Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The thing to think about is they have to pay an absolute fortune to get him out of his contract AND they've got to make moving up there worth his while. Can they stomach paying those sorts of wages for "just" Brendan Rodgers? 

They might also think "we made a mistake with Maguire, would it be the same with Rodgers too?" :) :fc:

I think he’d be way down their pecking order.

Can see Conte, Zidane, Poch, Ten Haag and possibly Simeone being preferred to BR.

Dont think he’s a “sexy” enough appointment for them and being an ex Liverpool manager wouldn’t help his cause.

I genuinely believe managing Leicester is a better job than managing Utd too. They’re a mess. 

• Like 1

Manchester United's rot runs deep. They are giving Ole more time than they would any other manager because 1) he is a club legend and 2) they have no other ideas.

I can't see Rodgers taking the job for a variety of reasons, including the fact he wouldn't survive the string of losses Ole has. He has a very good gig at Leicester. He's making a ton load of money (I can imagine even more than originally reported, since that FA cup had to be worth ££££); he has the backing of Top and won't have as much interference as he would up north; and the Leicester environment isn't as toxic as ManU's locker room, which has been toxic for years.

I could see him possibly leaving for Chelsea, ManCity, or one of the big Spanish clubs. But not ManU. 

In any event, the start to this year means he has lost some of his golden boy allure, and I doubt the big clubs will come knocking quite yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Manchester United's rot runs deep. They are giving Ole more time than they would any other manager because 1) he is a club legend and 2) they have no other ideas.

I can't see Rodgers taking the job for a variety of reasons, including the fact he wouldn't survive the string of losses Ole has. He has a very good gig at Leicester. He's making a ton load of money (I can imagine even more than originally reported, since that FA cup had to be worth ££££); he has the backing of Top and won't have as much interference as he would up north; and the Leicester environment isn't as toxic as ManU's locker room, which has been toxic for years.

I could see him possibly leaving for Chelsea, ManCity, or one of the big Spanish clubs. But not ManU. 

In any event, the start to this year means he has lost some of his golden boy allure, and I doubt the big clubs will come knocking quite yet.

It really is no different than the Arsenal job, just as messed up, and not even making good noises. Avoid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2021 at 20:26, Jobyfox said:

Of course he’d go. It’s Manchester United - much as I can’t them. 

You don’t generally get an opportunity at big clubs doing well, but only those that are in a mess. Tuchel, Guardiola and Klopp aren’t going anywhere, anytime soon and, if they did, it would probably be because they find themselves in a bit of a mess 

.....wasn't the rumour that he was being lined up for the Man. City role when Pep goes!!!

I’m pretty sure Rodgers to Man City is more or less a done deal - behind the scenes obviously. 

However, Man Utd is Man Utd - can’t think of many who would turn that down in a hurry, despite the mess, and it it a frickin huge mess. I’d imagine even the very best managers would take 18 months to turn that round so it was just heading in the right direction. 

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

.....I think the failure to make the top four in two consecutive seasons would be a bigger drawback that the start to this season!!!

It was Man. United who were watching with interest our slump with a 20 points surplus and his inability to get us over the line the next season would not have helped either.

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m pretty sure Rodgers to Man City is more or less a done deal - behind the scenes obviously. 

However, Man Utd is Man Utd - can’t think of many who would turn that down in a hurry, despite the mess, and it it a frickin huge mess. I’d imagine even the very best managers would take 18 months to turn that round so it was just heading in the right direction. 

...it will not take too much to turn them around....just take a look at their squad!!!

There problem comes from formation and players in their right positions. It looks like a demoralised set of players but you just need someone to step in and back the players and you will see a better team.

The tone is, as if United is in a worse position that Newcastle, that is nowhere near the case and is a much easier fix that I suspect we would like to believe.

Man Utd are a massive club and global brand, but I think they’ve got problems despite what looks like a great squad. 

In a sense BR would be mad to leave us for them. We’ve got a better infrastructure, wealthier owners and a more holistic plan for long term success. It’s quite amazing how far we’ve come. 

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it will not take too much to turn them around....just take a look at their squad!!!

There problem comes from formation and players in their right positions. It looks like a demoralised set of players but you just need someone to step in and back the players and you will see a better team.

The tone is, as if United is in a worse position that Newcastle, that is nowhere near the case and is a much easier fix that I suspect we would like to believe.

Ok Brendan, sounds like you’re just waiting for the call. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This isnt spurs were talking about. Its Man United, very few would genuinely turn them down 

This. And their squad doesn't need too much over a couple of windows. 

Rodgers would love to manage Ronaldo etc... Let's be honest 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Man Utd are a massive club and global brand, but I think they’ve got problems despite what looks like a great squad. 

In a sense BR would be mad to leave us for them. We’ve got a better infrastructure, wealthier owners and a more holistic plan for long term success. It’s quite amazing how far we’ve come. 

Really?