Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nope I never said that. Poor play is down to the players. Poor technique, lack of thinking or wrong decisions , its entirely down to them . Perfectly illustrated by Tottenham's defending. Players are human and not remote controlled robots. Real football is nothing like computer games.

Fair enough. Rodgers gets alot of stick on here when things go wrong (often for things like the Ward/Castagne incident) yet the players get the plaudits when things go well.

He was tactically spot on yesterday dropping the wingers deeper, exploiting their weaker right hand side and triggering a press in the perfect areas.

I'm far from his biggest fan and have wanted him out, but the last 2 games have been great from a tactical sense. Has he changed his ways? Who knows. Time will tell if we revert to Brendan ball 

1 hour ago, BigGibbo said:

True, but he was the right man at the right time that ultimately delivered the greatest sporting event in history beyond our wildest dreams so, whilst over a 5 season stretch O'Neil likely outperforms him, that one season is worth more than everything else combined, pretty much.

Yes just one of those life’s quandaries..

“perfect storm” does seem to fit.

And quite cleverly, Ranieri was no man’s fool.

He just vermasselt his 2nd season,parallel to poor  recruitment management team.

Where he wouldn’t have had too much say..

• Like 1

Don’t think it’s a simple as just comparing the managers.

Rodgers could never have done what Pearson did twice or pulled off what Pearson did in the great escape season. Pearson built the club up from the bottom and Rodgers doesn’t have that ability.

Pearson would not have likely got us to the level of finishing 5th or winning the FA Cup. He struggled with the pressure in the great escape season and didn’t have the media backing to let him just do his job. 

Both were the right guy at the right time, as was Ranieri. I will personally always value Pearson more as I like a ‘builder’ of a manager. Others don’t value the importance of that and prefer the guy who comes in and benefits from that. 

I was too young to remember MON but from what I know, he was probably the closest to being the best of both. 

• Like 3

The level of personal vendettas and hate for Rodgers on here are worrying from a group of people who've never met him.

Yeah, ok, have a problem with tactics or something he said in the moment but, let it go and enjoy Leicester City doing well without the caveat of 'but I can't stand the man' - you don't know him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I am a nice guy...I wouldn't kick a cat that's cruel...just pray away my friend if it

makes you feel better.  

Still Rodgers out regardless of what you or anyone else says ..

No, I just don’t want to cut off my nose to spite my face ( scare the gran-kids).

only thing that counts…he has to always deliver…

He has a season like this again,and again pathetic performances, your my cheerleader..

He creates a magic era…Well..

2 hours ago, majaco said:

(...)

People are entitled to their opinions but history will show he has been one of our most successful managers.   I understand people wanting him gone; I don't understand the lack of respect for him given his achievements. 

"The next thing that infuriated fans is how Rodgers has conducted himself in front of the media. His tones regarding overachieving have agitated the Foxes. His disregarding nature with avoiding taking responsibility for his failures have been a reoccurring theme of this season. Often he has thrown the team under the bus but never has accepted the challenge of improving them. His signings in Jannik Vestergaard and Ryan Bertrand have left the side to operate on a shoestring budget."

(Above that's only a short quote from this article by one of the fans (not me!)which I believe sums up what most of the BR out brigade including me, feel

https://foxesofleicester.com/2022/02/08/brendan-rodgers-sacking-leicester-city/amp/2/ )

The vitriol / hate was, IMO, never because of his perceived lack of achievements. It was first and foremost because of his stubborn, childish, immature habit of shedding the responsibility for the atrocious, eye gouging, depressing, negative way of football Leicester have been playing for close to 2 seasons (the consensus on here seems to be 18 months, for me it feels longer but that's fair enough). One can appreciate the FA cup win as an achievement and at the same time have a strong dislike for the man who was chatting bs to the press about "overachieving" and blaming the "inexperienced" players (when all except 2-3 players like KDH in the starting eleven were PL regulars and/or internationals) for his own shortcomings.

When people call the 5th place an achievement, I call their memory short and  flawed. In 2019/20 Leicester were sitting in top 4 for 34 out of 38 matchdays!

Next season was even "better"... Sitting in the top four (mostly top 3) for thirty six (!) weeks and he let it slip in the penultimate game - yet again. We can laugh about that now, but let's call spade a spade: that's a big UNDERachievement two times in a row.

