Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Difference in management was clear in the how the players came out in the second half.

Ten Haag must have given them what for.

BR must have shown our players his shopping list which he compiled during the 2st half on his notepad!

• Haha 1

Guest Kopfkino

I find the fact that Ndidi didn’t come on with Tielemans strange. I get the rationale for Soumare, he wanted more quality on the ball and a midfield that could string more passes together than the 2 that started the 2nd half managed.

But the problem we had 2nd half was once Sancho was in the 10 role, they exploited the gap between our defence and midfield and we were all over the place. In reality, by the time the subs came, the game was gone but just sit Ndidi in there. It could have been a lot worse in the end, they had endless 4v4s on our back line.

Beaten by a better team and what killed us was not taking advantage of the first half where Utd didn’t play well and we exploited that until the final ball. Criminal to go in 1 down by giving the ball away too cheaply and then not being able to press it

10 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

I find the way Rodgers talks in his interviews are confusing. He brings his tactics talk into the questions asked. All this final 3rd , mid half.... Only he knows what he's on about

He never answers a questions simply the way it's asked

Can't help thinking some of the players probably don't understand him

If he were a road sign 

2C8B7E02-21E6-47B1-A2FF-EDE11E153361.jpeg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Difference in management was clear in the how the players came out in the second half.

Ten Haag must have given them what for.

BR must have shown our players his shopping list which he compiled during the 2st half on his notepad!

Tbf one manager thought about which very expensive player to bring off the bench  ..  and the other didn’t have that luxury .. chuck in several missed chances and a red card that the ref decided not to bother with ..  and it’s batter the manager time ..  :thumbup:

Having said that ! ..   his substitute selection was sh1te !! 

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

I really don’t think that’s it. I don’t think the direction or general principles have changed over the last few games, I think the players just have a bit more confidence about them.

There has been a lot more one touch passing and runs forward with the ball (even Mendy is doing it!). We’ve even looked to get it in behind a few times, which even with Daka and Vardy playing we used to be reluctant to do.

I am done calling for him to go. It's obvious this man will be here when I pass on. 

He really has taken the enjoyment out of watching my Leicester team. I won't be renewing my season ticket unless someone comes and takes him off our hands. 

I put alot of blame on BR but football hasn't been the same since covid, it just doesn't mean as much as it did before. Amazing what a bit of perspective can do. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dames said:

He might have had a point at the time but now especially since the FA Cup win we are in a worse position than when Rodgers inherited us. Man for man our starting 11 is worse than the one from his first full season and literally everything about the club is worse. 

There is no justifying the fact that a man that is paid 10 million pounds a year has made us worse in every possible metric and standard. It is not good enough. 

The decline is a disgrace. 

This is the team in his first home game against Fulham nearly 4 years ago. Notice how all nearly these players have declined or permanently broken. 

Screenshot_20230221_104615_Google.thumb.jpg.118496344441bdc44cf3481b5b10944a.jpg

• Thanks 2

My desired 11, would give this lot a run for their money….

knowing both sides can hit form walls & some more heavy injuries

(that’s why no Ricardo or Evans..Kloned into 2nd choice)

Iverson

Justin.       Souttar   Faes.      Krissi

Mendy

KDH.   Maddison

Tete.                          Barnes

Nacho

I would love to see Vardy in this set up,but Nacho,though not so good last time out,still created, & brilliant save from De Gea ..is in the driving seat.

Until I have see Iverson have 10 straight games, and eventral career building opportunity,no one can say if he has Schmeichel potential or not.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

This is the team in his first home game against Fulham nearly 4 years ago. Notice how all nearly these players have declined or permanently broken. 

Screenshot_20230221_104615_Google.thumb.jpg.118496344441bdc44cf3481b5b10944a.jpg

Eh?

Madders and Barnes better than ever. 
Evans and Vardy are just at the end of the careers. 
Youri much the same. 
Riccy P the victim of two injuries. 

Ndidi is the only player who’s regressed with no good reason. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Eh?

Madders and Barnes better than ever. 
Evans and Vardy are just at the end of the careers. 
Youri much the same. 
Riccy P the victim of two injuries. 

Ndidi is the only player who’s regressed with no good reason. 

Tielemans has fallen off a cliff. Evans,  Kasper and Vardy have not been properly replaced. Ricardo and JJ are broken beyond repair. Maddison is the only one who is better now than he was in 2019. Barnes goes long periods of being terrible. That team on 19/20 would cook this current team.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

Tielemans has fallen off a cliff. Evans,  Kasper and Vardy have not been properly replaced. Ricardo and JJ are broken beyond repair. Maddison is the only one who is better now than he was in 2019. Barnes goes long periods of being terrible. That team on 19/20 would cook this current team.

Most of the issues you cite are about poor recruitment. Can’t lay that one on Rodgers’ door. 

1 hour ago, ChrisFilter said:

Most of the issues you cite are about poor recruitment. Can’t lay that one on Rodgers’ door. 

As others have said, he’s had far much more to do with it than most managers with the head of recruitment being ‘his man’.

But it’s the clubs fault for allowing that. Managers should come in and fit the system not the other way round.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisFilter said:

Really? Didn't he and his mate Congerton get involved at all then? Didn't he openly claim to have a say in it? Did not the profile of some of our signings under his tenure change?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Koke said:

If you look at that team, and compare the it to what we have now:

Ward is a huge downgrade on Kasper and will need to be the main priority im the summer.

Ricardo has been unfortunate with injuries, but has largely been replaced with a solid consistent 7/10 full international in Castagne.

Evans had just come to the end of his career, but now replaced with Faes.

Harry Maguire sold for 80 million and replaced with Souttar - early days but looks solid.

Chilwell - both JJ and now Kristiansen look as good, if not better, with 50 odd million profit.

The midfield trio are all still here, Ndidi worse, Maddison 100% better and Tielemans about the same levels.

Gray has been replaced by Tete, a huge improvement.

Vardy is coming to a natural end of his career - Daka was the heir to the thrown, but hasn’t really kicked on. Iheanacho now has that role - but I don’t think you can replace your greatest ever player all that easily.

Barnes is getting better - despite the stock he gets on here. It’s been a long road back from his injury, and without the support on his side, his numbers will show he’s not declined at all.

Overall, if we can replace two of greatest of all time, I’d say after the recruitment this window, we are better man for man than when he arrived add to this that’s been done for no real nett spend and brought some of the best memories we’ve had as a club along the way.

The one glaring area of weakness is Ward for Kasper and will need sorting out asap. 

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 2