Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

I would say there is a difference now in terms of the new blood into the team.

However, I agree with this point and it’s one that you should be able to make without the inevitable pile on that you’ll get.

The last two games have been great and the feeling is so much more positive. It it only 2 games though so you can be happy and positive with it whilst still being cautious particularly given past times.

People are entitled to their own views whether they have always been Rodgers in or out or the fickle lot who flip between. I’m not liking the smugness from some about ‘Told you doubters he’d turn it around’.

We all want the best for the club, the last two games have been that in terms of in isolation. But, those who are or have been wanting Rodgers out are fair enough in that view as we have been awful for a good 18 months. 

Exactly 

If people are expecting the Rodgers Out brigade to suddenly change their mind, on the back of two (very very good) wins then they’ve failed to see the bigger picture of the last 18 months.

Personally I despise Rodgers. Always will. However, my biggest issue with him the last 18 months was his style of football and complete unwillingness to have a go. I was pleasantly surprised of the line up yesterday, despite calling for an attacking line up all week. 

I don’t particularly care if we lose, providing we lose whilst having a go. That’s all anyones really asking for. 

• Like 4

Rodgers should have gone earlier in the season but he didn't. 

If he turns it around, I will be fully behind him.  If we get to 50 points this season, he will have achieved a good second half to the season.  At the start of the season, in view where we had risen to, I thought we should be targeting 60 points.

He gets a lot of hate on this forum despite being a Leicester legend.  

People are entitled to their opinions but history will show he has been one of our most successful managers.   I understand people wanting him gone; I don't understand the lack of respect for him given his achievements. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, majaco said:

Rodgers should have gone earlier in the season but he didn't. 

If he turns it around, I will be fully behind him.  If we get to 50 points this season, he will have achieved a good second half to the season.  At the start of the season, in view where we had risen to, I thought we should be targeting 60 points.

He gets a lot of hate on this forum despite being a Leicester legend.  

People are entitled to their opinions but history will show he has been one of our most successful managers.   I understand people wanting him gone; I don't understand the lack of respect for him given his achievement.

Edited the last part. His only real achievement was the FA Cup. 

Ultimately we all want to see us be successful and competitive. We'll all have different ideas about how that should happen but so long as we're keeping our head above water it doesn't need discussing for now. 

The 'I told you so' comments after a couple of wins are ridiculous but fully expected

No.

Two fifth placed finishes and a European semi.

Your editing is silly.

I agree.

I am no fan of Rodgers, he seemed too keen to throw the club under the bus when things got tough.

But he is, objectively, one of our most successful coaches. An FA Cup, TWO 5th place finishes and a European finish. Incredible.  People acting like it is a failure if we don't thrive in the Europa League are not being fair. Before Brendan, we barely played in Europe!

If he galvanises the team and we have a successful second half of the season, then Top's unpopular gamble paid off. 

I should say; I don't like Brendan. I wish he was sacked earlier in the season. But he wasnt and I wish him and the team all the best. And I wont downplay his achievement just cause he's a gremlin.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

No.

Two fifth placed finishes and a European semi.

Your editing is silly.

Was the European Semi a champions league, or a new competition that we got put in because we got knocked out of a poor group? Don’t get me wrong I am happy to play in the Europa Conference League, but in the same vain you’ve claimed this person’s editing is silly, surely yours is a bit too. I agree with you that 5th places were an achievement to an extent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Was the European Semi a champions league, or a new competition that we got put in because we got knocked out of a poor group? Don’t get me wrong I am happy to play in the Europa Conference League, but in the same vain you’ve claimed this person’s editing is silly, surely yours is a bit too. I agree with you that 5th places were an achievement to an extent.

I know our performance was poor in the Europa League, but man, I love the Conference. It's a good tournament! I'd love to play in it again next season

• Like 1

Just now, Tanya said:

I know our performance was poor in the Europa League, but man, I love the Conference. It's a good tournament! I'd love to play in it again next season

So would I, good quality when you get to the Quarter finals. I just think how we got there wasn’t necessarily an achievement, because of how poor we were prior!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m not going to get into a debate over this. You can have the 5th places finished if you’re scraping the barrel, but there’s not a cat in hells chance you’re having the European Semi. The one we got to because we couldn’t beat Legia Warsaw, and threw a 2 goal lead at home to Napoli. And we did absolutely naff all in that much coveted semi final anyway, other than pass it sideways. 

In fact, you are debating.

And winning the FA Cup is quite significant.

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The Rodgers hate is daft.

Having supported Leicester for over 50 years, I think that even getting into European competition is an achievement.   Rodgers has done this twice.    A semi-final is a big achievement.  Only four teams across Europe get to the semi-final of each competition.    

I would rather we won the Champions League...   But we won the FA Cup under Rodgers management.   

As previously said, Rodgers is a legendary Leicester manager.  His achievements are already club history.    When he moves on, I think many, including myself will.have great respect for his achievements.

• Like 1

Having supported Leicester for over 50 years, I think that even getting into European competition is an achievement.   Rodgers has done this twice.    A semi-final is a big achievement.  Only four teams across Europe get to the semi-final of each competition.    

I would rather we won the Champions League...   But we won the FA Cup under Rodgers management.   

As previously said, Rodgers is a legendary Leicester manager.  His achievements are already club history.    When he moves on, I think many, including myself will.have great respect for his achievements.

Brendan Rodgers is not a legendary manager for Leicester. That's putting him in the same category as Ranieri. Absolutely not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, majaco said:

I’m not disputing a lot of what you’re saying. The FA Cup ranks higher than the league for me, because like yourself probably, you never dreamed of winning the first division/premier league, but felt there was maybe a possibility of the FA Cup.

Anyway, I am just saying that I believe saying the words European Semi Final are misleading, because for that season it was not an achievement and accusing someone of selective editing and saying that is slightly hypocritical. 
Nonetheless, I don’t think the Brendan Rodgers hate(not personal it’s football) is/was daft. Even with what you’ve listed as his achievements, surely the last 18 months in many circumstances would have seen a change in manager. I wanted him gone after Forest last season, I still stand by that being a correct decision at the time, and for the last 18 months. I think he’ll turn it round now, but I still wouldn’t mind him going at the end of the season because I think the relationship is done. I hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I’m not disputing a lot of what you’re saying. The FA Cup ranks higher than the league for me, because like yourself probably, you never dreamed of winning the first division/premier league, but felt there was maybe a possibility of the FA Cup.

Anyway, I am just saying that I believe saying the words European Semi Final are misleading, because for that season it was not an achievement and accusing someone of selective editing and saying that is slightly hypocritical. 
Nonetheless, I don’t think the Brendan Rodgers hate(not personal it’s football) is/was daft. Even with what you’ve listed as his achievements, surely the last 18 months in many circumstances would have seen a change in manager. I wanted him gone after Forest last season, I still stand by that being a correct decision at the time, and for the last 18 months. I think he’ll turn it round now, but I still wouldn’t mind him going at the end of the season because I think the relationship is done. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think he should have gone after our poor start to the season. 

But if we finish this season strongly, there is an argument he should stay.

It may be that a manager can be at a club too long and that a freshen up is needed.   This seems to apply to Rodgers   I would also say that Liverpool might benefit from a change.

I do think the hate is daft.   A lot of the vitriol I find shallow and a little bit disturbing.

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Brendan Rodgers is not a legendary manager for Leicester. That's putting him in the same category as Ranieri. Absolutely not.

Rodgers is behind Ranieri but he has long surpassed the usual names of O'Neil,  Pearson etc.