I wouldn't mind it if he conducted himself in a responsible, mature way, and admit the responsibility for coming short or making mistake, say once in a blue moon. Or just say nothing to the press. Or call them ostriches, whatever. Instead, his chosen go-to routine when things arent working out is playing the innocent guy and blaming everyone else around.

Two good games doesn't make two seasons of atrocious negative football go away, just like that.

Ultimately though, his job is based on merit and as long as the results go our way and we continue to play highly entertaining, positive kind of football like against Spurs, nobody, or at least very few people here or in the stands will be shouting "Rodgers out". It's football you're only as good as your last few games. We're an in form team at the moment but the season is still far from over and it's too early to say Rodgers has turned things around. Safety first... That said, his(?) January signings seem to be phenomenal. That's normally a panic buy period of the season. Thanks to this new blood and the players he's up until now neglected, BR seems to be (finally!!!) on the right path to pull us from the deep shit he had put us in... 

For me he's still a dislikeable weasel, but for now, I'm very happy that what he's doing FINALLY seems to have clicked, so as long as we keep on winning/drawing and minding that gap between here and the bottom, I'm Rodgers in. Time to look at the bigger picture and judge his over/underachievement fully will as always come at the end of the season.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

No, I just don’t want to cut off my nose to spite my face ( scare the gran-kids).

only thing that counts…he has to always deliver…

He has a season like this again,and again pathetic performances, your my cheerleader..

He creates a magic era…Well..

If he does the above then he's finally doing the job he's paid handsomely for.

It's only taken him 20 Mths to hopefully get his @rse in gear...I just think at some point he will revert back to Brenden of old again 

Pls see the post directly above as well.

Edited by Guppys Love Child

5 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

When people call the 5th place an achievement, I call their memory short and  flawed. In 2019/20 Leicester were sitting in top 4 for 34 out of 38 matchdays!

Next season was even "better"... Sitting in the top four (mostly top 3) for thirty six (!) weeks and he let it slip in the penultimate game - yet again. We can laugh about that now, but let's call spade a spade: that's a big UNDERachievement two times in a row.

It's only an underachievement if you think we should have got top 4 at the start of the season.

5th for Leicester, twice in a row, is pretty damn good going. Considering the clubs we're up against and what they spend.

Granted, in the circumstances it arose and how we ended up in 5th is bitterly unfortunate. It's not an underachievement for Leicester to finish 5th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shame it wasn’t only ever a tactical thing. If he was using poor tactics and changed them, fine. Some of the things he’s said about our club, fans and players when the going got tough will never be fixed. Just not my manager. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Don’t think it’s a simple as just comparing the managers.

Rodgers could never have done what Pearson did twice or pulled off what Pearson did in the great escape season. Pearson built the club up from the bottom and Rodgers doesn’t have that ability.

Pearson would not have likely got us to the level of finishing 5th or winning the FA Cup. He struggled with the pressure in the great escape season and didn’t have the media backing to let him just do his job. 

Both were the right guy at the right time, as was Ranieri. I will personally always value Pearson more as I like a ‘builder’ of a manager. Others don’t value the importance of that and prefer the guy who comes in and benefits from that. 

I was too young to remember MON but from what I know, he was probably the closest to being the best of both. 

Errs, Swansea ,at a different level,but Rodgers started his CV on good ground.

But for me it shows also what Pearson did in his 2 tenures,and he created something top clubs were envious of,and should never be underrated ,demeaned or forgotten..MON ( who I also loved) didn’t go half as far, and left us for Celtic, because of the Irish connections…

Leicester was the platform/project Pearson could throw his all into,a quite unique situation,with decent owner backing.And he was damn successfull, an Huth away from missing out.

Also His son has a lot to answer for..:mad:

Though to be fair Pearson later ( this last year) said himself he wonders 

“ would he have won the title”

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's only an underachievement if you think we should have got top 4 at the start of the season.

5th for Leicester, twice in a row, is pretty damn good going. Considering the clubs we're up against and what they spend.

Granted, in the circumstances it arose and how we ended up in 5th is bitterly unfortunate. It's not an underachievement for Leicester to finish 5th.

I agree. It's like drawing a game after conceding a stoppage time equaliser but ultimately a good result (even if it didn't feel like it at the time). Had we been in 8th or 9th and finished 5th then it would've been some achievement. It was disappointing to slip out of the top 4 but at the start of the season most would probably have snatched your hand off for a 5th place finish. 

