Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Don’t like the bloke. I feel he’s a snake oil salesman. Pretty sure he isn’t the man for us long term - no idea who is just to be clear. However, we’re doing well currently and as long as we compete and look vaguely competent I will row back on needing to sack him immediately. Not that my opinion or feelings count for anything. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t like the bloke. I feel he’s a snake oil salesman. Pretty sure he isn’t the man for us long term - no idea who is just to be clear. However, we’re doing well currently and as long as we compete and look vaguely competent I will row back on needing to sack him immediately. Not that my opinion or feelings count for anything. 

None of ours do unless Top is a secret poster,  but why should that matter I guess. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Our wage bill has been comparable/equal to some of theirs since he joined. 

Even though that is the case, amongst the previously mentioned disrespects equating to publicly saying the club isn't matching his ambition, he has also suggested we as fans expect too much when all we expect is continued improvement/return on investment.

Our wage bill is high yes, but our nett spend is nothing like theirs. In fact our high wage bill is exactly the reason we can’t compete as it’s far too high as a percentage of our turnover compared to theirs. There has to be a reset and that’s come this season with the absence of signings in the summer and our inability to offer contracts to retain our best players. 

We’ve finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup in the last few seasons. If we expect continued improvement on that then we really do have unrealistic expectations. As stated above in terms of “return on investment”. Our levels of investment in terms of player wages isn’t sustainable.

I’ve thought for a while that moving away from BR might be the natural progression for this club after his few years in charge. I also think that some fans let their dislike of Brendan cloud their judgement a little. Competing in the top six (even top seven post Newcastle buy-out) will remain the exception whoever is in charge 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Our wage bill is high yes, but our nett spend is nothing like theirs. In fact our high wage bill is exactly the reason we can’t compete as it’s far too high as a percentage of our turnover compared to theirs. There has to be a reset and that’s come this season with the absence of signings in the summer and our inability to offer contracts to retain our best players. 

We’ve finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup in the last few seasons. If we expect continued improvement on that then we really do have unrealistic expectations. As stated above in terms of “return on investment”. Our levels of investment in terms of player wages isn’t sustainable.

I’ve thought for a while that moving away from BR might be the natural progression for this club after his few years in charge. I also think that some fans let their dislike of Brendan cloud their judgement a little. Competing in the top six (even top seven post Newcastle buy-out) will remain the exception whoever is in charge 

I'm not talking linear improvement meaning if we finished 5th twice we should finish 4th next, but at least that we maximise what our players are capable of and we've had a dearth of players of top 6 quality for several years now. The FA Cup has been the outlier achievement over the last couple of years as our football and player improvement had become stagnant otherwise.

It feels like we've wasted the core of a top 6 club these past few years. Now we have Seagrave and still have half a dozen or so players the top 6 clubs would want there is nothing stopping a good manager keeping us nipping at their heels for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

I mean, nipping at the heels of the top 6 is currently 11 points away. 3 more wins - which we've been within touching distance of a few times this season.

considering the absolute car crash of a start we're hardly a million miles off under the fraud snake oil salesman that is Brendan, are we? 

lots of ambitious clubs in the PL - plenty of them refusing to lie down and roll over to let little old Leicester consistently exercise their right to 7th place. 

it's tight. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Is he going to do this before or after he brings peace to the Middle East, cures cancer and reduces fuel bills back to pre-Ukraine levels?

I was fully believing this until the last item in that sentence.

You sir, are delusional.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I have to give him credit. After moaning about the lack of transfer activity prior to the end of the window just gone, he's put his money where his mouth is and put all three new signings straight into the starting line-up and they've all been brilliant. 

Agreed but it was a roll of the dice that any manager under pressure would have done, would they not?

The players they’ve replaced are Thomas, Amartey and a departed Albrighton/Perez (could argue whilst Madders was out).

None of Thomas, Amartey, Perez or 2023 Albrighton make any of our starting 11’s.

47 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Agreed but it was a roll of the dice that any manager under pressure would have done, would they not?

The players they’ve replaced are Thomas, Amartey and a departed Albrighton/Perez (could argue whilst Madders was out).

None of Thomas, Amartey, Perez or 2023 Albrighton make any of our starting 11’s.

Take the new 3 players away,

where is the choice.

The motivation new faces bring..

The quality in skill set upgrade that both he and fans said we needed.

