Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Potter's tenure at Chelsea does not square up with what he does!!!

As a results business he has inherited players that are not his, and they probably struggle as to accept him as a first class manager. He needs time to build but in order to build he will have to compromise to get results, and he needs results whilst trying to do this.

He will have to have time to build, lay down foundations in order to move his team's forward.

Excuses excuses. 

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Potter has always been overrated on here, when Brighton couldn't score it was he didn't have the players.

Now Chelsea are suffering the same fate what the new excuse for the god of football.

He hasn’t got any strikers? 🤣

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

As a results business he has inherited players that are not his, and they probably struggle as to accept him as a first class manager. He needs time to build but in order to build he will have to compromise to get results, and he needs results whilst trying to do this.

He will have to have time to build, lay down foundations in order to move his team's forward.

I think there's some truth in this but I think even with those caveats the outcomes have been pathetic. 3 goals in 9 games and 2 wins in 14. If you were asked to guess what they were you would guess Bournemouth's away record.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Potter has always been overrated on here, when Brighton couldn't score it was he didn't have the players.

Now Chelsea are suffering the same fate what the new excuse for the god of football.

To be fair, there is a degree of it being true of Chelsea too - but even then he still has substantially better players than what he's serving up. I don't think he's rubbish but I wouldn't be enamoured by us appointing him at all now. I had reservations and they've really come to the fore.

45 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

the only reason why people overrated potter is because of what pep said about him

More that we had better players that would put the chances away that Brighton created and didn't convert. 

Chelsea aren't particularly stable but do have quality players. Their scoring return is dreadful. Maybe he would do well here but not convinced.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The geezer just spent 300 million in January and he’s getting porked by bottom of the league lad 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

There were a lot on this site who were convinced we should replace BR with him . Not much from them at the moment 

Amazingly, someone doesn't have to post the same opinion in every thread every day. It really is possible to maintain that opinion having vocalised it just the once. Hope that helps.

• Like 4

Before people get personal about their views on Potter, can I just say that is quite weird in itself.

Look at the mess that Tuchel left the club and had them playing even worse football with shocking results/performances like the one at Leeds and many more.

They are rightly being called out for spending so much money but when look at the players they’ve signed, how many would have been signed off by Potter?

Spending 600m and not buying a recognised striker other than a past it Aubameyang who was bombed out of Arsenal by Arteta, is their biggest problem NOT Potter.

Has he underachieved? Yes

Is he now some awful manager? No

• Like 3

Classing a PL football managers poor approach to press conferences/interviews as noise or irrelevant is naive at best. Of course it matters. It matters massively what comes out of the mouth of such a senior executive. It’s why our Comms director is paid so much. 

He alienated a large amount of the fan base due to such comments and rightly so is held accountable. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Before people get personal about their views on Potter, can I just say that is quite weird in itself.

Look at the mess that Tuchel left the club and had them playing even worse football with shocking results/performances like the one at Leeds and many more.

They are rightly being called out for spending so much money but when look at the players they’ve signed, how many would have been signed off by Potter?

Spending 600m and not buying a recognised striker other than a past it Aubameyang who was bombed out of Arsenal by Arteta, is their biggest problem NOT Potter.

Has he underachieved? Yes

Is he now some awful manager? No

About the most sensible post we'll see here for a while.  

Potter is a decent coach.  He is currently struggling.

Perhaps he has been given pieces from different jigsaw puzzles to put together.  Chelsea will need to trim 10p.ayers in the summer.  They will make more big signings.

Rodgers is a decent coach...    The call with him is when he and the club need a change.   It could have happened before but didn't.  

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Classing a PL football managers poor approach to press conferences/interviews as noise or irrelevant is naive at best. Of course it matters. It matters massively what comes out of the mouth of such a senior executive. It’s why our Comms director is paid so much. 

He alienated a large amount of the fan base due to such comments and rightly so is held accountable. 

Projection at best, and insulting at worst to think you speak for a ‘large amount’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spot on . In the case of quoted companies with football clubs as part of their corporate structure , pronouncements from the manager could potentially be regarded as price sensitive and able to affect the share price favourably or unfavourably which the regulators are empowered to act on 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

LOL

Ok mate. I’ll change to part of the fan base which I can’t quantify is that ok ? X

Called on your false facts and having a laugh tantrum,  come on. :rolleyes:

Look every top level CEO, director or manager I know talks shite or in sound bites when public speaking, but they are almost uniformly successful, so I am unsure what point you are even trying to sell here.

Some fans (note I didn’t say all or some other imagined leading quantity)  don’t like him, ok, fine, that’s your or anyone’s total right and it has been said plenty, not sure it’s going anywhere mind. :dunno:

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The geezer just spent 300 million in January and he’s getting porked by bottom of the league lad 

...I  don't think throwing money at it was going to solve his problems, the way their owner has been buying  players in a random pattern!!!

Perhaps needed to bring in a player from his previous club, who understood what is expected and can bring that to the players who were already there.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Potter was always a massive fraud, swear it took him 3 seasons to finally improve on Hughtons best season. He was loved by all of the wrong type of people that was an easy indicator he was shit, you know likes a frappe in the morning and spends a hunna on the athletic every year. 

Do you really think you can go from managing in the Swedish fourth division and Northern Counties East League to the Champions League by being “a fraud”?

You can debate his merits about how good a coach he is, but to dismiss him as shit is ridiculous. Especially given he’s obviously better than so many coaches who have got jobs because they’ve had decent playing careers. 

11 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Do you really think you can go from managing in the Swedish fourth division and Northern Counties East League to the Champions League by being “a fraud”?

You can debate his merits about how good a coach he is, but to dismiss him as shit is ridiculous. Especially given he’s obviously better than so many coaches who have got jobs because they’ve had decent playing careers. 

The word fraud gets thrown around all of the place at the minute. 
I find the use of the word fraud along with the over used ‘no plan b’ or [insert managers name]ball to be phrases used when you just don’t like a manger, but have no real facts to support your argument.

• Like 2