Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I was shocked by Rodgers' quote in the mercury about maddison.  Is this some kind of for sale sign?

..it sounds a lot different to his take on the Tielemans situation!!!

Maddison is vocal in his interactions with Rodgers when he is on the pitch, but has also said that Rodgers has helped him to develop his game, not so long ago, so this story was a surprise when I came across  it.

It does sound like one rule for one and another rule for the other, and even more strange that he was handed the captaincy in the last game.

So far as I can see, there are 2 players in this squad that would "push back" against Rodgers (on field) and that is Maddison and Castagne. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It’s still an absolute mess. He’s been given the tools, the excuses are gone. 

Shocking. 3 new signings in that defence today and still the same old issues we’ve had for the past 2 years.

Some will tell you its not the managers fault and he’s not been backed though… 

12 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

It would be better for the world at large if you didn't share your thoughts at all, given they are so badly informed.

I mean they're not though are they. How many players have played in defence over the past 2 years and yet it's the same issues. I think that shows you who the common denominator is. If you're denying that he can't organise the defence, just have a look at the goals/expected goals against and you'd look rather silly.

Lots of reasons why we lost that, but I think Rodgers managed that game appallingly after half time.

We didn't react to ten Haag's tactical switches at all It's why ten Haag is a great coach, he can read a game and adapt on the fly.

They made a conscious effort to press aggressively in our half, and stop the ball getting into Nacho and Maddison under any circumstances. Then exploited us on the turnovers.

Rather than adapt, we played into their traps. Would have been better going more direct to the wingers for a bit. Then taking our midfield legs off was nonsensical really. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

Lots of reasons why we lost that, but I think Rodgers managed that game appallingly after half time.

We didn't react to ten Haag's tactical switches at all It's why ten Haag is a great coach, he can read a game and adapt on the fly.

They made a conscious effort to press aggressively in our half, and stop the ball getting into Nacho and Maddison under any circumstances. Then exploited us on the turnovers.

Rather than adapt, we played into their traps. Would have been better going more direct to the wingers for a bit. Then taking our midfield legs off was nonsensical really. 

Tielemans and Soumare on when you’re chasing a game is a brain dead decision. Not one a 10 million pounds a year manager should be making.

When you’re chasing a game you don’t bring on your slowest and your laziest player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Can’t think any manager when 2 nil down decides to change 2 midfielders for 2 midfielders. At least bring a forward on. 

I’ll probably be proven wrong by the statistics but surely over the past 2-3 years we are the worst team in the league for getting results from losing positions. 

A lot of that will be down to poor game management. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I’ll probably be proven wrong by the statistics but surely over the past 2-3 years we are the worst team in the league for getting results from losing positions. 

A lot of that will be down to poor game management. 

Saw a stat last week and we’d dropped 19 points this season when being ahead. 

Just now, Matt said:

2.5 games got credit.

That 2nd half was pathetic though.

As for bringing Soumare and Tielemans on when we're 2-0 down though. Jesus wept.

That is my biggest criticism of Rodgers today.

Also, Madders clearly has a knock, they said on commentary he’s been limited his training in the week but played all 90 minutes.

Tete was at least putting himself about but the pre-determined substitution of Tete for Praet also wound me up.