Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really.

He Champion League in his first season, finished 4th in the PL.

Last season reached the FA Cup and League Cup final and wonù the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. Finished 3rd in the PL.

6th when he was sacked.

Right mess lol.

Most Chelsea fans would have him back tomorrow.

Lets not count friendlies as genuine trophies. It annoys the life out of  me  lol

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Called on your false facts and having a laugh tantrum,  come on. :rolleyes:

Look every top level CEO, director or manager I know talks shite or in sound bites when public speaking, but they are almost uniformly successful, so I am unsure what point you are even trying to sell here.

Some fans (note I didn’t say all or some other imagined leading quantity)  don’t like him, ok, fine, that’s your or anyone’s total right and it has been said plenty, not sure it’s going anywhere mind. :dunno:

Excuse me ? What’s wrong with you ? Childish at best in terms of a response. My point was that what comes out of senior officials mouth matters. That’s universal. You can have a fantastic talented person running an organisation but if what they’re saying annoys, upsets, disappoints or on the other side encourages, that individual will be held accountable. If someone’s opinion matters it will carry weight - the managers opinion matters, that’s all. I think it’s incredibly naive to think otherwise - apparently I’m trying to sell something - well, if If that is the case I am setting out that pretending to ignore it is just not going to happen. People tend to buy into a complete product and that poor communication combined with an unsuccessful period didn’t seem to sell very well. Communications is a huge part of major organisations. What exactly have I said that is so controversial - I genuinely don’t know.

If you don’t feel that, fine I’m not going to try and convince you. First time I’ve noticed you on this forum I’m not particularly concern if I’ve been successful in getting it across to you but coming out in this ridiculous way as if I’ve said something so insulting of Rodgers (considering what else has been written in this thread (probably by me as well at some stage) that is actually laughable) is actually laughable, I’m sorry it is. 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Really.

He Champion League in his first season, finished 4th in the PL.

Last season reached the FA Cup and League Cup final and wonù the UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup. Finished 3rd in the PL.

6th when he was sacked.

Right mess lol.

Most Chelsea fans would have him back tomorrow.

That really is NOT the narrative from my ST holders at the Bridge.

The atmosphere during his last few months weren’t all rosey like you make out.

Sixth (first week in September) but lost to Southampton, Leeds and Dinamo Zagreb 🙈

I’m not denying Tuchel’s initial success but look at his career and he doesn’t last longer than two years at a club as appears to fall out with the board/players.

Curious about your thoughts on the rest of my post though mate?

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That really is NOT the narrative from my ST holders at the Bridge.

The atmosphere during his last few months weren’t all rosey like you make out.

Sixth (first week in September) but lost to Southampton, Leeds and Dinamo Zagreb 🙈

I’m not denying Tuchel’s initial success but look at his career and he doesn’t last longer than two years at a club as appears to fall out with the board/players.

Curious about your thoughts on the rest of my post though mate?

I've no doubt he's not siging the players, I generally believe he's a average manager who lucky to have even been interviewed by Chelsea let alone appointed.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

On the flip side nothing you said is true is it? Just an opinion and yes, it’s the lifeblood of any forum. Yes he is smarmy and unpalatable but he is a good coach and the players seem to like him, or at least none seems to have come out and stated an opposition to this I think?  :dunno:

Damn you took the words right out of my mouth. Well except the smarmy and unpalatable part :D. I found a solution for that when he brushed up on the press speak at Celtic. I stopped listening. :ph34r:  I'm long past thinking anything of interest to come out of his role of spokesman for the club. They all do it. It's an art form learning how to make nothing sound like something.

Just want him to stay as a  world class football manager. Not a politician 

Edited by so1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Do you really think you can go from managing in the Swedish fourth division and Northern Counties East League to the Champions League by being “a fraud”?

You can debate his merits about how good a coach he is, but to dismiss him as shit is ridiculous. Especially given he’s obviously better than so many coaches who have got jobs because they’ve had decent playing careers. 

Craig Shakespeare has managed at champions league level, that barometer doesn’t really work. All I’ve been told for years after not seeing it is how good this geezer is, he’s finally given the tools at his disposal and he’s doing an absolutely horrific job 

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I've no doubt he's not siging the players, I generally believe he's a average manager who lucky to have even been interviewed by Chelsea let alone appointed.

Fair enough mate.

I believe that Potter is a good coach and whether it works out at Chelsea for him or not, he’ll still go on and do some decent things in football.

