Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I also find it a bit weird that people are on here giving it beans after 2 wins. We are still very much in a relegation scrap and an injury away from an extremely unbalanced starting 11 again. 

If he racks up a few more wins over the next few weeks and pulls us away then there will be reason to gloat but until then it just looks daft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dames said:

I also find it a bit weird that people are on here giving it beans after 2 wins. We are still very much in a relegation scrap and an injury away from an extremely unbalanced starting 11 again. 

If he racks up a few more wins over the next few weeks and pulls us away then there will be reason to gloat but until then it just looks daft. 

I had picked up on this. 

There’s been a year/18 months of evidence of why people want him out but some just seem to take it personally and want to laud it over others every time we win a game.

This month so far has been great and he’s got everything right from starting the new guys, the team set up, approach to the games, subs etc and we have looked back to our 2019 best particularly on Saturday.

We have had bursts of form in the past 18 months and reverted back so that’s where the uncertainty comes from whilst enjoying it. I will say the two differences here are the signings and the manner of that win on Saturday. Even that big win over Wolves for example we had 4 shots on goal and scored them all so we weren’t convincing but Saturday really was.

It does reflect poorly on some though that need to try and be smug as like you say it’s 2 games, hopefully it continues, we all want the best for the team after all. Some though are saying told you so like he’s just won the league/cup double in the past 2 games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

It’s the same after 1 loss, people jump in, it’s just football fans are quite reactionary. Too soon to make definitive judgements yet following the recent upturn.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree. Tete for example was flamboyant and running at players in his first match. Didn't stand out against Spurs and had a more cautious backwards sideways approach, has he been 'got at' so early on in his Leicester career? 😂

And you have great days at the office,every fking day..

Just think what you write...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s the same after 1 loss, people jump in, it’s just football fans are quite reactionary. Too soon to make definitive judgements yet following the recent upturn.

Each game is an event...so celebrate them or dross them...

In a league take each 5-6 game spread,man can think of form..

Take a chunk of a season like ours....:dunno:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Each game is an event...so celebrate them or dross them...

In a league take each 5-6 game spread,man can think of form..

Take a chunk of a season like ours....:dunno:

That was my point, people are too reactive against too small a sample size

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Lazy lazy lazy argument.

Wolves got Lopetegui and Brighton got De Zerbi in exactly the same timeframe as we could have sacked Rodgers. 

Lazy argument or not, it's still a valid question, no? Different fans might have different expectations of who we could convince to come here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

It’s desperation isn’t it.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Agree with this. The wins are great and much needed but the reality is that the manager is not even achieving the bare minimum this season. Circumstances aside he has been underperforming for a very long time now. 

Way too soon. Praise the manner of the wins and how he’s performed for the past two games fair enough but to try and make people out to be stupid for having concerns of the overall form and performance this season is a little too far imo. 

But fans are generally stupid....:banana:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Praise the manner of the wins and how he’s performed for the past two games fair enough but to try and make people out to be stupid for having concerns of the overall form and performance this season is a little too far imo. 

But where people are just fundamentally happy to win, that gets perceived as turning or corner or forgetting about what came before. Even though that may not be the case :dunno:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But where people are just fundamentally happy to win, that gets perceived as turning or corner or forgetting about what came before. Even though that may not be the case :dunno:

We should always celebrate our wins and be buzzing for them I won’t begrudge anyone that. I’m also hopeful were turning a corner but also skeptical because of whats came before. 

What I don’t get is the gloating of some who are making out like all the concerns from before are invalid because of 2 very good wins in what is an extremely poor season so far. 

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I had picked up on this. 

There’s been a year/18 months of evidence of why people want him out but some just seem to take it personally and want to laud it over others every time we win a game.

This month so far has been great and he’s got everything right from starting the new guys, the team set up, approach to the games, subs etc and we have looked back to our 2019 best particularly on Saturday.

We have had bursts of form in the past 18 months and reverted back so that’s where the uncertainty comes from whilst enjoying it. I will say the two differences here are the signings and the manner of that win on Saturday. Even that big win over Wolves for example we had 4 shots on goal and scored them all so we weren’t convincing but Saturday really was.

It does reflect poorly on some though that need to try and be smug as like you say it’s 2 games, hopefully it continues, we all want the best for the team after all. Some though are saying told you so like he’s just won the league/cup double in the past 2 games!

We have been hit in the balls,which takes time to recover..but in football any relief is welcoming, because it's not dwelling on the past pain,but looking forward with optimism,because we have have found a new "box" that seems to give more protection & hope for the future trial n tribulations,and can thumb our nose at past experiences...

Though our eyes did tingle for awhile..

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Nobody is gloating..

Just enjoying the moment,which some naysayers miss out on...

I suppose like always ..perspective,perspective,perspective

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

If he was gone who would you want to come here ? ..  and out of those who would actually want to come here ..  ?????

That is definitely the point .Imagine the unremitting gloom and despondency of an appointment like Gerrard or Lampard ,even a decent manager like Conte has the Spurs fans demanding his sacking . BR gives the impression of being vain and self centred and was certainly disrespectful to the club and owners which he probably regrets but also has some good qualities in my opinion, he doesn’t gob off about referees , is respectful to opponents and has demonstrated an ability to inspire the side to some outstanding results among some of the dross which if the players hated him he wouldn’t achieve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Lazy lazy lazy argument.

Wolves got Lopetegui and Brighton got De Zerbi in exactly the same timeframe as we could have sacked Rodgers. 

So would you want De Zerbi or Looetegui  then ?? ..   and as I’ve said ..  would they want to come here ????    We need to be realistic here ..  yes he’s blotted his copybook but now ..  with just a few additional players  ..  we are soaring again. 

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So would you want De Zerbi or Looetegui  then ?? ..   and as I’ve said ..  would they want to come here ????    We need to be realistic here ..  yes he’s blotted his copybook but now ..  with just a few additional players  ..  we are soaring again. 

That's besides the point, you asked "who is there?" and then I said immediately two good managers who were brought into the league by similar clubs. 

Was Rodgers "available" when we sacked Puel btw? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

We should always celebrate our wins and be buzzing for them I won’t begrudge anyone that. I’m also hopeful were turning a corner but also skeptical because of whats came before. 

What I don’t get is the gloating of some who are making out like all the concerns from before are invalid because of 2 very good wins in what is an extremely poor season so far. 

Just on the turning the corner issue.

Over the course of the the last 15 games our form is top 6.

Sort of indicates we are moving in the right direction.

Screenshot_20230212_141400_Chrome.jpg

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4