Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Because he was backed in the transfer market which he spoke about 18 months ago, admit he was right

Right about what? I didn't say we didn't need signings did I? Gave him credit for today? But you want to ignore the mistakes he's made and think that 2 wins absolves him of that? Good for you.

• Like 3

Just now, Matt said:

Without doubt he was right in saying we needed new players, without doubt he was right in saying we needed a rebuild - That rebuild included him as far as i'm concerned.

I've mentioned in the past how I don't subscribe to rebuilds, you should never really need a rebuild, you replace and evolve, needing a rebuild suggests something's gone wrong, usually under previous management, there was nothing wrong with this team when Rodgers walked in, he and his team he demanded came in with him, had more than their fair share in signing some absolute shite, hardly improving the squad let alone the starting 11, I can see why the club didn't want to give him any money or signings in the summer, however, in the summer the club should either have backed him or sacked him, I was clear about that.

It seems to club have now got a stranglehold back of the transfers and recruitment, no doubt he has input, a say of some sort but Faes in the summer and the 3 January signings seem more suited to our model and a better fit.

I still feel like I'm watching over my shoulder for his way to return, we've been here way to many times before seeing short sharp spells of this exciting, attacking football, only to return to his way, so it remains to be seen.

We need a sustained run of it for me to be comfortable, but long may it continue and long may we enjoy it.

Perhaps it is just the wording you quibble with - now we have replaced and can evolve, one hopes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Perhaps it is just the wording you quibble with - now we have replaced and can evolve, one hopes.

Perhaps it is but I would say a rebuild is on the horizon when you look at the amount of players we're going to lose due to running contracts down.

That is on the clubs watch, I think they took their eye of the ball, they were so good up until the last few years on that front, however, it does come back to Rodgers and his team, having so much perceived power and not replacing and evolving to leave us in the situation we could find ourselves in.

Not wanting to go too deep into this because I feel it's for another day, let's enjoy today.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Perhaps it is but I would say a rebuild is on the horizon when you look at the amount of players we're going to lose due to running contracts down.

That is on the clubs watch, I think they took their eye of the ball, they were so good up until the last few years on that front, however, it does come back to Rodgers and his team, having so much perceived power and not replacing and evolving to leave us in the situation we could find ourselves in.

Not wanting to go too deep into this because I feel it's for another day, let's enjoy today.

Indeed. One can only speculate about Rodgers and the power he had - you may or may not be right.

17 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Right about what? I didn't say we didn't need signings did I? Gave him credit for today? But you want to ignore the mistakes he's made and think that 2 wins absolves him of that? Good for you.

It ain’t a competition where the best fan wins.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

It ain’t a competition where the best fan wins.

No it isn't... So no idea why you're suggesting that it is? I'm simply stating that somebody coming on here telling everyone to eat humble pie after a couple of wins, whilst we're still not out of a relegation scrap, hardly seems justified, does it? 

Fantastic to see us absolutely batter the Spuds today and long may it continue even if it means putting up with the holier than thou attitude from some posters on here...

• Like 3

Give him some credit when we are no longer in a relegation battle… not while we are still in one. 

We are so streaky, so one defeat and we could end up losing 5 on the bounce again.

Need to win about another 5 I reckon, with a couple of draws thrown in 

I credit both him and the board to be fair. I've given both pelters on here but the loan agaisnt the February Fofana instalment was obviously massive to us. Fair play to Brendan putting his case across amicably and the board for listening. We obviously has a club where the respect between the internal parties is thriving.

41 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

No it isn't... So no idea why you're suggesting that it is? I'm simply stating that somebody coming on here telling everyone to eat humble pie after a couple of wins, whilst we're still not out of a relegation scrap, hardly seems justified, does it? 

Fantastic to see us absolutely batter the Spuds today and long may it continue even if it means putting up with the holier than thou attitude from some posters on here...

Actually top first sentence, but also many fans alround have to comedown a bit,there are always slight misunderstandings on others thoughts through any forum.

