Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

His post match comments are very fair 

Brendan can say what he wants apparently. Some fool (can’t remember who) took exception to challenging him because according to said fool (and I quote) he “gets results”. 

To avoid arguing with said fool again. Whatever Brendan says is fair. 

21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We had chances to counter in the first half and didn’t use them. We were more aggressive in second half as evidenced by the foul count. 

I happen to think he talks crap most of the time and today was a rare occasion of agreeing with him post match 

that's not a measure of aggression given its so dependent on the referee. a good measure of aggression is PPDA (passes per defensive action), where a defensive action is a tackle, interception or attempted tackle, so how much do you let them play before applying defensive pressure - we were allowing 15.72 passes by arsenal before applying defensive pressure, which is standing off quite drastically (i.e. not aggressive play)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

There have been some absolutely honking teams in the league that have had to play the big boys in 6 years as well.

Sad thing is people will still defend this and claim we are lucky to have the manager we have. 

• Like 2

It’s like he’s ‘sorted’ all the problems from the Villa and Spurs games. He probably couldn’t cope with the direct play and had to calm it all down. Really getting fvvked off with the amount of respect he shows the top 4 without giving it a go. Such a negative manager. Get rid, no matter what. 

• Like 2

End of the day, this could’ve all been done and dusted long ago had folk actually voted with their feet 

But no, there’s an incessant need for people to claim they’re better fans by continuing to attend. This isn’t about being unhappy with a defeat, it’s not about being a sore loser, it’s not about being entitled either (remember that phrase from 18 months ago?)

It’s about trying to salvage the future of the club. Top’s never going to change anything whilst the ground is nigh on full every other week.

People in here moan about Rodgers almost as much as me. Yet also by reading their posts on here are still attending the games?

I honestly think everyone still doing that will have blood on their hands should we go down this season. My mates included. And yes I’ve told them that too.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

End of the day, this could’ve all been done and dusted long ago had folk actually voted with their feet 

But no, there’s an incessant need for people to claim they’re better fans by continuing to attend. This isn’t about being unhappy with a defeat, it’s not about being a sore loser, it’s not about being entitled either (remember that phrase from 18 months ago?)

It’s about trying to salvage the future of the club. Top’s never going to change anything whilst the ground is nigh on full every other week.

People in here moan about Rodgers almost as much as me. Yet also by reading their posts on here are still attending the games?

I honestly think everyone still doing that will have blood on their hands should we go down this season. My mates included. And yes I’ve told them that too.

If the vital decisions made by our club depend on the fans to force it then we are done for anyway. 

• Like 4