Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I feel this is the only way out for us, that another club takes him off our hands, the wider world seems blinded by his media persona, that he is an elite manager and plucky little old Leicester are holding him back.

Because sure as damn it he ain't getting sacked, the longer it goes on and I release the situation I feel unless another club comes in for him I see him here until his contract ends.

Of course then there comes a crossroads, do the club extend his contract? Surely they can't?! If someone approaches us for him, do they reject any approach? Or do they attempt to offer him a new contract? Probably and possibly. :cry: 

I just don't see an end to this nightmare. It's like we're a social experiment.

Nobody will come in for him though. Because outside of the media everyone can see the terrible job he's doing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am slightly concerned that we are on the verge of another sulk. He wanted another attacking player to provide cover and whilst he club very nearly landed Jack Harrison, the failure to do so, does make me think it gives Brendan the opportunity to bemoan lack of options/depth when Maddison is unavailable. 

strange that he went with Praet rather than slot Iheanacho into the 10 role and bring in either Vards or Daka up top. I like Praet as a player and think he is a decent squad option but more as a box to box no 8 rather than the chief creator.  What was criminal from yesterday was not only our lack of shots and nothing on target, but more so our failure to win a corner, if you are going to play so defensively then you have to look at trying to use set pieces as an attacking threat especially now we have such an imposing threat in Souttar. 

I could not believe what I saw yesterday! Not a single shot on target - not a single corner - hardly a tackle and barely any forward movement. J*s*s Chr*st, Brendan, is this the culmination of FOUR YEARS WORK??

No kidding, Rochdale would've put on a better show than us. IT'S PATHETIC - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB -You are turning us into a laughing stock and with you in charge:- relegation certainties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 years in charge and he admits that Arsenal are well ahead of us.

This was 3 years ago. People wonder why I'm not rimming the man. Most teams are well ahead of us now cheers Brendan, carry on it at this trajectory and there'll be at least 20 teams well ahead of us while we haven't got a pot to piss in.

image.thumb.png.e4d4dadd23499e5eb5235de3b18cac67.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some of these comments are deranged. How you’ve convinced yourselves that there’s some secret agenda in the media to make Brendan loved is crazy, we’re barely even mentioned most of the time. Considering how extreme some of these posts are you’d think it was the end of the entire football club, when in reality we lost 1-0 to top of the league. 

I think a change in the summer would probably be a good idea, but Brendan’s done a fantastic job at this club and has probably achieved more than most managers ever will with us and more than most mangers at non big 6 clubs ever will. 

• Like 2

Hopefully at the end of the season he will go. 

One of the things that really bugs me is his mentality and how quick it changes. I don’t think there’s any surprise we see such rancid performances under him after he’s rendered half the team shit. His ability to turn on his own players is dreadful, and it’s completely counter productive. 

My fear is that we have no plans for Brendan’s succession, and we’re going to end up stuck in this hellish limbo for years. 

• Like 1

This reminds me, albeit on a smaller scale, of Wenger's latter years at Arsenal where the fans had completely gone toxic. Rodgers has been successful here but at some point it'll be Puel level toxic amongst the fan base.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MattFox said:

This is nothing to celebrate…

Cant believe theirs people replying to this praising him, Leicester fans as well

Won our first FA Cup:scarf: I know people see looking back on success as weird, but oddly find looking back and constantly regurgitating failure as support

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

This reminds me, albeit on a smaller scale, of Wenger's latter years at Arsenal where the fans had completely gone toxic. Rodgers has been successful here but at some point it'll be Puel level toxic amongst the fan base.

Think this is fair, it has gone toxic, a period of change is overdue across the club 

• Like 2

So long as he is staying….

When he dares his charges to play on the front foot,and he doesn’t go into a defensive mind set,he’s a bloody good manager.

The soon as he try’s to come out with a defensive “ masterclass” he fails.

when he try’s to erase eradicate,the fearless foxes spirit he fails.

Hes lost his mojo to dare his players..

He can’t think out of the box…

# Bring in Iverson

# Praet was worth a try,might work against teams below top 5 but he could of dropped Nacho back and introduced either Daka or Vardy..

# Go 3 at the back,and use Praet to help KDH

# Stop playing Barnes & Tete on Backfoot,one must stay forward as the get out.

# a novelty I know..but we have 2 wingers,play them as such,and use them.

# I have no idea..but why again at home, did we not trust ourselves to go forward

that we couldn’t force 1-2 corners,

and at least 3-5 shots towards that thingy-mi-jig,with nets around it…

So Brendan don’t think too much, just organise your players to try and attack the oppos goal..Most important thing Trust & believe your players somewhat more..

oh don’t you dare lose against Blackburn, you have historical duties and fans who rightly scream,you owe us one…!!  :trumpet:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So long as he is staying….

When he dares his charges to play on the front foot,and he doesn’t go into a defensive mind set,he’s a bloody good manager.