I bet he’s not holier than thou, just a different perspective,who was also misunderstood from another perspective

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You are right, today is a good day. The only thing I would say in a minor defence of the club is, wouldn’t Fofana be an evolution (were it not for his tantrum resulting in his forced move to Chelsea)? I know it’s only one instance though.

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Credit to Brendan for the past two performances and credit to the recruitment this season. 4 players seemingly of the quality and attitude we craved.

I have been a Brendan outer since the Forest Cup game last year, but he has been given the refresh he asked for and has delivered so far. So can't knock him at the min. 

Great attitude 

33 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Credit to Brendan for the past two performances and credit to the recruitment this season. 4 players seemingly of the quality and attitude we craved.

I have been a Brendan outer since the Forest Cup game last year, but he has been given the refresh he asked for and has delivered so far. So can't knock him at the min. 

Agree 100% with this. Definitely deserves credit when it is earned which the last two games have been very good. 

Doesn’t undo the last 18 months but it is a start and I think it’s only fair to praise when it is deserved as well as the other way. 

• Like 1

We needed a couple new players, he was right. Another good performance with them additions, who knew :rolleyes:

Keep it up Brendan. 

Sunday is gonna be hard at Old Trafford, would easily take a draw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Neither do I think a poor period covering partially 14-18 months, with COVID & injuries ,stamp and seal perceived failures… We have what we have,and are where we are…If Brendan re-lifts this club,then rebuilds the squads ambitions fair dues.

I have no lingering bad taste,or aftermath of collective thoughts on wanting him gone this season. Due to onfield performances nothing else. No hate or character assisination…Many behind scenes were created from clueless FTers based on pure frustration & social-media Anonymisity-power.

What difficulties he had to ride we are clueless,his rantings ( which he never had..!!)

or Turn of words totally irrelevant, he wasn’t getting his squad performing basta.

If he now becomes the saving angel, brilliant…I have no qualms, to say keep him,

Rodgers in..

i

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

2 wins and it's humble pie lol. Got it spot on the past 2 games so deserves credit for that but that hardly undoes how awful he's been does it? I mean, Iheanacho is absolutely bossing it so by the same token he deserves to criticised for not using him until now.

.. Nacho had already proved how potent he could be, so he was aware of what he could bring to the table!!!

4 hours ago, lanefox said:

To all gammons Nacho fits the system now with a now out and out RW, I repeat Nacho fits the system with an out and out RW

...so why was it not been addressed for 4 years!!!

So long as players can go ahead of Nacho, he is happy, playing him as the player most further up the pitch does not help him, and that had been voiced for a long long time now.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so why was it not been addressed for 4 years!!!

So long as players can go ahead of Nacho, he is happy, playing him as the player most further up the pitch does not help him, and that had been voiced for a long long time now.

In all of Rodgers teams, he's always played with a line leading striker. He doesn't do false nines. That's his philosophy. Danny Graham, Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke, Leigh Griffiths, Moussa Dembele, Odsonne Edouard, Vardy, Daka. Players who can push on the defenders and create their own goals. Iheanacho doesn't fit that profile, and Rodgers doesn't always know how to build a team around that.

For me he talks either a lot of sense, or a lot of drivel. No in-between.

Let's face it, he was right about needing fresh faces and giving everyone an uplift. But let's not also think that was a good enough excuse to get one point out of 24 (think it was) at the start of the season. We should have been capable of getting much more than that, certainly not getting dicked every game. 

He said that Iheanacho would be used once we got two wingers as it suits him better. I get that and he's right. But again let's not use that as a full excuse. I don't recall two wingers in 2021 when he was banging them in and got I'd to an Fa cup final. Rodgers dropping him showed how much he underestimated Iheanacho and that was a huge mistake. I just hope now he has finally woken up permanently. 

I said also at the time what a huge mistake it was not having Mendy named in our PL squad at the start of last season. I hope again Rodgers can see his importance.

But more football like the last two games Brendan and fans will be won back quickly