Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well there’s a reason my boss doesn’t send me to jobs at the training ground 😅

The thing is with him, (Rodgers, not my boss) is that he’s spun so much shit on the players (the same players who are now decent I might add) , the owners (in a roundabout way) and the fans, that when he should at his most likeable (after 2 great wins) I still don’t bother to listen or read his post match comments, because all I hear is ‘blah blah blah de dah’

It takes a special kind of knob and to be ambivalent towards him given the football he had us playing and the FA Cup win

I don’t disagree with that. However, I am not sure that I would commit a crime that is worthy of time if I saw him in real life lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well there’s a reason my boss doesn’t send me to jobs at the training ground

Genuine question - not meant to antagonise or be meant as a dig. 

Do you think it's gone a bit far when your own employer/boss won't send you to somewhere because of your personal feelings towards that person? 

What do they think you'll do?! Surely you're professional enough to put feelings aside for work purposes? I have no idea what you do by the way so unless your his professional cleaner or something I find it bizarre lol

As above, no intention to provoke here. Genuinely curious before any post gets deleted! 

37 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well there’s a reason my boss doesn’t send me to jobs at the training ground 😅

The thing is with him, (Rodgers, not my boss) is that he’s spun so much shit on the players (the same players who are now decent I might add) , the owners (in a roundabout way) and the fans, that when he should at his most likeable (after 2 great wins) I still don’t bother to listen or read his post match comments, because all I hear is ‘blah blah blah de dah’

It takes a special kind of knob and to be ambivalent towards him given the football he had us playing and the FA Cup win

I'm treating this all as big talk and/or hyperbole. If you're genuinely saying you might not be able to control yourself, then you are really not in any way ambivalent in your feelings. 

If I've misunderstood the last part of course, forgive me doing so. I don't get the impression that you're a bad person generally, so reading this kind of stuff bothers me on a human level. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Genuine question - not meant to antagonise or be meant as a dig. 

Do you think it's gone a bit far when your own employer/boss won't send you to somewhere because of your personal feelings towards that person? 

What do they think you'll do?! Surely you're professional enough to put feelings aside for work purposes? I have no idea what you do by the way so unless your his professional cleaner or something I find it bizarre lol

As above, no intention to provoke here. Genuinely curious before any post gets deleted! 

It was tongue in cheek if I’m completely honest. I wouldn’t physically assault him 😅

However, would I approach him and give him a piece of my mind, calling him on each of his contradictions over the last 18 months, and tell him to take some accountability himself?

Yes, I’d like to think I would, if my job wouldn’t be at stake (which it would, because my companies contract with LCFC would be jeopardised too) His list of contradictions is so long that security would have me out before I’d even got halfway down the list anyway 

That’s why they wouldn’t send me. It probably wouldn’t look great pulling into Seagrave with ‘Rodgers Out’ scrawled across the back of the dirty van either. 

Rodgers provokes questions that deserve his answers. Nobody in the media dares to do that.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brendan Rodgers in his 3 complete seasons:

Positions 5th,5th 8th.

Cups won: 1

Charity shields won: 1

Domestic Cup quarter finals: 2

Domestic Cup semi finals: 1

European semi finals: 1

I understand the argument that his time is up (I don't agree with it mind you) but I can't for the life of me understand the hate and vitriol towards a manager who has overseen such a successful period for the club in the context of its history. 

Safe to say he is very divisive INDEED.

But all the above is a very good CV, lots of other clubs are jealous of us and where we are, he has been behind plenty of that.

But his approach and the things he said have alienated many of the fans.

I always say is there somebody better???

We could win the FA Cup again this year, I know some have written him off, but what then?  A glory day, European football.

The bigger issues for me in the next 6-9 months are:

1) Stay up 2) What happens to Tielemans & Maddison? 3) Who are their replacements & the other incomings in the summer, and there should be a number?

ON BBC today Garth Crooks said if Conte goes, Tottenham wouldn't wrong to look at BR & he would likely go, and I think we would probably let him and a large number of fans would be happy.

But be careful what you wish for.  Hopefully if that does come to pass, he can win the FA Cup first!!:scarf::appl:

10 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Safe to say he is very divisive INDEED.

But all the above is a very good CV, lots of other clubs are jealous of us and where we are, he has been behind plenty of that.

But his approach and the things he said have alienated many of the fans.

I always say is there somebody better???

We could win the FA Cup again this year, I know some have written him off, but what then?  A glory day, European football.

The bigger issues for me in the next 6-9 months are:

1) Stay up 2) What happens to Tielemans & Maddison? 3) Who are their replacements & the other incomings in the summer, and there should be a number?

ON BBC today Garth Crooks said if Conte goes, Tottenham wouldn't wrong to look at BR & he would likely go, and I think we would probably let him and a large number of fans would be happy.

But be careful what you wish for.  Hopefully if that does come to pass, he can win the FA Cup first!!:scarf::appl:

Garth Crooks really is a prize one tool isn’t he? 

A more detailed extract from his quote is: 

“Rodgers is a good coach and there is no doubt he seems to have got Iheanacho back to his best again. We know the Nigeria international can score goals but he is at his best when his touch is good, he sees the pass and is generally wreaking havoc in opposition defences. 

And that is precisely what he did against Tottenham. If Conte were to leave Spurs at the end of the season, they could do much worse than installing Rodgers at the helm in his place.”

Rodgers gets the credit for getting Iheanacho “back to his best”. That must be the tough love approach of leaving him out of the side for the best part of 2 years!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

One only has to see the mess that Southampton and Leeds are in to realise why getting rid would maybe not have been good. Furthermore he'd walk straight into those jobs.

