Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's besides the point, you asked "who is there?" and then I said immediately two good managers who were brought into the league by similar clubs. 

Was Rodgers "available" when we sacked Puel btw? 

Maybe you’re missing the point ..  I said who would you want ..  and would they come here ..  still waiting .. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Don't think anyone is getting carried away, we're having a 'new player bounce' similar to that old chestnut.. new manger bounce.

I'd sum things up like this

- He's been a total bellend and incredibly disrespectful publically about the club, players and fans this season (other managers haven't got away with this sort of behaviour), which has soured his relationship with the majority on here, me included. There's no coming back from that for me no matter what he does

- He was right (although anyone could see it) that we needed players, but the way he handled it was abysmal

- I'm pleased he appears to have swallowed his pride and started to play Nacho/drop out of form 'favourites'

- We'll all be really happy if we can continue to recover and have a strong top 10 finish, because we're fans of the club not fans of individuals

- I'd still like to see him go at the end of the season no matter what happens, and wouldn't be sad if someone came in and nabbed him if his stock rises again, just think it's a good time for a fresh approach for us!

- Wouldn't be at all shocked if he leaves us having won two FA Cups, which is some achievement in 5 years lol 

Spot on...

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've always had wild swings in form under him, it's nothing new.

The bigger issue is that so often most of them are IMO self inflicted. Then you have his attitude for the last year, purely based around absolving himself of any blame, where as a decent coach would attempt to create a siege mentality against negative press, rather than playing along with it. Then you have the Rennie / injury fiasco, which has gone on too long to be a coincidence. Congerton being installed against better judgement. 

I hope the club have realised they gave him too much power and sway and have started taking it back. Minimise the damage his fitness team have done and get a decent scouting setup back in place. 

If we play positive football, he can stay. But I just fear negative Nelly Rodgers is just lurking around the corner to take the wind from our sails once again. 

100% this.

I think Rodgers is a good coach, but need to stick to that.

The club/DOF needs to control all the other aspects.

I think it's natural for a club to give more power to someone who successful, some times it works other times it doesn't.

Painful lesson for the club, which is going to take time to get right.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Don't think anyone is getting carried away, we're having a 'new player bounce' similar to that old chestnut.. new manger bounce.

- He's been a total bellend and incredibly disrespectful publically about the club, players and fans this season (other managers haven't got away with this sort of behaviour), which has soured his relationship with the majority on here, me included. There's no coming back from that for me no matter what he does

- He was right (although anyone could see it) that we needed players, but the way he handled it was abysmal

- I'm pleased he appears to have swallowed his pride and started to play Nacho/drop out of form 'favourites'

- We'll all be really happy if we can continue to recover and have a strong top 10 finish, because we're fans of the club not fans of individuals

- I'd still like to see him go at the end of the season no matter what happens, and wouldn't be sad if someone came in and nabbed him if his stock rises again, just think it's a good time for a fresh approach for us!

- Wouldn't be at all shocked if he leaves us having won two FA Cups, which is some achievement in 5 years lol 

So if he won the league and Cup double next season  you would feel the same? 

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Maybe you’re missing the point ..  I said who would you want ..  and would they come here ..  still waiting .. 

I'm not missing any points. You think you're being smart by saying that there wouldn't have been anyone available if we sacked BR, and Brighton and Wolves proved you wrong. 

Like I say, was Rodgers available when we sacked Puel? No he was not, we went and got him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's a good manager when things are going well, and a bad manager when things are going poorly. His ego will not allow for him to lay the blame at his own feet.

I think he's tactically adept, and is well suited to playing different formations and styles. It's going to be hard to find a better manager who is willing to go to the tier of club Leicester is. But I understand completely why a large percentage of the supporters (and probably players too 😂) want him gone. 

I think if he were to move in the summer, either for a new gig or because Top had enough of him, I would still reflect positively about his tenure. Besides the obvious FA cup win, I think he provided the club with many good years, high finishes in the league, and honestly, his teams have generally played entertaining football.

Perhaps if we finish well this season, another club will catch his eye and we can bring in a new manager for the summer rebuild/refresh. It may just be the best outcome for all involved.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So if he won the league and Cup double next season  you would feel the same? 

I think i've seperated it out fairly clearly in what I said, he's done too much for me to 'love' him as a manager again, no matter what happens.

But i'm perfectly capable of getting back into enjoying seeing my club play good football and winning games again and not particularly being too bothered about the man in charge.

If he won a league and cup double next season it would be insane and an incredible achievement, and he'd deserve every last bit of praise, i'd give him a fair amount too! I just cannot see myself warming to him as a person again, I just don't like the way he handles himself and the clubs business, and I don't think he's a great fit for us personality wise. That last bit is interesting actually, we've spent years trying to find a winger because Rudkin didn't like Bowen's personality... why isn't Brendan held to the same regard by the man who hired him?

I think he'd be the first to say he's probably nearing the end of a decent stint at this club, longest he's ever been anywhere now isn't it?

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

He's a good manager when things are going well, and a bad manager when things are going poorly. His ego will not allow for him to lay the blame at his own feet.

I think he's tactically adept, and is well suited to playing different formations and styles. It's going to be hard to find a better manager who is willing to go to the tier of club Leicester is. But I understand completely why a large percentage of the supporters (and probably players too 😂) want him gone. 

