Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Our wage bill is high yes, but our nett spend is nothing like theirs. In fact our high wage bill is exactly the reason we can’t compete as it’s far too high as a percentage of our turnover compared to theirs. There has to be a reset and that’s come this season with the absence of signings in the summer and our inability to offer contracts to retain our best players. 

We’ve finished 5th twice and won the FA Cup in the last few seasons. If we expect continued improvement on that then we really do have unrealistic expectations. As stated above in terms of “return on investment”. Our levels of investment in terms of player wages isn’t sustainable.

I’ve thought for a while that moving away from BR might be the natural progression for this club after his few years in charge. I also think that some fans let their dislike of Brendan cloud their judgement a little. Competing in the top six (even top seven post Newcastle buy-out) will remain the exception whoever is in charge 

There are bound to be issues with FFP especially for us if we hand out 80k a week or so a week to Vesty and 75k a week or so to Bertrand. Then you have Hamza on 50k. 

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

There are bound to be issues with FFP especially for us if we hand out 80k a week or so a week to Vesty and 75k a week or so to Bertrand. Then you have Hamza on 50k. 

The problem is the lack of external investment, not those contracts, although yes, they don’t help.

5 minutes ago, biggs said:

If we played most of the year like the last couple of games, attacking, pressing football, Rodgers would likely not be tarnished the way he is. He's had us playing a rubbish sideways boring football for the majority of the season and understandably fans are pissed. We were going nowhere other than a relegation battle with the possession minded game plan. Now we're seeing a change of tactics and if this continues, it should have a positive effect on the fan base, Time will tell if he drags us back to what we've been accustomed to with his arguably preferred style of sideways play. So credit due for the last couple of games.....I will not be jumping in his corner quite yet.though.

Rodgers I hope doesn’t drag us back to what we have been accustomed to,

or we are that yo-yo club again

and don’t jump in his corner,,, he needs space to think…

If club & owners are backing him,he ain’t going anywhere,so he can choose his own bloody corner…:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Hamza on 50k,that’s ok he was a top fringe player…who actually Played..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

I'm not talking linear improvement meaning if we finished 5th twice we should finish 4th next, but at least that we maximise what our players are capable of and we've had a dearth of players of top 6 quality for several years now. The FA Cup has been the outlier achievement over the last couple of years as our football and player improvement had become stagnant otherwise.

It feels like we've wasted the core of a top 6 club these past few years. Now we have Seagrave and still have half a dozen or so players the top 6 clubs would want there is nothing stopping a good manager keeping us nipping at their heels for the foreseeable future.

I agree with this. Rodgers wasted the unique opportunities we had when we had the core players with quality needed for a top 6 club, although he has this season threw the same players under the bus and claimed they are no where near good enough.

When you look at the FA cup outlier, funnily enough we got there partly because of Nacho, who he did not use in the PL. Rodgers clearly disliked the bloke or playing in a way so that it suited his players in preference for his desire for control in the way that he thought sideways football could offer.

Still not convinced. He has a long way to regain my belief in him after the way he threw everyone under the bus. But I support the team and I will cheer them on regardless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamfox said:

Imagine if your were a business owner or directer in the real world , and actually acted like that.  would be an interesting tribunal " i just don't like the c@nt Your Honour, what he says and how he says it"   of course your entitled to your opinion but it would be remiss not to point out its lacking in reason ,

This is a forum that contains a disturbingly large proportion of members that turned on the best ownership in the history of the club and were braying for them to sell up. Read the thread. Hilarious. Many of the same people that harboured this weird irrational hatred for Ben Chilwell, relentlessly pillorying him on here, doubtless hurled abuse week after week at matches and ended up with Luke Thomas instead. lol

I swear these people deserve nothing more than the likes of a Joy Sapalla/SISU takeover.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree with this. Rodgers wasted the unique opportunities we had when we had the core players with quality needed for a top 6 club, although he has this season threw the same players under the bus and claimed they are no where near good enough.

When you look at the FA cup outlier, funnily enough we got there partly because of Nacho, who he did not use in the PL. Rodgers clearly disliked the bloke or playing in a way so that it suited his players in preference for his desire for control in the way that he thought sideways football could offer.

Still not convinced. He has a long way to regain my belief in him after the way he threw everyone under the bus. But I support the team and I will cheer them on regardless.

And just like that, it’s yesterday again….  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, biggs said:

If we played most of the year like the last couple of games, attacking, pressing football, Rodgers would likely not be tarnished the way he is. He's had us playing a rubbish sideways boring football for the majority of the season and understandably fans are pissed. We were going nowhere other than a relegation battle with the possession minded game plan. Now we're seeing a change of tactics and if this continues, it should have a positive effect on the fan base, Time will tell if he drags us back to what we've been accustomed to with his arguably preferred style of sideways play. So credit due for the last couple of games.....I will not be jumping in his corner quite yet.though.

Spot on. Rodgers could and should have done more this season. Yes, the new signings are good and much needed but we still had enough good players in this squad to be playing better before.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, biggs said:

My friend…what’s gone has gone…embrace the new day,the new Rodger,s kaleidoscope of swift fast devastating football,with some great techies…

yesterday as gone..football is about the next match,why brew on those horrible moments,or do you like playing that miserable fker left on the pavement when the

Leicester bus drives onto glory…

So many Blakey’s still hovering around the cobwebbed corners & corridors,of that

sideway,backwards dance club

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggs said:

I agree. Tete for example was flamboyant and running at players in his first match. Didn't stand out against Spurs and had a more cautious backwards sideways approach, has he been 'got at' so early on in his Leicester career? 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree. Tete for example was flamboyant and running at players in his first match. Didn't stand out against Spurs and had a more cautious backwards sideways approach, has he been 'got at' so early on in his Leicester career? 😂

I very much doubt it.

• Like 3

Love it when people try to justify the upturn in form after months of saying he's completely useless and a laughing stock by making out Rodgers has some how fundamentally changed his approach to management and tactics overnight after 20 odd years in coaching. 

Maybe just maybe he's not quite as bad as your negative circle jerk led yourselfs to believe? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Love it when people try to justify the upturn in form after months of saying he's completely useless and a laughing stock by making out Rodgers has some how fundamentally changed his approach to management and tactics overnight after 20 odd years in coaching. 

Maybe just maybe he's not quite as bad as your negative circle jerk led yourselfs to believe? 

bUt HeS ChANgEd HiS WaYs!

Derp Spongebob GIF - Derp Spongebob Smartass - Discover ...

when just a few weeks ago he was so stubborn he'd never change his philosophy because of his MASSIVE ego.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Here we go........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

No one is willing to admit that are they!? 🤣🤣🤣

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

I get questions the man's tactics, or selections, or the way he handles pressers sometimes but to HATE the man, to despise him so much that even if we won the league under him you'd still want him gone? why? what did he really do that was SO bad? just seems weird to me. 

This is a really good point. I genuinely think there are quite a few who are just bitter he earns plenty of money.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is a really good point. I genuinely think there are quite a few who are just bitter he earns plenty of money.

Some of the hatred is beyond weird but let’s not go full Martin Cocksure here.