Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Plateaued and steadily declined, whilst winning the FA Cup for the first time in our history and having two of the best final league placings in our history, getting in Europe two seasons in a row for the first time in our history.

How many times in his 4 year tenure have we scored 4 goals plus in a game? How many times had we done that before in the premier league era.

We are having a tough season this year, we badly needed investment in the playing squad, that didn’t come. We’ve seen the improvement made by the latest  arrivals. But we have certainly evolved as a club since his arrival.

Success at the top, ultimately is not sustainable without huge investment. Look at any team outside of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal that have broken into the big boys club - Man City and Chelsea have joined them thanks to significant financial backing. Everyone else who has attempted; Newcastle (Keegan years) Leeds, West Ham, Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs; they’ve all tried to break into that top six and have ultimately either broken the bank in doing so, fallen off a cliff the following season or in Spurs case stuck around without any success.

Leicester in the last 8 years are the only club that’s maintained a challenge to the big boys, had success and not been bankrupted along the way.

Since the PL began, (I’m well aware there was football before 1992, but money changed everything.) how many teams have won a trophy? How many have won 2 different trophies? How many have the full set?

In Brendan’s time we’ve achieved something other clubs haven’t managed to do, challenge the top 6, just about balance the books, and win things - throw into the mix a European semifinal and I’d say his 4 years have been better than plateauing and declining.

Great Post, but I wouldn't waste your time. These people are so entrenched in their own position on this that trifling things like facts won't make the blindest bit of difference. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Great Post, but I wouldn't waste your time. These people are so entrenched in their own position on this that trifling things like facts won't make the blindest bit of difference. 

Could it just be that both parties share different views? By suggesting that 'these people' are 'entrenched' in their own views, doesn't your belittling of them render you liable to the same accusation?

Yes, like many, I'm firmly in the Rodgers out camp but do recognise other people's views albeit I don't necessarily agree with all of them. The counter argument could also be that there's none so blind as those unwilling to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Could it just be that both parties share different views? By suggesting that 'these people' are 'entrenched' in their own views, doesn't your belittling of them render you liable to the same accusation?

Yes, like many, I'm firmly in the Rodgers out camp but do recognise other people's views albeit I don't necessarily agree with all of them. The counter argument could also be that there's none so blind as those unwilling to see.

It is true, as with most things around discussions, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. However people often like simple binary conclusions, so such nuance is often unwelcome

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'd say that the public calling out of several players, along with the trashing of the squad generally in the media, was a big mistake.

He was right - but his comments to the media can only have contributed to the godawful malaise that haunted us on the pitch during some abject performances.

He threw the players under the bus multiple times.

General ..all football managers do,when team is failing and the time is right..

Pep,Klopp,Clough,Beckenbauer, MON Etc

I have no idea where this snowflake thought came to pass,just some idiots wanting to use,one off,and collection of statements,out of frustration..& cherry picking 

said statements cos it passed their agendas..

Throwing team & players under the bus…I mean FFs, people have to get real…

oh what have these FTers done with all our players,when off form,or shout they aren’t good enough for the PL, or crucify Thomas,Amartey,Barnes,Maddison,Tielemans..etc,etc,etc.

Its in all managers make up,to have a go…he only hinted ,and passed remarks,very low key, and not a continual wave of statements,but plonkers on this forum,keep repeating their crap over These one off smoke of statements..who’s fking desperate & out of control…rather listen to Rodgers odd statements,than the crap issued or thrown on here…over the odd uttering of Rodgers..

fk me Pep,Klopp,Tuchel , Ferguson,Wenger,really laid into their squads,even management..Really…:dunno:

& FFs sake don’t phsycho analyse the differences,says more about the posters,frustrated breakdowns than the manager…

On 14/02/2023 at 09:24, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's besides the point, you asked "who is there?" and then I said immediately two good managers who were brought into the league by similar clubs. 

Was Rodgers "available" when we sacked Puel btw? 

worth remembering as well it cuts both ways. say we were flying and Spurs decided to axe Conte, then activated Rodgers release clause. Are we saying the club doesn't have a succession plan in place for that? if yes then that's woeful incompetence on the part of the higher ups, if not then they already have a list of who else there is to take over 

45 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

General ..all football managers do,when team is failing and the time is right..

Pep,Klopp,Clough,Beckenbauer, MON Etc

I have no idea where this snowflake thought came to pass,just some idiots wanting to use,one off,and collection of statements,out of frustration..& cherry picking 

said statements cos it passed their agendas..