I think if he were to move in the summer, either for a new gig or because Top had enough of him, I would still reflect positively about his tenure. Besides the obvious FA cup win, I think he provided the club with many good years, high finishes in the league, and honestly, his teams have generally played entertaining football.

Perhaps if we finish well this season, another club will catch his eye and we can bring in a new manager for the summer rebuild/refresh. It may just be the best outcome for all involved.

Probably the most measured post i've seen in here. Completely agree with it!

35 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think i've seperated it out fairly clearly in what I said, he's done too much for me to 'love' him as a manager again, no matter what happens.

But i'm perfectly capable of getting back into enjoying seeing my club play good football and winning games again and not particularly being too bothered about the man in charge.

If he won a league and cup double next season it would be insane and an incredible achievement, and he'd deserve every last bit of praise, i'd give him a fair amount too! I just cannot see myself warming to him as a person again, I just don't like the way he handles himself and the clubs business, and I don't think he's a great fit for us personality wise. That last bit is interesting actually, we've spent years trying to find a winger because Rudkin didn't like Bowen's personality... why isn't Brendan held to the same regard by the man who hired him?

I think he'd be the first to say he's probably nearing the end of a decent stint at this club, longest he's ever been anywhere now isn't it?

Have you met Brendan?

If not you have no real idea about his personality of not.

People at the club have, and we have seem little evidence of players down tools, which is a good indicator.

Personal don't really care, I want him to win football matches not go for a beer with him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Have you met Brendan?

People at the club have, and we have seem little evidence of players down tools, which is a good indicator.

Personal don't really care, I want him to win football matches not go for a beer with him.

:appl:i love the bloke, i dont see what most hate about him.  The fact people on here prefer that lunatic that is Pearson over Rodgers boggles my mind at times.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not missing any points. You think you're being smart by saying that there wouldn't have been anyone available if we sacked BR, and Brighton and Wolves proved you wrong. 

Like I say, was Rodgers available when we sacked Puel? No he was not, we went and got him. 

No you’re talking bolox now ..  I’m not being smart in the slightest ..  I hardly ever post on this thread (and now I can see why) ..  all I was asking was who people think we should get and are they likely to want to come here ..  it was a question ..  a question I haven’t got a clue about cus I haven’t got enough time in the day to sit reading all about football. 

Anyway I’ll leave you to it ..  tbh im not that fvckin interested. 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Have you met Brendan?

A thread title in the making, So if Brendan invited you for a Beer you'd say no? 

10 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I agree with this. Rodgers wasted the unique opportunities we had when we had the core players with quality needed for a top 6 club, although he has this season threw the same players under the bus and claimed they are no where near good enough.

When you look at the FA cup outlier, funnily enough we got there partly because of Nacho, who he did not use in the PL. Rodgers clearly disliked the bloke or playing in a way so that it suited his players in preference for his desire for control in the way that he thought sideways football could offer.

Still not convinced. He has a long way to regain my belief in him after the way he threw everyone under the bus. But I support the team and I will cheer them on regardless.

The unique relationship is between the support and the players. And the real achievers are always going to be the players - not the manager.

The rot has been stopped by two key transfers in - Faes and Kristiansen. They are both decisive in their thinking and action. We now have to trust that the élan which has been created by a strengthened defence and a creative/assertive left side defender isn't affected by Rodgers' penchant for imprecise decision making.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

What did he really say,that was sacrelidge and worse than any other manager..

Disrespectful to the club...

He's called players out & said he's finding it hard...plus several quotes on not getting investment support from club...

I have hardly missed an interview or statements from him, I haven't heard anything untoward,that steps out of the box..Stubborn ,arrogant thankgod he his..Self selling,why not,all do it in some fashion...

What statement have really sent you on the warpath questioning his statements.MON attacked club & players,but that was OK...

Pearson attacked all and sundry..

But MON,Pearson & Rodgers stiplified every 2nd week,it's still their responsibility what  happens in training,translation and on the pitch.

We have had a terrible 6 yrs of recruitment...A manager will suggest, might even telephone ( if they share a language) when players become knowingly available, within the rules.

But they no longer are responsible for recruitment,other saying what "type" and position of player..I doubt Rodgers went and scouted,& wound in, the Dane,Brazilian, and Kangaroo, no more than Vestergaard,or others...

But too much made of it,and lies from fanbase..

Tell me where he strayed out of the box,and was Mr Nasty...

I wanted him gone because we were playing terrible and no sunshine on the horizon...If he completes a complete U turn good on him....

waffling around like a spoilt brat of a child,saying one can't forgive him...It's beyond me..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Have you met Brendan?

I never really understand this 'have you met him' he's a public figure and I'm basing opinions on what I have to see/hear, just like any other public figure.

People seem to have completely forgot some of the wording he used to publically explain the clubs financial situation, if a leader in any other business did that they'd be out in their arse. It will hamstring us for god knows how long, you can guarantee teams after Madisson knocked £10m off as soon as he started talking about our 'difficult' situation.

You last sentance is spot on though, and pretty much exactly what I said in the first post I made... just want to enjoy the football again! 

• Haha 1