The simple romance & drive of fresh faces..

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I have to give him credit. After moaning about the lack of transfer activity prior to the end of the window just gone, he's put his money where his mouth is and put all three new signings straight into the starting line-up and they've all been brilliant. 

The question is how much of the negativity which seems to have been banished by the new signings was created by Brendan in the first place?  His focus on ensuring he was not seen as taking the team backwards led to him saying lots of negative things about the squad which had done much better for the past 3 seasons.  IMO he also deliberately made some poor selections to try to force the board to back him with signings.  IMO this was the reason we started the season so badly, and probably the reason we started post world cup poorly too.  Now we have some quality signings he is very positive again, and the team performance reflects that as much as the new players and indeed formation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The question is how much of the negativity which seems to have been banished by the new signings was created by Brendan in the first place?  His focus on ensuring he was not seen as taking the team backwards led to him saying lots of negative things about the squad which had done much better for the past 3 seasons.  IMO he also deliberately made some poor selections to try to force the board to back him with signings.  IMO this was the reason we started the season so badly, and probably the reason we started post world cup poorly too.  Now we have some quality signings he is very positive again, and the team performance reflects that as much as the new players and indeed formation.

This is the point that sticks with me. Whether or not people interpret media comments in different ways, it should be clear to anyone with eyes that his demeanour was negative and he was not happy.

Yes he was right about needing signings, yes the last couple of games have been so much better and the performances have been really enjoyable and yes he has done the right thing by getting the new guys in straight away.

But, he should have been doing so much better was what he had before. And that was, for me, down to sulking and negativity.

It clearly hasn’t helped that the squad has been unsettled with players wanting moves, running down contracts etc but this is whether the manager earns his money.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

IMO he also deliberately made some poor selections to try to force the board to back him with signings.  IMO this was the reason we started the season so badly, and probably the reason we started post world cup poorly too.

Stuff like this is why it's so easy to take the piss out of the diehard Brendan Out fundamentalists. Literally making shit up out of anger that their football club, and its manager, are winning games again.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Stuff like this is why it's so easy to take the piss out of the diehard Brendan Out fundamentalists. Literally making shit out of anger that their football club, and its manager, are winning games again.

Whilst I have never said these sort of things myself (just focusing on frustration with the negative mood, demeanour and interviews), I think comments like that are just because some people genuinely struggle to see that the level of incompetence (from the players as well) can be by accident I guess.

I suppose it’s only like the opposite extreme of people that seem convinced we are going to finish in the top 6 this season now we’ve won a couple of games :dunno:. In the piss taking stakes I mean! 

15 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

As a fan I'd be jubilant if that happened..really I would.

But to answer your question - yes   (Sorry..I just can't stand him. The day he isn't associated with our club can't come quick enough for me)

So arguably our most successful manager ever should leave the Club simply because you don't like him as a person?

Depending on form for the remainder of the season I could maybe get to a place where I think him staying is beneficial, a manager change is always a gamble to an extent.

One key thing though is that his role on recruitment is severely diluted. We need a long term recruitment strategy independent of the first team coach.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

So arguably our most successful manager ever should leave the Club simply because you don't like him as a person?

Yep...IMO   

But thats just me... (and possibly a few others) if you disagree then fine.  I don't like what he says, (now, and certainly the past), how he says it, and how he acts. 

If you view him differently, then again thats fine, and you are free to voice your opinion like I have done. 

• Like 1

Brendan in recent two decades, is probably in the top three off managers... 1) Pearson, 2) Claudio and 3) Brendan. Everyone else pretty forgettable.

If you did league table of our managers this would how it be since 2000 onwards, not counting MON as that's more 90's.

1) Nigel Pearson  -  League One Champions, Championship Champions and Premier League Great Escape

2) Claudio Ranieri- Premier League Champions, Champions League football

3) Brendan Rodgers- Fa Cup Winners, Europa League Football

4) Micky Adams- Got us promoted during administration 

5) Claude Puel- Took us from the bottom three in the premier league, to midtable in small space of time.

6) Craig Shakespeare- Kept Leicester up and Champions League Quarter Finalists

7) Sven- Took us from the bottom three of the championship to midtable. 

8) Nigel Worthington- Kept Leicester up in the championship

9) Martin Allen- Difficult to say as he was sacked within in a month, but beating Watford 4-1 was okay I guess.

