Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but I’m fed up of this shit. I’m fed up of people who wanted Pearson out now reminiscing over him and comparing him to Rodgers. 

Threads like what I’ve linked below show the exact same people who bring up Pearson now, asking for him out then. The same people wanting the manager out when something goes wrong :rolleyes: 

I love Pearson and never once wanted him out, but get real, he has spent the last two seasons at the bottom end of the second division. No comparison to Rodgers who is having his first relegation battle in a division above. And people who get pissed off with Rodgers criticising the fans? Give me a break. Pearson literally told fans to “don’t come then” for criticising, among other things.

Bristol City look to be coming good, he seems to have found a club who are willing to give him the time needed to build the club up. I hope they make a late run for the playoffs and come up.

Tbf, clubs like Derby and Watford were basket cases so I don’t think his record is as bad as people make out.

I think whatever Pearson said, at least he was direct. It was never sly or hidden behind self preservation. It was born from genuine feeing the pressure and wanting the best for the club.

Like you, I never wanted him (or Puel) for that matter to be sacked.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Chelsea fans needn't worry, Brendan will roll out the red carpet and bend over covered in baby oil when they rock up in a couple of weeks

I was thinking the same when they said Chelsea hadn't won away since October. Next away game : LCFC - nailed on away victory!

• Like 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

I asked this elsewhere but are we still to skint to sack him?

Come the summer will we be in the position where he'll either walk or we'll struggle along with him for the length of his contract?

You would imagine it is possible with plenty finishing their contracts this Summer, but if the actual appetite is there to do so  is another question

I've come to accept we'll float around the middle or lower of the table, relying on our excellent scouting, occasionally going on impressive runs, selling a big name occasionally, seeing more and more players running down contracts, occasionally seeing an academy player being given a half arsed chance, and being far from our previous ambitions. I'd like a bit more ambition but I'm not sure we can afford to get in someone with a vision.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I've come to accept we'll float around the middle or lower of the table, relying on our excellent scouting, occasionally going on impressive runs, selling a big name occasionally, seeing more and more players running down contracts, occasionally seeing an academy player being given a half arsed chance, and being far from our previous ambitions. I'd like a bit more ambition but I'm not sure we can afford to get in someone with a vision.

...I  feel your under selling the club!!!

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

We're properly stuck with this joker aren't we?

Yep. Successfully lowered standards and has fooled people into thinking we're not substantially underperforming. We're two thirds in and on course for less than 40 points. It's sickening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Let's get the Celtic manager here Ange Postecoglu, seems to be doing wonders at Celtic and his star striker Furuhashi s ores a brace against Rangers in the cup final today

Please no - this would be a disaster for any PL club. 

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Let's get the Celtic manager here Ange Postecoglu, seems to be doing wonders at Celtic and his star striker Furuhashi s ores a brace against Rangers in the cup final today

Only two clubs in Scotland regardless of who you are if you manage them you look good. We made that mistake with Rodgers don’t let’s make the same mistake again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Only two clubs in Scotland regardless of who you are if you manage them you look good. We made that mistake with Rodgers don’t let’s make the same mistake again

And Gerrard looked half decent too. 

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but I’m fed up of this shit. I’m fed up of people who wanted Pearson out now reminiscing over him and comparing him to Rodgers. 

Threads like what I’ve linked below show the exact same people who bring up Pearson now, asking for him out then. The same people wanting the manager out when something goes wrong :rolleyes: 

I love Pearson and never once wanted him out, but get real, he has spent the last two seasons at the bottom end of the second division. No comparison to Rodgers who is having his first relegation battle in a division above. And people who get pissed off with Rodgers criticising the fans? Give me a break. Pearson literally told fans to “don’t come then” for criticising, among other things.

Oh **** off. You're comparing a newly promoted side to an established top team side. I'll ask a question, when has Brendan Rodgers ever took us up a league, never mind 2 like Pearson? Anyone who prefers BR to Pearson is one of three things: a Johnny come lately, long term memory loss, or a coot.

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Is he your dad or something lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MattFox said:

This is nothing to celebrate…

Cant believe theirs people replying to this praising him, Leicester fans as well

If u you up read faceboook comments it’s all praise for him there must be loads of comments the club deletes genuinely baffles me. I just can’t believe this charlatan is still in charge of our club 

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

4 years in charge and he admits that Arsenal are well ahead of us.

This was 3 years ago. People wonder why I'm not rimming the man. Most teams are well ahead of us now cheers Brendan, carry on it at this trajectory and there'll be at least 20 teams well ahead of us while we haven't got a pot to piss in.

image.thumb.png.e4d4dadd23499e5eb5235de3b18cac67.png

Great post and this is why his tenure will end up such a disaster. We’ve gone from a team full of exciting young prospects worth a lot of money to a team with a couple of good players and loads that want to leave / let their contracts run down. Does the the board not think why the layers don’t want to sign new deals? It’s cos of Rodgers ffs. We lost Kasper who’s still a top keeper, gonna lose Soyuncu, Tielemens, probably Maddison. He needs to go before we genuinely have no decent players left that he hasn’t replaced with absolute sh*te

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

With Pearson year on year we got better. 

With Rodgers year on year we have got worse.

I want a manager who can build, not dismantle.

Exactly, Pearson and Puel equal builders, and you will see the club get stronger year on year with a manager like that.

Rodgers and Ranieri (although glove Claudio for what he did do), are able to come in and do well with what the builder has left them but then it gets worse.

For me, I liken Rodgers to a failing car at this point in terms of the board not sacking him if it is indeed due to money.

At first, you do the repair to keep the car going. Then another issue happens and you feel committed and do the next one. This continues and it gets to a point where you would have been better off biting the bullet initially and investing in a new car at the start.

It feels like that with Rodgers, we have gone so far down the line now, many opportunities come and gone to make the change and make that early investment to save money long term.  Even without relegation if we stay up, lost revenue from league players and squad value crashing will add up probably to more than the cost of making the change a while back.

But, either the board have a deluded opinion that he’s suddenly going to bring back the good times or they are in the money trap of having gone so far down the line they are just hoping to tread water, stay up and not spend big replacing him.