Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I asked this elsewhere but are we still to skint to sack him?

Come the summer will we be in the position where he'll either walk or we'll struggle along with him for the length of his contract?

We just bid £20m for bloody Jack Harrison, sacking Rodgers is a years wages and the replacement who'd cost way less than that so from an accounting perspective over the next 12 months is essentially the cost of the new manager.

This isn't the reason, we have to acknowledge that Top absolutely loves Brendan, we are powerless in the current numbers on doing anything. The overwhelming majority of our match going fans don't share the view you would assume from social media and platforms like this. That's what baffles me.

The best hope is there's a frank and honest conversation in the summer and Brendan fancies a new challenge but accepts he's not earning £10m a year anywhere else again and that he knows he can't just dig in and keep picking up that money until 2025. He needs to go and prosper again elsewhere and I'm sure he will do.

This won't be the last successful period for Brendan at a club, but I'm as sure as I have been on anything that the next success that comes his way is far more likely at another club than here, he has now contributed to the situation where we are worse than when he found us 4 years ago.

He isn't fixing us any time soon, just like our injuries aren't going to stop any time soon or that we are going to stop being horribly passive in long stretches of games, usually at the start of games. Momentum and lasting change don't work like that from environments and regimes that have caused it. Once the dynamic shifts, getting back to how he worked 4 years ago is utter fallacy and a pipe dream.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MattFox said:

This is nothing to celebrate…

Cant believe theirs people replying to this praising him, Leicester fans as well

We’ve had a lot to celebrate with him at the helm tbf, just because he’s a busted flush now and we do need a change there’s no need to rewrite history just to serve a narrative.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

His "we clearly aren't going to go and win 6 or 7 on the trot" comment got me at the weekend. I mean, of course, it's highly unlikely, but I don't want my managers saying things like that. I want them to believe in the players and believe that anything is possible. Inject some belief and optimism into the place.

I just think he's a manager that is now quite far detached from what resonates with Leicester fans. We are a set of fans that have seen the impossible happen in front of our eyes and although we don't expect that to happen again, having a manager constantly talk down our chances and constantly talk down the quality of the players is draining.

"Before we came in the club was happen just to stay up", "We can't compete with the big clubs", "Players careers are short, I total understand why <insert player here> may want to test themselves at a higher level", "Our aim is just to get to 40 points this season", "The quality of the players is what it is, I just have to make the best of it".

No wonder the whole club feels flat.

Yup when he's gone I will start supporting us again, can't be arsed with it atm ....mainly down to the manager 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

His "we clearly aren't going to go and win 6 or 7 on the trot" comment got me at the weekend. I mean, of course, it's highly unlikely, but I don't want my managers saying things like that. I want them to believe in the players and believe that anything is possible. Inject some belief and optimism into the place.

I just think he's a manager that is now quite far detached from what resonates with Leicester fans. We are a set of fans that have seen the impossible happen in front of our eyes and although we don't expect that to happen again, having a manager constantly talk down our chances and constantly talk down the quality of the players is draining.

"Before we came in the club was happen just to stay up", "We can't compete with the big clubs", "Players careers are short, I total understand why <insert player here> may want to test themselves at a higher level", "Our aim is just to get to 40 points this season", "The quality of the players is what it is, I just have to make the best of it".

No wonder the whole club feels flat.

Scott Parker got sacked for less at Bournemouth.

Thing is it’s not just the club insiders that allow him to get away with it. I was speaking to some fans who I don’t know on Saturday I was blown away by their opinions, they were very much sticking up for him and when I challenged and debated with them their conclusion/attitude was “He’s going no where so we may aswell just accept that and get on with it/go along with it”.

I seen comments on here debating how people attitudes are to other fans, calling them derogatory terms, “Cuck’s” was one of them. Now rather than calling people names I’d rather have a discussion about it all but it’s not hard to understand with attitudes like the one given as an example.

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Still think Potter would suit our squad, wonder if Chelsea fancy a swap deal…

Why, he's shown the complete opposite? I fear there is just an elevated reputation thingy going on with Potter, much the same as with Brendan. If a foreign manager had Potters record at Chelsea, the press would be having a field day and there would be little regard for their mental health. Really don't see the appeal and why people think it would work out here. 