10) Craig Levein- Dire football, dire signings constantly fighting relegation, highlight knocking Premier League Charlton Athletic and Tottenham in the Fa Cup

11) Rob Kelly- Dire football, fighting relegation

12) Gary Megson- Left within days of joining us

13) Ian Holloway- Sent us to League One, woeful signings and football

14) Peter Taylor- Took us from being top six side to bottom of the premier league in a space of a year.

15) Paulo Sousa- Disaster! from promotion chasing the previous season to rock bottom of the championship within a space three months.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 22:42, honeybradger said:

In general there has been a lot of rubbish said about Iheanacho over the years, such as :"he has to play in a two up front", "only had one purple patch", "he's either a donkey or he's brilliant". 

"We had to wait until we had the right players around him for him to play" for me is yet another incorrect statement that our fans have latched onto as a given fact. I mean he hardly linked up at all with Tete in this game yet somehow him coming in has unlocked him.

How about Iheanacho is simply a good player and when given a run of starts he will show his quality? If we had albrighton on that right hand side would he not still assist Maddison's goal? Would he not score the third goal in the same way that he did? I struggle to believe that iheanacho's clear quality would suddenly drop off like that and I dont think many of the people saying that Tete has unlocked him truly believe that either. 

Yet as always it seems that people read statements online involving iheanacho and believe those more than what they actually see him do regularly on the football pitch which is score and assist goals no matter the circumstances.

I was just repeating was Rodgers said, I don't need to look into would this and would that have happened. But it's fairly obvious he is better when he has support/link up players near him, which is what Rodgers point was.

Kelechi does need a run in the team now, and deserves it, but it's whether he can be consistent too. Long way to go yet.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Brendan in recent two decades, is probably in the top three off managers... 1) Pearson, 2) Claudio and 3) Brendan. Everyone else pretty forgettable.

If you did league table of our managers this would how it be since 2000 onwards, not counting MON as that's more 90's.

1) Nigel Pearson  -  League One Champions, Championship Champions and Premier League Great Escape

2) Claudio Ranieri- Premier League Champions, Champions League football

3) Brendan Rodgers- Fa Cup Winners, Europa League Football

4) Micky Adams- Got us promoted during administration 

5) Claude Puel- Took us from the bottom three in the premier league, to midtable in small space of time.

6) Craig Shakespeare- Kept Leicester up and Champions League Quarter Finalists

7) Sven- Took us from the bottom three of the championship to midtable. 

8) Nigel Worthington- Kept Leicester up in the championship

9) Martin Allen- Difficult to say as he was sacked within in a month, but beating Watford 4-1 was okay I guess.

10) Craig Levein- Dire football, dire signings constantly fighting relegation, highlight knocking Premier League Charlton Athletic and Tottenham in the Fa Cup

11) Rob Kelly- Dire football, fighting relegation

12) Gary Megson- Left within days of joining us

13) Ian Holloway- Sent us to League One, woeful signings and football

14) Peter Taylor- Took us from being top six side to bottom of the premier league in a space of a year.

15) Paulo Sousa- Disaster! from promotion chasing the previous season to rock bottom of the championship within a space three months.

Would put Kelly above Levein. Not in general as a manager but for us. 

• Like 1

Really pleased for Rodgers. He's made some silly decisions at times, but he's proved in his time here that when he has competent players, his teams get the results. A few more signings like Tete, Souttar and Kristiansen in the summer and I can see him getting us back in to the top half again. 

• Like 1

I got a day's ban for reasons both unexplained and without any of my posts being removed. So to not seem rude in not answering a question asked of me, but also wishing to avoid more of this treatment, I will simply say that if we DO win every remaining league match 4-0 this season, I will be taking the highly controversial stance of not calling for BR to be sacked. 

Crazy, I know. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I got a day's ban for reasons both unexplained and without any of my posts being removed. So to not seem rude in not answering a question asked of me, but also wishing to avoid more of this treatment, I will simply say that if we DO win every remaining league match 4-0 this season, I will be taking the highly controversial stance of not calling for BR to be sacked. 

Crazy, I know. 

You’re fast becoming a bit of an FT hooligan Peaky ..  disgraceful !   I’ve now decided not to come and see you playing your big instrument as if I accidentally coughed you might just storm into the crowd and give me a slap.  Brute !! 

• Haha 1