Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Saw a stat last week and we’d dropped 19 points this season when being ahead. 

We used to be good when we were ahead but even thats starting to slip this season. 

I just can’t see how it gets any better. We need new ideas. We’ve had new signings and that back 4 today was made up of 3 of them and still the same mistakes were happening. 

Had to take Mendy off with being on a booking and Attwell desperate to give soft fouls. Dewsbury-Hall was an odd move.

Think the set up was correct but we struggled after half time, not helped by Mendy being restricted. 

Has to do something about Ward.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

We used to be good when we were ahead but even thats starting to slip this season. 

I just can’t see how it gets any better. We need new ideas. We’ve had new signings and that back 4 today was made up of 3 of them and still the same mistakes were happening. 

Have to give the back four some time to gel, they have played 3 games together.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

That is my biggest criticism of Rodgers today.

Also, Madders clearly has a knock, they said on commentary he’s been limited his training in the week but played all 90 minutes.

Tete was at least putting himself about but the pre-determined substitution of Tete for Praet also wound me up.

They felt like they were all pre-determined subs which is my biggest criticism of Rodgers, he fails to be able to adapt and deal with what is actually happening on the pitch.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Have to give the back for some time to gel, they have played 3 games together.

You have a point but even some of the basics were missing today. Way too open and were caught out quite a few times. 

Any other day it could have been 6 or 7 but it seemed like they were trying to tee Weghorst up towards the end.

Just now, Dames said:

You have a point but even some of the basics were missing today. Way too open and were caught out quite a few times. 

Any other day it could have been 6 or 7 but it seemed like they were trying to tee Weghorst up towards the end.

Definitely to open, but when you have a midfield letting players run by them a back 4 is going to look poor often overload with Man U having man square.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Definitely to open, but when you have a midfield letting players run by them a back 4 is going to look poor often overload with Man U having man square.

And thats where the blame lays squarely on the manager for bringing on our slowest player in Tielemans and laziest in Soumare. 

Should have brought Ndidi on to break things up and disrupt Utds play and hopefully counter our way back into the game. Instead he just gave them a free pass to carry on what they were doing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

And thats where the blame lays squarely on the manager for bringing on our slowest player in Tielemans and laziest in Soumare. 

Should have brought Ndidi on to break things up and disrupt Utds play and hopefully counter our way back into the game. Instead he just gave them a free pass to carry on what they were doing. 

More tripe. If you were a Leicester fan you'd be defending us from the awful officiating instead of slagging off the manager.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I can understand him bring on a more offensive pairing when you are 2-0, don't think Ndidi would have made much difference.

Once they went ahead we never looked like scoring.

Tielemans coming on was fine at the time.

Soumare, not so much. Don't get why KDH couldn't have stayed on. 

Not sure what Soumare could have offered to change the game. At least Youri has some game-changing abilities. Just a shame he didn't look like showing them today.

His slowness to react to what Ten Hag did at half-time transferred its way onto the pitch. It's like a different side came out 2nd half. We looked leggy, thoughtless, slow, lazy to name just a few. Several other traits you should never want to see in a team. Let alone away at Old Trafford where it's tough generally. 

Shame the 2nd half was like that. As if we carried on from the first half, even at 1-0 down, we realistically could have got something out of it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

Had to take Mendy off with being on a booking and Attwell desperate to give soft fouls. Dewsbury-Hall was an odd move.

Think the set up was correct but we struggled after half time, not helped by Mendy being restricted. 

Has to do something about Ward.

got more chance of Hell freezing over, like his golden boy Ward is

Edited by FrankieADZ

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I can understand him bring on a more offensive pairing when you are 2-0, don't think Ndidi would have made much difference.

Once they went ahead we never looked like scoring.

Maybe you’re right about not scoring but I wouldn’t class Soumare as offensive. He’s a nothing player and thats been proven time and again. 

Ndidi would have at least stuck a foot in and maybe got us up the pitch a bit more. 

Just now, Dames said:

Maybe you’re right about not scoring but I wouldn’t class Soumare as offensive. He’s a nothing player and thats been proven time and again. 

Ndidi would have at least stuck a foot in and maybe got us up the pitch a bit more. 

I'd never pick Soumare to be fair.

We’ve not reacted well to collapses this season and gone on pretty dismal runs. I don’t think we can afford another. The manager needs to ensure that this game is forgotten and we go again. Lots of positives from that 20 minute first half spell. Hopefully some time spent with the defence on organisation and take it from there

I'm normally one of the first to slate Brendan but today he got the tactics spot on especially in the first half. 

We could and should have been 2-0 up. We were well and truly dominating the game at that point too. 

Even in the second half he made the correct subs. He was just unfortunate that Soumare came on and decided to trot around the pitch.

i think we could of played 180 minutes today and not beat De Gea. 

12 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I'm normally one of the first to slate Brendan but today he got the tactics spot on especially in the first half. 

We could and should have been 2-0 up. We were well and truly dominating the game at that point too. 

Even in the second half he made the correct subs. He was just unfortunate that Soumare came on and decided to trot around the pitch.

i think we could of played 180 minutes today and not beat De Gea. 

Nothing unfortunate about Soumare its what he’s done in every single appearance he’s made for us. 

Edited by Dames
  • Like 2

He got the set up right today, can't fault that. Subs were ineffectual.

The strange thing is that we still seem to have this habit of starting slowly. Second half we just didn't turn up and before we knew it the game was gone.

He's up against the form team

In the league. United are third and for good reason too as they've been on it lately. Rashford turns everything he touches into gold. We have some mediocre defenders and a crap GK. Our team is being carried by our attack. Rodgers isn't the man but today he couldn't do much else. He had us playing in the first half.

Edited by Koke