Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, lanefox said:

Because he needed players around said certain player to utilise his attributes 

...apart from Tete, those players have all been here!!!

He did not know how best to use him,  and should have got more out of the players available to him by changing the system and playing to their strengths. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Matt said:

It seems to club have now got a stranglehold back of the transfers and recruitment, no doubt he has input, a say of some sort but Faes in the summer and the 3 January signings seem more suited to our model and a better fit.

...it does seem that we have taken back control of players coming in, something that Rodgers team was unable to get right!!!

I have said it before, Knudsen   Faes and Glover will cover Rodgers shortfalls.

No wonder Rodgers looks so happy at the moment, got lucky again.

26 minutes ago, Guest454545 said:

In all of Rodgers teams, he's always played with a line leading striker. He doesn't do false nines. That's his philosophy. Danny Graham, Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke, Leigh Griffiths, Moussa Dembele, Odsonne Edouard, Vardy, Daka. Players who can push on the defenders and create their own goals. Iheanacho doesn't fit that profile, and Rodgers doesn't always know how to build a team around that.

.. which shows an inability to adapt, so keep doing the same thing, even though it is not working!!!

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. which shows an inability to adapt, so keep doing the same thing, even though it is not working!!!

Rodgers said before he needed link up players for Kelechi. We now have that and Kelechi has started. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

How about Iheanacho is simply a good player and when given a run of starts he will show his quality? If we had albrighton on that right hand side would he not still assist Maddison's goal? Would he not score the third goal in the same way that he did? I struggle to believe that iheanacho's clear quality would suddenly drop off like that and I dont think many of the people saying that Tete has unlocked him truly believe that either. 

...I  believe that is what a lot of posters have been saying!!!

With Albrighton on the right, why would he not commit to playing Nacho, just switching between Daka and Vardy. Tete is the difference in this situation where he is an attacker foremost and Nacho in a sense plays a false 9. This scenario has been called for a long time ago.

The use of Barnes and Tete to go ahead and Nacho to drop into the hole allows Nacho to be himself.

We had Praet and Albrighton who could have been used, especially Praet who always wants to go ahead of the striker. He was never used him in that way, although that was a big part if what he brings, but we never attempted to use those qualities.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I thought he was buzzing when he came off. Looked full of confidence. His finish was outstanding. He deserves so much credit for his attitude I think. He’s had a rough ride for ages, and kept his chin up. He has a great opportunity to become the main man, and he has earned it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it does seem that we have taken back control of players coming in, something that Rodgers team was unable to get right!!!

I have said it before, Knudsen   Faes and Glover will cover Rodgers shortfalls.

No wonder Rodgers looks so happy at the moment, got lucky again.

Lucky again 😂 come on, most of the Rodgers out posters have been able to come in today and say fair play, credit where credit’s due.

He has the right players, picked the right starting 11 and made decent changes when they were needed.

You can still think he needs to go and give him some credit - there was nothing lucky about today. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Lucky again 😂 come on, most of the Rodgers out posters have been able to come in today and say fair play, credit where credit’s due.

He has the right players, picked the right starting 11 and made decent changes when they were needed.

You can still think he needs to go and give him some credit - there was nothing lucky about today. 

...I  was not referring to the game today, we played well, the most unbelievable thing being Kane not scoring and Son being just as ineffective!!!

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

So how did that mean Brendan got lucky again?

...you obviously failed to understand the original post!!!

The acquisition of Knudsen, Faes and Glover has given him the answer to his blindsides. New players coming, which appear to be the type we previously brought in prior to Rodgers, is just what Rodgers needs, we have been bringing in players who have not moved this team forward. 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you obviously failed to understand the original post!!!

The acquisition of Knudsen, Faes and Glover has given him the answer to his blindsides. New players coming, which appear to be the type we previously brought in prior to Rodgers, is just what Rodgers needs, we have been bringing in players who have not moved this team forward. 

You’re right, I did fail to understand the first post and I don’t understand this one either. Are you saying he got lucky because we bought the players/staff we needed? Because we identified areas of weakness and improved those areas?

How is that getting lucky? 

Or is it that all people that come into the club and do well are getting lucky and all who do poorly are completely Rodgers fault? 
You can’t have it both ways, in his time here we've brought in some fantastic players who have genuinely made us a better team - Fofana, Justin, Faes, (Tete, Souttar and Kristiansen it’s only been 2 games but they look like they’ll prove to be brilliant signings). We’ve brought in some crap - Vestergaard and Bertrand and we’ve brought in some decent squad players who have done okay or the jury is still out on - Soumare, Daka, etc.