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I asked this elsewhere but are we still to skint to sack him?

Come the summer will we be in the position where he'll either walk or we'll struggle along with him for the length of his contract?

I don't even think the most humble of managers in the modern day game walk away from payouts. 

Just listened to his post-match. Same thing every week, bemoans a "lack of aggression".

If you're saying the same thing about the players under your management week in, week out, surely you have to recognise there's a problem? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Still think Potter would suit our squad, wonder if Chelsea fancy a swap deal…

Reckon they’d both do excellently for their new respective sides. Potter could revamp us from top to bottom behind the scenes and rebuild for the future, Rodgers could give them someone they crave - a manager who’ll spend large on useless players and overfill a squad that they can moan about when it underachieves. It’s win-win all round.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm so BORED. It's almost inexcusable to create literally nothing in a game, sticking Souttar up front and smashing the ball up to his head for 90 minutes would likely have created at least one opening. 

'Oh im sorry was the 3 top 8 finishes and an FA cup not enternatining enough for you?????' pending. 

43 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I don't even think the most humble of managers in the modern day game walk away from payouts. 

if i remember rightly, Mickey Adams was our last manager to walk. I cant think of anyone at prem clubs recentlty off hand.

3 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

if i remember rightly, Mickey Adams was our last manager to walk. I cant think of anyone at prem clubs recentlty off hand.

and you can't blame them for not walking. footballs a fickle game so even if Rodgers did take us down, he'd still get a top job elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just listened to his post-match. Same thing every week, bemoans a "lack of aggression".

If you're saying the same thing about the players under your management week in, week out, surely you have to recognise there's a problem? 

Its also his team and its a team in his image after 4 years here. His defenders won't tell you that though and will continue to blame the players. 

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm so BORED. It's almost inexcusable to create literally nothing in a game, sticking Souttar up front and smashing the ball up to his head for 90 minutes would likely have created at least one opening. 

Exactly this. I've seen people say 'What do you expect it was against Arsenal'. As much as I don't like the stat we've had the lowest xG in a Premier League game in the past 6 years.

There have been some awful awful teams that had to play those dominating Man City and Liverpool teams in those 6 years and still managed to create more. 

No excuses anymore. He's busted, finished and found out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

With Pearson year on year we got better. 

With Rodgers year on year we have got worse.

I want a manager who can build, not dismantle.

Ffs enough with his NFP obsession. He will not come back, we need to look to the future. The club needs new blood across the board not refer back to a manager who has barely had any success and at any other club he has ever managed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

100% 

With minutes to go, we are taking short thrown-ins!

Why not stick the big guy up and chuck it in the mixer?

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Why, he's shown the complete opposite? I fear there is just an elevated reputation thingy going on with Potter, much the same as with Brendan. If a foreign manager had Potters record at Chelsea, the press would be having a field day and there would be little regard for their mental health. Really don't see the appeal and why people think it would work out here. 

Well for starters Leicester won’t buy him over £500m of talent that doesn’t suit his style of coaching. Potter has been successful at almost every club he has managed. With a little bit of time and smart investment he would do a decent job with us. His style and personality just isn’t the right fit for Chelski, but having assessed his coaching style he would be good fit for us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

Ffs enough with his NFP obsession. He will not come back, we need to look to the future. The club needs new blood across the board not refer back to a manager who has barely had any success and at any other club he has ever managed. 

I wouldn’t want him back just himself but NP, Shakey and Steve Walsh all returning would be a different question. I just want a management team that shows steady progress.

I understand this is very difficult to achieve at any club, with few recent examples apart from Klopp at Liverpool, Arteta at Arsenal, Pep at City and Potter at Brighton, currently Ten Haag at Utd 

10 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

Well for starters Leicester won’t buy him over £500m of talent that doesn’t suit his style of coaching. Potter has been successful at almost every club he has managed. With a little bit of time and smart investment he would do a decent job with us. His style and personality just isn’t the right fit for Chelski, but having assessed his coaching style he would be good fit for us.

Agree with this with Potter, he’s being shafted by the board. No way would any manager sanction all those signings must be a nightmare to manage 

• Like 1