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure Southampton wish that they had kept Hassenhuttl now, even though it wasn't great under him, either.

Imagine how silly we'd look sacking him and him walking into the Spurs job when Conte leaves in the summer. Or West Ham or Everton coming good because they got a decent manager in in Rodgers, and we'd be looking at Dyche (who I like, but not going to take us to heights like Rodgers has previously), Lampard, Gerrard, Marsch etc.

I'm sure others would mention other fancy names from abroad that we could take a chance on, but we tend to appoint domestically or managers that have managed in this country before. 

Rodgers is like all good managers - Guardiola couldn't get Man City to instantly win the league in 16/17 when he didn't have the players, Liverpool have struggled this season because Klopp's teams rely on energy in midfield which they have often lacked due to injuries, Conte can't get Spurs ticking because his defence just aren't reliable enough and Son's form has dropped off of a cliff. I don't think Ten Hag would have made United any good without Martinez or Casemiro, either. 

When Rodgers has the components, he gets us results. His three full seasons, particularly the first two, prove that. This season, he hasn't had as good of a starting line-up up until the last 2 games, due to the new signings, and all of a sudden we are winning games again. It's no surprise to me that with upgrades in the problem areas of the side, that we are performing again. Obviously if we revert to our performance levels as before and drop off with these new lads in the team who are quite clearly good players, then we may have a problem with the manager. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

And you have great days at the office,every fking day..

Just think what you write...

I did think what I wrote. You try to read things without taking them all too literally or seriously all the time, it was meant tongue in cheek. I bet the winter nights have been rushing by in your house with all that joy and humour overflowing 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Positions 5th,5th 8th.

I understand the argument that his time is up (I don't agree with it mind you) but I can't for the life of me understand the hate and vitriol towards a manager who has overseen such a successful period for the club in the context of its history. 

How MON can be considered a greater City manager I don't know. Yes MON spent less but everyone in the 90s spent less than now. Its much much harder to finish 5th now than it was back then. Rodgers is a bigger City legend than O'Neil, and I say this as someone who grew up on MON football. 

Plus, the football aesthetically is a million times better. RodgersBall at its peak was pure sex. O'Neil had us spamming 65 crosses into the box every game. Not even a comparison.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Brendan gave us this football.

There was a discussion on Saturday about the best football we’ve ever played under Rodger’s and I do think this is it for me. Man United in the cup was also brilliant, as was Villa away before we went shit. I watched this game in Sharers bar at St James’ park and there were no end of Geordies going on about how good we were that night. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

There was a discussion on Saturday about the best football we’ve ever played under Rodger’s and I do think this is it for me. Man United in the cup was also brilliant, as was Villa away before we went shit. I watched this game in Sharers bar at St James’ park and there were no end of Geordies going on about how good we were that night. 

There was a stretch of games were I was convinced every time we played we would obliterate the opposition. We were that good. Shame we took a complete nosedive and have been shit dør ages. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I did think what I wrote. You try to read things without taking them all too literally or seriously all the time, it was meant tongue in cheek. I bet the winter nights have been rushing by in your house with all that joy and humour overflowing 🤣🤣

Your more locker,and ride my sarcasm than most,that's why I had a dig.. :)..:cheers:

Ps ..I am presently waiting to lose my 1/3 from my foot...

After hearing from my big C, suppressed but still terminal.

My daughter just arrived back in Europe with my 2 grandkids after being in French-polynesiabfor 5 months..

My sons wife just bore my 5th grankid.

My youngest daughter just refinanced and took over her house after partner left her after 10yrs..though she was the the one who stabilised his life...after bearing his child..

My other daughter,living in the Swiss ,with hubby and 2 aussie-sheperds, qualified with master

( Bachelor) just as Corona hit.

Makes money has an influenser.

With Swiss.paws and author,because finding a job is bloody difficult in Events,sports management ..

So a normal life,where sport is my pastime,where I even enjoy the Rodgers trials & tribulations...

And people worry & panic over his few jingles with words...

You have gotta laugh innit..lol

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Changing an opinion with changing evidence is fair enough but I do think if you've gone from out - in - out - in this season you can't really be taken too seriously.

Rodgers is guaranteed to go on a terrible losing streak again. I don't believe he has what it takes to take us to the highs we want. It's time for a change.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Love it when people try to justify the upturn in form after months of saying he's completely useless and a laughing stock by making out Rodgers has some how fundamentally changed his approach to management and tactics overnight after 20 odd years in coaching. 

Maybe just maybe he's not quite as bad as your negative circle jerk led yourselfs to believe? 

So you believe he's not capable of looking at other tactics and trying them in a game ?? We certainly appear to have played a different style these past few games than pretty much all season. Pretty damn useless if he's only got one game plan in mind and hence why so many have been fuming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Positions 5th,5th 8th.

.. it probably is the main thing that despite the list you have compiled those feelings are still there within the fanbase!!!

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

We've always had wild swings in form under him, it's nothing new.

The bigger issue is that so often most of them are IMO self inflicted. Then you have his attitude for the last year, purely based around absolving himself of any blame, where as a decent coach would attempt to create a siege mentality against negative press, rather than playing along with it. Then you have the Rennie / injury fiasco, which has gone on too long to be a coincidence. Congerton being installed against better judgement. 

I hope the club have realised they gave him too much power and sway and have started taking it back. Minimise the damage his fitness team have done and get a decent scouting setup back in place. 

If we play positive football, he can stay. But I just fear negative Nelly Rodgers is just lurking around the corner to take the wind from our sails once again. 

Pretty much exactly where I stand.