Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Overall, if we can replace two of greatest of all time, I’d say after the recruitment this window, we are better man for man than when he arrived add to this that’s been done for no real nett spend and brought some of the best memories we’ve had as a club along the way.

The one glaring area of weakness is Ward for Kasper and will need sorting out asap. 

good post, very measured but how are guys gonna FUME with rationale like this?

Holding Back GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Evans had just come to the end of his career, but now replaced with Faes.

Harry Maguire sold for 80 million and replaced with Souttar - early days but looks solid.

Wish them well but they have a long way to go before they are at Evans and Maguire's standard and with Wilf's decline our central defense is vulnerable, occasionally very vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Who precisely should he pick from our plethora of keeper options?

the mystical unicorn Iverson who people on here see *checks notes* precisely never to judge his ability however, Rodgers is purposely picking the more dog shit keeper of the two because *checks notes* he wants to lose football matches. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, lifted*fox said:

the mystical unicorn Iverson who people on here see *checks notes* precisely never to judge his ability however, Rodgers is purposely picking the more dog shit keeper of the two because *checks notes* he wants to lose football matches. 

Did you know that he was the bestest ever keeper in the Championship? Makes you think. 

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Yet despite seeming to undermine himself, is in it just for himself apparently. Can only assume he is playing some Machiavellian 4D chess. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

They're judging his worth based on his loan and then saying he should be given a chance. Rodgers stubbornly sticking to his guns is hardly news. That said, since we're fully in a relegation scrap, I'm not sure how much of an opportunity we have to give him a match or two.

• Like 2

It's not necessarily that he doesn't rate Iversen; it's that he rates Ward highly, it appears. 

Iversen is not the saviour but Ward has had his time. Let's hope we survive and prioritise a new goalkeeper because another year of this and we might not get away with it.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do get the calls for Iversen as there are plenty of potential positives, how well we would be served by further disruption in our weakest area is anyones guess though

My main gripe with the lack of opportunity Iversen has been given, is that it seemed the club had actually planned very well for him to step up when Kasper eventually left, he's had numerous successful loans spells, moving up a level everytime (bar returning to Preston). Instead we plumped for the guy sat on his arse for years, we're at a point where we won't recoup what we paid for Ward, however even if we don't see Iversen as a long term choice if we bring him in and he proves to be at least competent at this level we could make a decent wedge on him.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Was anyone impressed with iverson's distribution? Looks dreadful to me.

No different to Ward then really, good example of him actually being a bit calmer then Ward was against Walsall. Bouncing ball that he clearly misjudged but he did the job and cleared it, we've seen Ward flap in situations like that.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Probably, but it would be nice to actually see Iversen at this level. Could turn out to be sensational for us and save us money that could be spent elsewhere

Makes me wonder if promises were made (to Ward) about being first choice once Kasper left

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Admittedly not seen Iversen play except for the 4 cup games he's played for us. But the stats suggest he's a better keeper than Ward. I suspect BR doesn't rate Iversen's distribution (which has looked clumsy whenever I've seen him).

Screenshot_20230221-2027352.thumb.png.2752276971e61190555387b957fdb075.png

Spot on. I’ve been told by quite a few people now, that he doesn’t rate him “with the ball at his feet”. 

This surely also rules us out of Lafont, I was also told we’d taken a look at Zetner, who’s contract is up in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Why is this trending is he getting sacked again?

Actually think that we'll get a result personally but, lose on Saturday, this section of the forum might not be easy on the eye..

• Haha 1

It’s not just Rodgers who holds the opinion on Iversen at the club. 

I see a lot of people make valid points about Iversen but if he was as highly rated from

last season as Preston fans reckon, why has no PL club considered bringing him as a progressive no 2 leading up to no1. Saints for example brought in Bazuma

Ward here to play 

Iversen here to warm the bench.

This is Brendan Rogers way.

He absolutely destroyed a world class defender whom Atheletico Madrid and Inter Milan fighting for securing him at the moment.

In the meantime, he brought a defender from EFL relegation battler and an another defender from Ligue 1 mid tier team, told us that they will be our saviours.

The tragic part of this soap opera is  there are many LCFC supporters out there really believing this bullsh*t.

How about we just give him the keys of the club building? This MF already taken entire LCFC  community for a hostage anyway .

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kiwiturk said:

Ward here to play 

Iversen here to warm the bench.

This is Brendan Rogers way.

He absolutely destroyed a world class defender whom Atheletico Madrid and Inter Milan fighting for securing him at the moment.

In the meantime, he brought a defender from EFL relegation battler and an another defender from Ligue 1 mid tier team, told us that they will be our saviours.

The tragic part of this soap opera is  there are many LCFC supporters out there really believing this bullsh*t.

How about we just give him the keys of the club building? This MF already taken entire LCFC  community for a hostage anyway .

Rules you out my friend 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s not just Rodgers who holds the opinion on Iversen at the club. 

I see a lot of people make valid points about Iversen but if he was as highly rated from

last season as Preston fans reckon, why has no PL club considered bringing him as a progressive no 2 leading up to no1. Saints for example brought in Bazuma

How do you know teams weren't interested, we could have said no? Iversen might have said no thinking he was perhaps going to be number one? If the opinion of Iversen is so low at the club they should have sold him in the summer and actually signed a first choice keeper. Struggle to take anything anyone at the club thinks of the keeper situation seriously as they think Ward is the answer.