32 minutes ago, KFS said:

Shame it wasn’t only ever a tactical thing. If he was using poor tactics and changed them, fine. Some of the things he’s said about our club, fans and players when the going got tough will never be fixed. Just not my manager

Bingo ! and that's my (recent) point exactly..

And the reason I said we could go unbeaten until the end of the season, but. I'd still want shot of him

But all I get called is a sad / poor ittle boy (cant actually remember) , or told I'm ,miserable, or shallow.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Bkngo ! and that's my (recent) point exactly..

And the reason I said we could go unbeaten until the end of the season, but. I'd still want shot of him

But all I get called is a sad / poor ittle boy (cant actually remember) , or told I'm ,miserable, or shallow.

You poor, miserable,  shallow, sad little boy.

Edited by filthyfox

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

Shame it wasn’t only ever a tactical thing. If he was using poor tactics and changed them, fine. Some of the things he’s said about our club, fans and players when the going got tough will never be fixed. Just not my manager. 

What did he say exactly?

16 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

"The next thing that infuriated fans is how Rodgers has conducted himself in front of the media. His tones regarding overachieving have agitated the Foxes. His disregarding nature with avoiding taking responsibility for his failures have been a reoccurring theme of this season. Often he has thrown the team under the bus but never has accepted the challenge of improving them. His signings in Jannik Vestergaard and Ryan Bertrand have left the side to operate on a shoestring budget."

(Above that's only a short quote from this article by one of the fans (not me!)which I believe sums up what most of the BR out brigade including me, feel

https://foxesofleicester.com/2022/02/08/brendan-rodgers-sacking-leicester-city/amp/2/ )

The vitriol / hate was, IMO, never because of his perceived lack of achievements. It was first and foremost because of his stubborn, childish, immature habit of shedding the responsibility for the atrocious, eye gouging, depressing, negative way of football Leicester have been playing for close to 2 seasons (the consensus on here seems to be 18 months, for me it feels longer but that's fair enough). One can appreciate the FA cup win as an achievement and at the same time have a strong dislike for the man who was chatting bs to the press about "overachieving" and blaming the "inexperienced" players (when all except 2-3 players like KDH in the starting eleven were PL regulars and/or internationals) for his own shortcomings.

I wouldn't mind it if he conducted himself in a responsible, mature way, and admit the responsibility for coming short or making mistake, say once in a blue moon. Or just say nothing to the press. Or call them ostriches, whatever. Instead, his chosen go-to routine when things arent working out is playing the innocent guy and blaming everyone else around.

Two good games doesn't make two seasons of atrocious negative football go away, just like that.

Ultimately though, his job is based on merit and as long as the results go our way and we continue to play highly entertaining, positive kind of football like against Spurs, nobody, or at least very few people here or in the stands will be shouting "Rodgers out". It's football you're only as good as your last few games. We're an in form team at the moment but the season is still far from over and it's too early to say Rodgers has turned things around. Safety first... That said, his(?) January signings seem to be phenomenal. That's normally a panic buy period of the season. Thanks to this new blood and the players he's up until now neglected, BR seems to be (finally!!!) on the right path to pull us from the deep shit he had put us in... 

For me he's still a dislikeable weasel, but for now, I'm very happy that what he's doing FINALLY seems to have clicked, so as long as we keep on winning/drawing and minding that gap between here and the bottom, I'm Rodgers in. Time to look at the bigger picture and judge his over/underachievement fully will as always come at the end of the season.

But that whole rhetoric is just not true…

He said enough times, he is responsible, to get the team performing. Despite form or these unusual amount of injuries And he didnt throw anybody under the bus,more than any other manager would,part of a managers team politics, He is not responsible for recruitment so all falsehoods.

He couldn’t get the team to tick & poor performances all fair critic…

but some fans pathetic agendas has taken root,but it’s wrong,wrong & wrong again..

This weasel rhetoric is an immature side from some fans…and shouts out frustrated immaturity.

as far as criticising the club,quietly or loud and clear why shouldn’t he…He wasn’t getting the team investment backing…So another faux passe from some immature  or agenda seeking fans..

Get rid for footballing terms, not toxic waste statements from social media fan basis..

Now he is turning it…Gud on him, he’s denied the naysayers including me..

He turns this fully around …where are then his critics standing…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1