Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you discount the first 7 games of the season, we've supposedly improved and turned our season around. We've averaged 1.35 points since and if that continues we will end up on 42 points.

The way this season is going, that will leave us still in a relegation battle right to the last few games / final day.

It's so tight down there I find it quite astonishing how anyone can be confident we aren't in any danger. Without Maddison we cannot win a game of football and his issues seem to not be going away.

Rodgers blind spot continues to be Danny Ward and although we've started to turn games that we go behind in, I still have no faith in our bench being the difference maker in games.

Vardy since the World Cup is like playing with 10 men, he's a pointless sub. I'd honestly rather we put Souttar up front when we are chasing games, in the 4 years Rodgers has been here he's never built a squad that can cover different in game situations. You can call the outcome of games we are in very very quickly these days and it's a sad indictment. 

If Rodgers does leave any time soon, we will be in a worse state than he found us. 

We are already in a worse place, with a better squad than he inherited. When Puel was sacked we were mid table and 8 points off relegation and at a very similar time in the season. We had 32 points from 27 games and Puel got the bullet …….

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s a fair comment but it’s missing the point  completely 

...he is right!!!

I can not recall if it was Martin O'Neill, who said that it was the supporters who get you sacked, not the players.

The actions of the supporters who go to watch the games appear to be content in what they see. If they are not content they show little outward dissatisfaction. They are probably not aware of the power they have or the opportunity to weild it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm intrigued as to what team talk he gives to the players before they come out. Arsenal had an attempt on goal within a minute of the start each half, one a goal. We never seemed fired up for any games. Even in the games against villa and spurs we conceded first. 

Does he just talk tactics and possession!? He certainly can't motivate the team. Some might see him as a good coach, but for me he's not a manager. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We are already in a worse place, with a better squad than he inherited. When Puel was sacked we were mid table and 8 points off relegation and at a very similar time in the season. We had 32 points from 27 games and Puel got the bullet …….

I still think Puel's sacking was premature personally and relatively knee jerk......and I think it was because we were not aesthetically pleasing to watch in the main (aka how we were all last season and certainly the lion's share of this one to date despite some spikes re the away win at Villa and home win over Spurs - and arguably in our few matches before the world cup) and as he had the audacity to drop Vardy from the starting line up for one game! Also we had of course been spoiled by a mad level of unprecedented success in the four years prior his sacking. In short he was unlucky as much as Rodgers is still lucky to be in his position really.....

Edited by Guy
  • Like 2

Two defeats on the spin so I wouldn't think we're too far away from him starting to complain about the squad again, in spite of his apparent satisfaction with it earlier this month. I'm quite looking forward to it actually, I imagine it will feel like the warm embrace of an old friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Abject performance was a manager who has clearly run his course. So many changes needed both on and off the field this summer that I simply can’t see Top having big enough cahoonas to make the bold decisions needed to get the club back onto a positive track. 

If BR stays it will be much the same next season even with a refreshed the squad. The excuses he will use will include:

1. New players need time to settle in.

2. Squad is full of young players so need patience to mature and develop. 

3. We’ve been unlucky with injuries.

4. We’re working hard on the training field and all we need is a little “luck” to change our fortunes. 

By Nov 2023 more fans will be calling for his head as we languish in the bottom half of the table battling yet another relegation. Some fans will still back him to turn it around but the voices of dissent will grow and Top will be forced to act. 

7 hours ago, StonyFox said:

I'm intrigued as to what team talk he gives to the players before they come out. Arsenal had an attempt on goal within a minute of the start each half, one a goal. We never seemed fired up for any games. Even in the games against villa and spurs we conceded first. 

Does he just talk tactics and possession!? He certainly can't motivate the team. Some might see him as a good coach, but for me he's not a manager. 

... I have asked that question many times!!!

They seem unprepared when they come out, as if they have had a nap and have just woken up.

Pretty much the Forest game had them fired up, or it might have come from the players.

• Like 2

The simple fact is we have a better chance of stopping up with someone else in charge. Baffled the owners can’t see this. His stubbornness not to even change formation yesterday was shocking but expected because he never does. He’ll have his excuse of playing mid week if we don’t get anything at Southampton. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I have asked that question many times!!!

They seem unprepared when they come out, as if they have had a nap and have just woken up.

Pretty much the Forest game had them fired up, or it might have come from the players.

Maybe, like Lineker and Micah Richards last night on MotD, the team have accepted that, without Madders, they don't have a cat in hell's chance of winning.

Tielemans is the only player with the technical skill and game comprehension who could sub for him and he's now one of the cast-aways. 

The nickname 'Rigid' would suit Rodgers. He cannot adapt his thinking to field a team which can compete with enough spirit to challenge opponents. With Maddison they at least do have a focus and some inspiration. Without him they absolutely lack cohesion. I thought that renovating the defence was the answer but, like another Poster on here wrote, Rodgers seems to suck the spirit out of them with only Maddison able to resist the hypnotic-like lethargy with which he imbues the players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hope Chelsea take him from us. Wouldn’t that be lovely! If only pigs can fly.:mellow:

I feel this is the only way out for us, that another club takes him off our hands, the wider world seems blinded by his media persona, that he is an elite manager and plucky little old Leicester are holding him back.

Because sure as damn it he ain't getting sacked, the longer it goes on and I release the situation I feel unless another club comes in for him I see him here until his contract ends.

Of course then there comes a crossroads, do the club extend his contract? Surely they can't?! If someone approaches us for him, do they reject any approach? Or do they attempt to offer him a new contract? Probably and possibly. :cry: 

I just don't see an end to this nightmare. It's like we're a social experiment.