The soon as he try’s to come out with a defensive “ masterclass” he fails.

when he try’s to erase eradicate,the fearless foxes spirit he fails.

Hes lost his mojo to dare his players..

He can’t think out of the box…

# Bring in Iverson

# Praet was worth a try,might work against teams below top 5 but he could of dropped Nacho back and introduced either Daka or Vardy..

# Go 3 at the back,and use Praet to help KDH

# Stop playing Barnes & Tete on Backfoot,one must stay forward as the get out.

# a novelty I know..but we have 2 wingers,play them as such,and use them.

# I have no idea..but why again at home, did we not trust ourselves to go forward

that we couldn’t force 1-2 corners,

and at least 3-5 shots towards that thingy-mi-jig,with nets around it…

So Brendan don’t think too much, just organise your players to try and attack the oppos goal..Most important thing Trust & believe your players somewhat more..

oh don’t you dare lose against Blackburn, you have historical duties and fans who rightly scream,you owe us one…!!  :trumpet:

He wont do this.  His ego wont let him

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Might suprise us all ( most), and see us at least go deep in FA.cup,

and next season,with or without our star players,push again into a more seasons top 7 side..

He’s got it within him,has he enough deep down gut wenching balls to find that swinging staff between 2 balls to do it..??

37 minutes ago, filbertway said:

4 years in charge and he admits that Arsenal are well ahead of us.

This was 3 years ago. People wonder why I'm not rimming the man. Most teams are well ahead of us now cheers Brendan, carry on it at this trajectory and there'll be at least 20 teams well ahead of us while we haven't got a pot to piss in.

image.thumb.png.e4d4dadd23499e5eb5235de3b18cac67.png

Surely the difference is that Arsenal backed their manager through 8th and 5th place finishes, and spent over 350 million net to create this squad, while Leicester have spent just 35 million net in the same time period (according to Transfermarkt)?

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Big Nige would have laid into everyone after yesterday's performance but in a clever way where he doesn't single out anybody in particular (perhaps only the ref) but it feels like everyone gets a shot across the bows, including the fans.

Imagine this question from the media:

"Arsenal were too good for you today?"

Brendan would answer "they're a great team with a great coach who has been backed well by the owners. I have great respect for what they're trying to achieve and today highlights the difference between us and them"

Big Nige "we know what Arsenal are going to come here to do, we have talked about this all week but if we are going to turn up and play like that then you can forget it!"

You almost always get a reaction the next week without any of the sickly nonsense spouting from Rodgers' mouth. 

Oh god I miss NP and the way he managed the media and the squad. 

Brendan is too concerned about people saying nice things about him. I still maintain that we persisted with the debacle of zonal marking last season because he was determined to get a puff piece written proving he was right. 

I wonder what the owners opinion will be if we lose another 3 games, making it 5 on the bounce… again… whether they’ll think “you know what, we were responsible for the summer, but we’ve backed him now and still we are a poor show… time to change manager” 

If we do lose to Southampton (I'm confident we will) I’m sure there must be some discussions internally… surely.

I couldn't care less about this FA Cup and 5th crap right now, we are in big trouble. 

Maximum Over Rustle GIFs | Tenor

things could be going better sure, but silver lining is; I'm almost enjoying watching the guys who've completely lost their mind over Rodgers more than the football at the moment. 

guys are waking up seething, spending all day on FT seething, going to sleep seething, probably dreaming absolute FUME.

I heard Rodgers is selling his house as he currently gets free rent in so many people's heads he doesn't need to live there anymore. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Big Nige would have laid into everyone after yesterday's performance but in a clever way where he doesn't single out anybody in particular (perhaps only the ref) but it feels like everyone gets a shot across the bows, including the fans.

Imagine this question from the media:

"Arsenal were too good for you today?"

Brendan would answer "they're a great team with a great coach who has been backed well by the owners. I have great respect for what they're trying to achieve and today highlights the difference between us and them"

Big Nige "we know what Arsenal are going to come here to do, we have talked about this all week but if we are going to turn up and play like that then you can forget it!"

You almost always get a reaction the next week without any of the sickly nonsense spouting from Rodgers' mouth. 

Oh god I miss NP and the way he managed the media and the squad. 

Sorry but I’m fed up of this shit. I’m fed up of people who wanted Pearson out now reminiscing over him and comparing him to Rodgers. 

Threads like what I’ve linked below show the exact same people who bring up Pearson now, asking for him out then. The same people wanting the manager out when something goes wrong :rolleyes: 

I love Pearson and never once wanted him out, but get real, he has spent the last two seasons at the bottom end of the second division. No comparison to Rodgers who is having his first relegation battle in a division above. And people who get pissed off with Rodgers criticising the fans? Give me a break. Pearson literally told fans to “don’t come then” for criticising, among other things.

• Like 3