Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

31 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

He got the set up right today, can't fault that. Subs were ineffectual.

The strange thing is that we still seem to have this habit of starting slowly. Second half we just didn't turn up and before we knew it the game was gone.

Yep the starting lineup was spot on as were our approach, and for the best part of the first half we were the most likely team to score playing against the current top ranked form team.

But for a couple of defensive brain farts and Ward seemingly walking past Rashford as passed into the net for their second we'd still have been in it.

That and a supposedly outlawed studs first, straight legged knee cruncher which VAR took all of 5 seconds to dismiss as being totally fine (well you are playing Manc Yanited at old truffles so wind yer necks in little Lesta)

Could and should have been a different game. Was hoping to be dancing on the table tonight but hey ho.

Edited by DanDare
  • Like 1

I'm no fan of BR but what's he supposed to do with a liability in Faes, a newbie in Souttar, a guy in Castagne who blows hot and cold whenever he feels like it and a 20 year old kid from Denmark who hasn't even been capped by his country yet and a ****ing donkey in goal. Critics will say he signed all of them which is true but that back line as a unit will not get us above 12th.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 4

Just now, Koke said:

I'm no fan of BR but what's he supposed to do with a liability in Faes, a newbie in Souttar, a guy in Castagne who blows hit and cold whenever he feels like it and a 20 year old kid from Denmark who hasn't even been capped by his country yet and a ****ing donkey in goal. Critics will say he signed all of them which is true but that back line as a unit will not get us above 12th.

:soyuncu:

United played the usual blinder with their hard done by Casimero red the other week.

We deserved nothing for our 2nd half performance but the officials will give you nothing at OT and that will never change.

The commentators couldn't have been further up Utd's arse all game, either 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm no fan of BR but what's he supposed to do with a liability in Faes, a newbie in Souttar, a guy in Castagne who blows hot and cold whenever he feels like it and a 20 year old kid from Denmark who hasn't even been capped by his country yet and a ****ing donkey in goal. Critics will say he signed all of them which is true but that back line as a unit will not get us above 12th.

lol Faes isn't a 'liability' - he's had some tremendous performances for us and was superb last game against Spurs. Christensen looks to be a great acquisition and a massive improvement on Thomas and I'm sorry to say, JJ since his brief return from injury. Unfortunately we used to have some bloke called Chilwell at LB but many on here and in the KP decided that he was crap too and gave him a load of shit. I'm confident that Souttar will settle in well but I do agree that for all his strengths, Castagne can be found wanting far too often. The issue is more a lack of confidence in the bloke between the sticks I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Such a spoil sport, was going to point out he signed them all and then read that bit lol

Ward side, it’s a capable back line, for me it’s more about mentality. Last week heads were up and aside from the early goal, we looked solid. First cock up today was communication between Faes and Souttar which could be due to early days together as a partnership. After that heads dropped.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yes. We wasted chances again and should have been leading. I'm waiting for the "we don't create" comments now..

Quality in player showed today. No pissing about from Rashford, two strikes straight on goal, no wanting to bend it etc, he needed one chance to score and took it. We needed about five more chances.

First half we were good, really good for half hour, and I enjoyed it even when we went behind. 

Second half we were pathetic.

Our chances were against an in-form world class Goalkeeper.

Theirs weren’t. 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

What worries me is that he’s put that second half performance down to being sloppy in possession, as he often does. His go-to solution for that is to emphasise ’control’ and taking care of the ball, which may cause us to lose a lot of what has made us so good against Villa, Spurs and in the first half today.

Not really. We were so sloppy in that second half, couldn’t even control the ball and we played long hopeful balls that didn’t really have any chance of coming off. The Villa and spurs games we had more control and we chose the right moments to play more direct passes.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Not really. We were so sloppy in that second half, couldn’t even control the ball and we played long hopeful balls that didn’t really have any chance of coming off. The Villa and spurs games we had more control and we chose the right moments to play more direct passes.

Oh I agree, but we’ve had a real directness about us recently and I fear that Rodgers natural tendencies will drain that out of us as he attempts to tighten us up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find the way Rodgers talks in his interviews are confusing. He brings his tactics talk into the questions asked. All this final 3rd , mid half.... Only he knows what he's on about

He never answers a questions simply the way it's asked

Can't help thinking some of the players probably don't understand him

• Haha 1

What we’re all hoping for.

Rodgers leaves by mutual consent in Summer, Potter gets the sack and chelsea. 

Potter gets named Leicester manager days after. Gets a beastly warchest for a rebuild, buying young fresh players and implementing a quick and slick style of attacking football.

8 hours ago, Ricey said:

Oh I agree, but we’ve had a real directness about us recently and I fear that Rodgers natural tendencies will drain that out of us as he attempts to tighten us up.

I really don’t think that’s it. I don’t think the direction or general principles have changed over the last few games, I think the players just have a bit more confidence about them.

Our defensive record post World Cup is horrendous. 

16 conceded in 8 games. 
16.9 xG conceded.

We’re 19th for goals conceded and 19th for xGA. So much for a turnaround lol 

They had 26 shots and 8 on target yesterday, far too easy to play through.

Edited by Stadt