Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I moved to Brendan out after our poor start to the season.  After the World Cup we were awful.  

I want a manager who oversees performances like today.  History will show he won the FA Cup, had two 5th place finishes, and reached a European semi-final.

I am quite prepared to be very plastic and return to Brendan in if we get  performances like today's.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

2 wins and it's humble pie lol. Got it spot on the past 2 games so deserves credit for that but that hardly undoes how awful he's been does it? I mean, Iheanacho is absolutely bossing it so by the same token he deserves to criticised for not using him until now.

Its clear that Rodgers wants 2 pacy players out of the 3 forwards, so now that we have Tete he plays Nacho who can score and also drop deep and pick a pass.

Personally I think he should have found a way to get Nacho in the team and play Maddison as a 10 earlier in the season because we're so much better with everyone in their natural position.

It was like he had a stand-off with the board over the lack of summer signings and was trying to prove a point. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Because he was backed in the transfer market which he spoke about 18 months ago, admit he was right

This is how I see it (but having Rodgers as manager- God knows.. we could now lose the next five!)

It was clear that our squad was on its arse. We were having to constantly play Amartey and Thomas, neither of whom are good enough. Daka just wasn’t performing and we didn’t have a proper wide man on the right.

The signings have given the squad the lift it so desperately needed. Big Dan can now finally be dropped, Thomas can have a rest and we have an out ball and a goal scorer in Tete.

It’s not rocket science. When most thought it was a managerial change we needed (me included), what it looks like we actually needed was a better squad (which I also called for).

But don’t forget life under Brendan is anything but consistent. It could still change yet!

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, lifted*fox said:

or he just needed new players like he said and the club ended up agreeing when we were skirting around the bottom of the table? 

not everything is some big brendan rodgers conspiracy theory 

Not what I was implying. And the first part of your response makes what I said true, in a way. Look I’m not arsed how he goes about it, he could call us all ***** on the radio Leicester phone in as long as we’re winning football matches. He’s paid to win football matches, as long as he’s doing that I’ve got no issue. 

• Like 1

He was clearly dealt a poor hand and no one would have put the blame solely with him if it wasn't for the distancing himself from it all and showing the media how supposedly none of it was his fault.

In our lowest point he chose self preservation above anything else and I found that unforgivable.

When he's got us playing football like this though I couldn't care at all that he's a bellend. He's our bellend

For all the talk about signings its a player he has purposely under utilised and not backed thats making the difference. For Rodgers to turn a corner here he needs to back Iheanacho when he has a bad game or spell. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

For all the talk about signings its a player he has purposely under utilised and not backed thats making the difference. For Rodgers to turn a corner here he needs to back Iheanacho when he has a bad game or spell. 

Because he needed players around said certain player to utilise his attributes 

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan

Don’t forget we are talking about Brendan Rodgers here. Enjoy today but this could herald the start of a losing streak 😂

Such an enigma is Leicester under Brendan 

4 minutes ago, lanefox said:

He managed to do it a few seasons ago and lead us to an FA cup final with players that were playing before the transfer window. 

Well, one swallow doesn't make a summer and neither do 2, but you can't ignore the immediate impact the Jan signings have had. Team is starting to be freshened up and we're seeing the benefits.

I'm prepared to give the man a fresh chance, if not a clean slate, now that he's been backed by a competent transfer team and not his mate. After all if he succeeds so do we.

Come on Brendan, make us eat our words. :scarf:

20 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Always thought this was the play when Ünder was revved up to play PL games having impressed in Europe but he never gave it a chance.

For whatever reason Rodgers didn't trust Ünder but its been daft how we've not had pace on both wings for the majority of rhe time he's managed us.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lanefox said:

To all gammons Nacho fits the system now with a now out and out RW, I repeat Nacho fits the system with an out and out RW

Eeeeeee nacho cant play without a winger unlike Daka and Vardy who proved they can lol

Galmon Rusdhie xoxo

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Cheer up we’ve just won 4-1 🙄

I know mate. I said enjoy it. 
But one thing we have learnt under Rodgers is to expect the unexpected. He’s had us nearly in the top 4 for two seasons running, only to end up in terrible runs and no CL. Then he has us rooted to the bottom of the league, with no hope of looking like improving, to then improving the squad and scoring 8 goals in two matches.

A right roller coaster these past few seasons have been.

Personally, of course the new signings have made a big difference but I think it’s mainly about Maddison. He plays well before the WC and we don’t concede goals and don’t lose games. He gets injured and we look terrible again. He comes back into the team and we start scoring again.

Maddison is an absolute jewel in this side. When he leaves in the summer we must replace him with a real class signing.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

That's the blueprint right there Brendan! Stay on the front foot and take the game to them! We have the players to blow teams away

At halftime I thought he would sit back and play on the counter, but fair play to him he didn't do that and kept going. That will win the crowd over for sure!

If we play like this, then even if we lose some games, fans will be much happier. Much better seeing the directness over sidways football TM.

• Like 2