Throwing team & players under the bus…I mean FFs, people have to get real…

oh what have these FTers done with all our players,when off form,or shout they aren’t good enough for the PL, or crucify Thomas,Amartey,Barnes,Maddison,Tielemans..etc,etc,etc.

Its in all managers make up,to have a go…he only hinted ,and passed remarks,very low key, and not a continual wave of statements,but plonkers on this forum,keep repeating their crap over These one off smoke of statements..who’s fking desperate & out of control…rather listen to Rodgers odd statements,than the crap issued or thrown on here…over the odd uttering of Rodgers..

fk me Pep,Klopp,Tuchel , Ferguson,Wenger,really laid into their squads,even management..Really…:dunno:

& FFs sake don’t phsycho analyse the differences,says more about the posters,frustrated breakdowns than the manager…

Mate only one of us sounds like they're having a frustrated breakdown.

I always like reading your opinions, but keep your insults to yourself.

22 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Mate only one of us sounds like they're having a frustrated breakdown.

I always like reading your opinions, but keep your insults to yourself.

No because, I will fire back at the abusers, using the same terminology so we have some balanced rhetoric…People want to abuse, & not criticise, it goes too far..

Since last season it’s grew out of proportion and OTT toxic..

So I will show the other side of the street…

It doesn’t make me better, I just throw in opposite perspectives…and me returning abusive serves,no worse than what has been rattled on here..

If people can’t take the heat,don’t open the firedoor..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'd say that the public calling out of several players, along with the trashing of the squad generally in the media, was a big mistake.

He was right - but his comments to the media can only have contributed to the godawful malaise that haunted us on the pitch during some abject performances.

He threw the players under the bus multiple times.

Lost the players yet here we are. Again and again. Through all kinds of adversity over the past 4 years. Foxestalk man management experts.:banana:

Edited by so1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, so1 said:

Lost the players yet here we are. Again and again. Through all kinds of adversity over the past 4 years. Foxestalk man management experts.:banana:

I don't see anything about what you're saying that makes what I said untrue.

I'm not one of these mouth-frothing anti-Rodgers armchair psychologist-PL managers - I just thought that he didn't conduct himself in public in the best way for the squad.

Any team of people would struggle to respond well to that, and if we hadn't signed 4 first-teamers I think we'd be in real danger.

I think he used the media to pressure the club, and I think he made a mistake in trashing individuals. I said that in response to the hypothetical question, 'what would Rodgers have to apologise about?'

Being a dick in the media, is my answer.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I don't see anything about what you're saying that makes what I said untrue.

I'm not one of these mouth-frothing anti-Rodgers armchair psychologist-PL managers - I just thought that he didn't conduct himself in public in the best way for the squad.

Any team of people would struggle to respond well to that, and if we hadn't signed 4 first-teamers I think we'd be in real danger.

I think he used the media to pressure the club, and I think he made a mistake in trashing individuals. I said that in response to the hypothetical question, 'what would Rodgers have to apologise about?'

Being a dick in the media, is my answer.

On the flip side nothing you said is true is it? Just an opinion and yes, it’s the lifeblood of any forum. Yes he is smarmy and unpalatable but he is a good coach and the players seem to like him, or at least none seems to have come out and stated an opposition to this I think?  :dunno:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This. Imagine going to the City and watching your team score brilliant goals every week home and away to one that couldn't even score on a pre-season tour of Thailand.

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Even at Brighton I often thought he looked far more pedestrian than moderate/peak Rodgers 

His teams just don't score. 3 goals in 9 games is a disgrace at Chelsea even if they don't have top attackers. I'm beyond thinking it's bad luck with him, he just can't coach a side to score goals. I'd be looking elsewhere if Rodgers did leave.

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The idea of Graham Potter as a replacement enamours me less by the week.

Never got the huge clamour on here for him. Took nearly three years at Brighton to get them scoring and winning consistently. This run at Chelsea isn't new to him. Still got plenty to prove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

The idea of Graham Potter as a replacement enamours me less by the week.

...Potter's tenure at Chelsea does not square up with what he does!!!

As a results business he has inherited players that are not his, and they probably struggle as to accept him as a first class manager. He needs time to build but in order to build he will have to compromise to get results, and he needs results whilst trying to do this.

He will have to have time to build, lay down foundations in order to move his team's forward.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2