All managers have a mixed bag, look at Ferguson’s, Klopp, Peps etc, transfers some work out some don’t. 
You can’t though claim good people coming in to improve the team, including recruitment and coaching staff is lucky and people who don’t work out is all the fault of one person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  was not referring to the game today, we played well, the most unbelievable thing being Kane not scoring and Son being just as ineffective!!!

We handled them exactly how you should - which is by playing on the front foot and stopping them being able to actually attack at all. They had nothing to work with today.

We were better in every department from 1-90.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We handled them exactly how you should - which is by playing on the front foot and stopping them being able to actually attack at all. They had nothing to work with today.

We were better in every department from 1-90.

According to the tactical genius on the forum we had to sit deep and hope that spur suffered a chance

Madness that you're actually allowed to attack teams and try and score goals. The defensive attitude  is so weird to me

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You’re right, I did fail to understand the first post and I don’t understand this one either. Are you saying he got lucky because we bought the players/staff we needed? Because we identified areas of weakness and improved those areas?

Or is it that all people that come into the club and do well are getting lucky and all who do poorly are completely Rodgers fault? 
You can’t have it both ways, in his time here we've brought in some fantastic players who have genuinely made us a better team - Fofana, Justin, Faes, (Tete, Souttar and Kristiansen it’s only been 2 games but they look like they’ll prove to be brilliant signings). We’ve brought in some crap - Vestergaard and Bertrand and we’ve brought in some decent squad players who have done okay or the jury is still out on - Soumare, Daka, etc.

All managers have a mixed bag, look at Ferguson’s, Klopp, Peps etc, transfers some work out some don’t. 
You can’t though claim good people coming in to improve the team, including recruitment and coaching staff is lucky and people who don’t work out is all the fault of one person.

I think his point was more than Rodgers preference for one example, recruitment, was to have Congerton, Congerton brought in the likes of Bertrand and Vestergard. The club subsequently have brought Glover who in the same positions has brought Faes, Souttar and Kristiansen. 

Kind of like a saved from himself thing I’d guess? 

I am not inclined to be at all negative about Rodgers after the past couple of games so that is just my interpretation of what the poster was getting at when talking about him being lucky. 

He seems to have his chin up and when he does, no doubt we look great to watch.

I will continue to be nervous as he really has shown a tendency to go into spiral and self preservation when things aren’t going well so it’s a worry about that reoccurring but at the end of the day, we just need to get to 40 points and we are 6 points closer than last week!

• Thanks 1

We've seen it before but he really is a confidence manager. Tends to do well for spells and then has a tricky spell.

Tactically he's always been good, but in recent months think we lacked energy which the new signings have helped to bring. We looked ten times fresher and played with a better intensity against Spurs then anyone this season. Could have easily been six or seven. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

We've seen it before but he really is a confidence manager. Tends to do well for spells and then has a tricky spell.

Tactically he's always been good, but in recent months think we lacked energy which the new signings have helped to bring. We looked ten times fresher and played with a better intensity against Spurs then anyone this season. Could have easily been six or seven. 

We finish top half and win the FA cup I think I would forgive him for his past transgressions, you’re right though signing these players has given everyone a lift. We have good players here, and we should be mid table and above.

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

...Rodgers has a history of falling off a cliff after a couple of seasons, that comes down to  recruitment as well as his influence on his squad!!!

Even with the aforementioned players we were playing poorly.

What I said, and will repeat is that the areas that has him floundering and playing insipid football, became plugged by Knudsen etc.

Apparently we did not have a set piece problem according to Rodgers, yet the club brought one in, we no longer look vulnerable at corners, we needed some form of leadership in defence and got that through Faes. Glover appears to now cover and bring in players that suits us,  at fantastic prices. Before  it was I am talking to potential players, no player comes into the club without my approval, now it is "the club....." when he gives his interviews. That sounds very much as if he has been taken out of the process.

The new acquisition looks great, we will just have to see what they will make of  playing under  Rodgers.

This season has really shown the very worst and the very best of Rodgers. When he is down and demotivated we look like an unorganised rabble and our results and performances have quite often stank like the aftermath of an all-dayer on the beer followed by a curry and a kebab, you know that kind of 💩 

Yet when he is fully engaged and motivated we have shown we can still be one of the most exciting and attractive teams in the country. 

I really hope after the success of the January transfer window, that this is the last we will have seen of the woe is me behaviour and Brendan has now got his mojo back and we go back to being one of the most exciting teams to watch…… just watch him get poached in the summer just as we look to be kicking on again 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Far more like it. He's found the blueprint. The way we've set up in the last two games is a way I'd be more sympathetic even if we did end up losing. Lets hope he keeps it that way and keeps playing our best striker.

Exactly 

And once again it’s far too soon to talk about him successfully having ‘turned it around’

I’ll say exactly what I said at the start of the last false dawn before the WC break halted anything further. ‘It’s a good start. Keep it going’