That’s what this place is about though to have a level headed debate 👌🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Lets not count friendlies as genuine trophies. It annoys the life out of  me  lol

We count the charity shield as a trophy im fairly sure if we ever got to a super cup most would take it seriously 

Its not like we win stuff regularly 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Excuse me ? What’s wrong with you ? Childish at best in terms of a response. My point was that what comes out of senior officials mouth matters. That’s universal. You can have a fantastic talented person running an organisation but if what they’re saying annoys, upsets, disappoints or on the other side encourages, that individual will be held accountable. If someone’s opinion matters it will carry weight - the managers opinion matters, that’s all. I think it’s incredibly naive to think otherwise - apparently I’m trying to sell something - well, if If that is the case I am setting out that pretending to ignore it is just not going to happen. People tend to buy into a complete product and that poor communication combined with an unsuccessful period didn’t seem to sell very well. Communications is a huge part of major organisations. What exactly have I said that is so controversial - I genuinely don’t know.

If you don’t feel that, fine I’m not going to try and convince you. First time I’ve noticed you on this forum I’m not particularly concern if I’ve been successful in getting it across to you but coming out in this ridiculous way as if I’ve said something so insulting of Rodgers (considering what else has been written in this thread (probably by me as well at some stage) that is actually laughable) is actually laughable, I’m sorry it is. 

Yes, he is not a good communicator, far worse than he thinks he is, but so what? He gets results, the players seem to like him, Top seems to like him, and the problem seems to be with consumers of his crap reading everything they want to into it. Can’t you get over who he is, despite these results?  

10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Craig Shakespeare has managed at champions league level, that barometer doesn’t really work. All I’ve been told for years after not seeing it is how good this geezer is, he’s finally given the tools at his disposal and he’s doing an absolutely horrific job 

Craig Shakespeare proves my point. Not an ex-player but got dropped into it, only managed 27 games and got found out. 

He didn’t build up a career as a manager right from the bottom over 15 years. Very few have as it’s so difficult to do. 

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, he is not a good communicator, far worse than he thinks he is, but so what? He gets results, the players seem to like him, Top seems to like him, and the problem seems to be with consumers of his crap reading everything they want to into it. Can’t you get over who he is, despite these results?  

When have I said I’m criticising who he is ? Honestly, what are you defending ? 

Read the first post which you decided to interact with. Take it in, understand it and then, respond with smile. 

As much you want that post to be a dig at Rodgers and/or his personality, it really wasn’t. Far from it. 

This has to be one of the most ridiculous exchanges I’ve ever had on Foxestalk. Love it. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Classing a PL football managers poor approach to press conferences/interviews as noise or irrelevant is naive at best. Of course it matters. It matters massively what comes out of the mouth of such a senior executive. It’s why our Comms director is paid so much. 

He alienated a large amount of the fan base due to such comments and rightly so is held accountable. 

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

When have I said I’m criticising who he is ? Honestly, what are you defending ? 

Read the first post which you decided to interact with. Take it in, understand it and then, respond with smile. 

As much you want that post to be a dig at Rodgers and/or his personality, it really wasn’t. Far from it. 

This has to be one of the most ridiculous exchanges I’ve ever had on Foxestalk. Love it. 

So what exactly are you criticising then? Surely you are not going to suggest you are not criticising? Because these posts do feel like criticism, help a guy out here! Nothing wrong with criticism, he deserves some for  sure over the last couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So what exactly are you criticising then? Surely you are not going to suggest you are not criticising? Because these posts do feel like criticism, help a guy out here! Nothing wrong with criticism, he deserves some for  sure over the last couple of years. 

A)  I’m calling out his approach to interviews (see sentence one) - if anything; 

B) I’m saying anyone who thinks what he (or anyone whose opinion matters) is irrelevant is being rather naive (see sentence 1 & 2).

C) The opinion of a senior official matters - it can have an impact on customers (or in this case fans). 

:blink: How you taken that as me saying Rodgers is a knobhead with a knobhead personality that has had us speaking probably three post two many ??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A)  I’m calling out his approach to interviews (see sentence one) - if anything; 

B) I’m saying anyone who thinks what he (or anyone whose opinion matters) is irrelevant is being rather naive (see sentence 1 & 2).

C) The opinion of a senior official matters - it can have an impact on customers (or in this case fans). 

:blink: How you taken that as me saying Rodgers is a knobhead with a knobhead personality that has had us speaking probably three post two many ??

Fair enough, A) Indifferent to his spiel, B) disagree, because of my response too A, and C) Yes their opinions matter, ours far less so

But yes, way, too much chatter on this! Let’s hope today is a good day, as I can see it being so!!  :scarf:

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, A) Indifferent to his spiel, B) disagree, because of my response too A, and C) Yes their opinions matter, ours far less so

But yes, way, too much chatter on this! Let’s hope today is a good day, as I can see it being so!!  :scarf:

It's important to not wilfully misunderstand, or be childish. :whistle: