Snowdrops turned to naught but invasive weeds in my minds eye.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do you not think that thread title is tongue in cheek? That's how I read it.

Or just full of excitement? I'd love to believe it. A renaissance with a Brazilian winger. Early days but I'm more than happy to dream.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody has said this.

People are just pleased/excited we've won a game.

You make arguments with yourselves.

It was an exaggerated response thats more to do with the me thinking we were pretty lucky to win. Which I still maintain we were. Doesn't mean I'm not happy to win mate. 

23 hours ago, taupe said:

Of course they were....

Oppo Teams are always shit when we beat them..There is always condemned man's attitude to us winning 3pts.

All leagues are about a game at a time,but one can yodel when plan B works..

FT enjoys being miserable and cantankerous everytime we lose, then they can be bloody extatic when we win..

Always..sir but sir attitude..!

:P

Edited by fuchsntf

4 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Beautiful day here on the Welsh borders.  Snowdrops have just come up as well.  

But then I remembered Rodgers is still manager of this club - the sky turned black and the Snowdrops turned to naught but invasive weeds in my minds eye.

:ph34r:

The sky just didnt have the quality 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Lovely sunny day isn't it? 

Get out of here with that nonsense this is the doom and gloom thread.

With that being said I am happy we've won a game at last but I am reserving proper judgement for a few games. I still think we are in big trouble and we are 1 injury away from being an imbalanced team again. 

17 hours ago, taupe said:

Tongue in cheek or otherwise, it's been said. Odd thing is, you clearly agree that we haven't turned a corner, nor are we back. 

No of course I don't, I don't change my mind on one or two games. It's all about consistency first.

Going into tomorrow, a tough game, but I still think it's winnable.

Up the Foxes. We all want the same result.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's all about consistency first.

Indeed. Swallows and summers etc. There were promising signs against Villa and Spurs will be a better test of what difference the new signings will make longer term, and to consistency. Unfortunately, I'm never confident against them so that is admittedly and sadly colouring my outlook BUT we are capable on a good day, as we have seen.

Yes we do all want the same result, and particularly against them for me!   

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Get out of here with that nonsense this is the doom and gloom thread.

With that being said I am happy we've won a game at last but I am reserving proper judgement for a few games. I still think we are in big trouble and we are 1 injury away from being an imbalanced team again. 

That's completely fair enough. I agree that it's all about balance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Coming up to 4 years of Brendan Rodgers. The last 18 months have been painfully boring.

In general it’s not been good, but some good European games last season tbf. 

I would be interested to see the 11 that’s played the most over the last 18 months tho, bet it’s not great at all.