Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

We haven't even seen Iversen at this level, so not sure you can call it criminal. It's criminal we haven't even given him a go

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

How do we know though? Not even seen Iversen play he could be a top goalkeeper and raved about while on loan in the championship. It’s baffling why Rodgers hasn’t give him a chance 

There's something wrong somewhere. If he was a "top keeper" or anywhere near that then he'd have been given a chance by now. He's 25, not 18.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Board must have known Kasper was leaving. He spoke about it before. The fact they didn't act on that was stupid and I'm talking acting in the years before Kasper left.

Unless they all believe Ward is good enough.

Said this a few times, I was told Kasper was off while in Randers so they definitely did and decided Ward was good enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There's something wrong somewhere. If he was a "top keeper" or anywhere near that then he'd have been given a chance by now. He's 25, not 18.

Perhaps Rodgers just doesn't like him? It happens, perhaps he's not as good with it at his feet as Ward? 

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Board must have known Kasper was leaving. He spoke about it before. The fact they didn't act on that was stupid and I'm talking acting in the years before Kasper left.

There was only one way to find out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not sure that's fair, how old was Kasper when we got promoted to the PL similar age? 

As Kasper did, Iversen has done his apprenticeship in League 2, 1 and the championship. 

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose you could look at it that way, but its true is it not? He played in the championship which is an inferior division to the EPL. What word could I have used that does not have negative undertones?

Would rather start neither, but here we are  :dunno:

..there are numerous players who have plied their trade in the Championship, Madders was picked up from there, we are surely not using this as a benchmark!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

To me it was a good calculated descision,to try the next 2 guys on the block…

We invested in them…!!! Give them a chance.

What the fans didn’t calculate, that Rodgers after W.Cup didn’t give Iversen his chance…I do believe any player also GK deserves a long run in the side,

new B.line..etc…I don’t believe he’s made that many mistakes as some FTerswill have..

but IMO his alround GK awareness, & straight forward GK basics skills,after 

to be fair nearly 6 months,plus Wcup…just seem rightly get a lot of flak from the terraces.

Who over 60 yrs have had the fortune, in average,relegation, championship ( divII) PL struggles & PL highs seasons to know what a decent GKeeper is, 

Danny is falling off the cliff,he will never get better…All other for mentioned GKeepers kept us in games,or were the last man standing,even over longer periods…That should be in any LCFC managers  knowledge & understanding…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..there are numerous players who have plied their trade in the Championship, Madders was picked up from there, we are surely not using this as a benchmark!!!

It can form part of a metric but agree not a complete one. Hardly comparable to Maddison though is it? As Iversen was our player before the Championship loan

The keeper debate is the best example of yet another way in which the club is currently poorly run.

We had two goalkeepers behind Kasper who have been nurtured and invested in. We have a keeper on loan at Hartlepool. I’m not sure what’s happened to Brad Young. So four keepers as well as a first choice keeper yet when that first choice leaves, not one of them is apparently ready to step up to first team football. 
We went through a defensive crisis and the only young player from the development squad ready to help was Luke Thomas. There’s a case for saying he wasn’t fully ready either. Calvin Bassey left.
And there’s no striker who could be called upon if all our three strikers lose form or get injured. 
It begs the question, what has happened to our development squad under Brendan? It used to compete with the best in the land - it’s going to be relegated this season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How many times have you seen Iverson play out of interest? 

6 times, not many I know, but he has looked very average every time. Terrible on the ball, which he could get away with in the lower leagues as he just had to clear it, would be a disaster in the premier league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Despite us scoring plenty, Brendan’s style results in the most passes per shot in the league. 

I'd like to see a comparison of average of actual passes per goal. I bet one of the lowest in the league

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1