Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 24/10/2021 at 23:52, SO1 said:

Rodgers is not leaving here mid season for anyone unless Top wants him out.

If someone wants me to quit my job and give no notice its hard for me to trust or take them seriously. And Celtic is not the same given the relationship between the front office and Rodgers towards the end.

Rodgers knows what a "fill in" manager is.

If Man Utd came in for Rodgers and paid Leicester off, he would go in a flash. Midseason or not. Current maliaise or not, Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world and no self respecting manager would turn down the opportunity to turn them around, let alone one with the self confidence that Rodgers has.

Edited by jim5000
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

If Man Utd came in for Rodgers and paid Leicester off, he would go in a flash. Midseason or not. Current maliaise or not, Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world and no self respecting manager would turn down the opportunity to turn them around, let alone one with the self confidence that Rodgers has.

Perhaps we'll see who has to visit the "confessional". Should the need arise. lol

The Man Utd job is a bigger project than people think, they need a fair few players to compete for them premier league. If Rogers were to go I fear his first two buys would be youri and fofana and then maybe a Castagne to be squad player at left and right back. I’m concerned if United are genuinely interested in him 

13 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

The Man Utd job is a bigger project than people think, they need a fair few players to compete for them premier league. If Rogers were to go I fear his first two buys would be youri and fofana and then maybe a Castagne to be squad player at left and right back. I’m concerned if United are genuinely interested in him 

That's depressing, 3 of our quality players playing for Man U makes me feel sick 🤢

5 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

There is zero chance that could happen. Any settlement would prevent poaching the players.

Serious question.

Do people turn the Manchester United job down, knowing the Manchester City job may be vacant soon? 

I’d say Rodgers has a good chance of getting that, so may not be tempted by Manchester United? 

Why go to Man U so soon when it is likely that he may be sacked within 12-18 months and he could then enter the manager round robin of being hired and sacked through numerous clubs? If Leicester can give him the assurance that the job is his for longer, it is rare in this day and age to be able to continue a project for 3+ years. Rodgers is still young as a manager and he can easily find a top club job after this one but he would be ill advised to go to Man U right now (with all the crap there) and give up all he has built here. He may not get another chance like Leicester. He must choose his next top job very carefully and I would say Man City is much more attractive.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

money-sniff.gif.b29584b914e2178510a7d7a318bd117a.gif

8 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

This. And their squad doesn't need too much over a couple of windows. 

Rodgers would love to manage Ronaldo etc... Let's be honest 

Ronaldo's best days are behind him and I sense that re-hiring him was a publicity move to keep the fans happy. 

I suspect that a ego-heavy player such as him or Ibrahimovic can be difficult to blend into a team, especially for an as yet an unproven manager trying to impose his personality.

Ole is no Fergie. Neither is BR - I guess he works his 'magic' by befriending and supporting his players. Egos like Pogba's and Ronaldo's need a different approach. 

He might be tempted, but the way United are set up, as a cash-cow for the Glazers, means it's no longer fit for what its rep demands. He'd be a brand manager rather than a football coach.  

Ole was part of the old boys network otherwise he wouldn't have got the job because he's no real experience.

Rodgers, whatever we and the media hardly has a cv that sets the world alight and hasn't the gravitas of a big name. Zidane has however and would tick all their boxes. I would suspect talks have even been ongoing for a while. Oh, and he's very available at the moment!

The United job is a poisoned chalice for Rodgers at the moment. It'll take time for him to imprint his style, but no way the fans or pundits give him that time. He's better off letting someone do the Claude Puel job of changing to a possession based team and then picking up the pieces if he even wants that job. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just like those who think Man Utd would be interested 

I'd agree, I think that are more palatable options on the market then an ex-Liverpool Manager.

57 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

OGS is managing to hang on for a bit longer anyway, and Conte has let it be known he would be open to taking the job, Zidane and even Potter mentioned, nothing about Rodgers.

They are probably hang on for the international break on the 13th. They aren't going to want the new Manager to have deal with the next 3 fixtures Spurs, Atalanta and Man City, with no preparation. 

Watford on the 20th is the prefect game for a new manager.

Utd have a nasty November fixtures wise.  

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Why go to Man U so soon when it is likely that he may be sacked within 12-18 months and he could then enter the manager round robin of being hired and sacked through numerous clubs? If Leicester can give him the assurance that the job is his for longer, it is rare in this day and age to be able to continue a project for 3+ years. Rodgers is still young as a manager and he can easily find a top club job after this one but he would be ill advised to go to Man U right now (with all the crap there) and give up all he has built here. He may not get another chance like Leicester. He must choose his next top job very carefully and I would say Man City is much more attractive.

.. I  would say the manager who takes the job after Pep is on a hiding to nothing!!!

Any success is down to the quality he inherited, and any short comings will be down to him and his team.