Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

30 minutes ago, LCFC1984 said:

Well for starters Leicester won’t buy him over £500m of talent that doesn’t suit his style of coaching. Potter has been successful at almost every club he has managed. With a little bit of time and smart investment he would do a decent job with us. His style and personality just isn’t the right fit for Chelski, but having assessed his coaching style he would be good fit for us.

So you don't know, but you think he's ok so he should just work?

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm so BORED. It's almost inexcusable to create literally nothing in a game, sticking Souttar up front and smashing the ball up to his head for 90 minutes would likely have created at least one opening. 

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

100% 

With minutes to go, we are taking short thrown-ins!

Why not stick the big guy up and chuck it in the mixer?

iTs NoT tHe WaY tO pLaY fOoTbAlL tHoUgH!¡!¡!¡!

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Why, he's shown the complete opposite? I fear there is just an elevated reputation thingy going on with Potter, much the same as with Brendan. If a foreign manager had Potters record at Chelsea, the press would be having a field day and there would be little regard for their mental health. Really don't see the appeal and why people think it would work out here. 

I don’t think Potter is a major factor in what is going on at Chelsea tbh. Their squad is far too big, lots of pissed off players, fractured group, not working for each other, many of them clearly want out after having their places challenged. You can see on the pitch a number of them are not happy.

And comically it’s partly because they spaffed too much money on too many new players at once. The owner just went nuts buying everyone available. 

Lots of the old guard will be sold/released in the summer. Until then it’s a near possible job to turn that mess into a cohesive unit. Steve Cooper has a similarly hard job but at Chelsea it’s with a bunch of high ego players who all expect to be playing every week at a top club, and some aren’t even registered in the squad. The training ground will be pretty toxic. 

Potter has done great work everywhere he has been until rocking up at Chelsea. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Exactly this. I've seen people say 'What do you expect it was against Arsenal'. As much as I don't like the stat we've had the lowest xG in a Premier League game in the past 6 years.

There have been some awful awful teams that had to play those dominating Man City and Liverpool teams in those 6 years and still managed to create more. 

No excuses anymore. He's busted, finished and found out. 

I mean, that we created less at home than Huddersfield did going to Man City and Liverpool in 18/19 should be an immediate sacking offence tbh

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ricey said:

His "we clearly aren't going to go and win 6 or 7 on the trot" comment got me at the weekend. I mean, of course, it's highly unlikely, but I don't want my managers saying things like that. I want them to believe in the players and believe that anything is possible. Inject some belief and optimism into the place.

I just think he's a manager that is now quite far detached from what resonates with Leicester fans. We are a set of fans that have seen the impossible happen in front of our eyes and although we don't expect that to happen again, having a manager constantly talk down our chances and constantly talk down the quality of the players is draining.

"Before we came in the club was happen just to stay up", "We can't compete with the big clubs", "Players careers are short, I total understand why <insert player here> may want to test themselves at a higher level", "Our aim is just to get to 40 points this season", "The quality of the players is what it is, I just have to make the best of it".

No wonder the whole club feels flat.

That is where he fell down,and lost me….We had grown out of that 40pt talk,he is being payed to get us automatically playing,challenging,competing at 64pt level.

EUROPE!! hopefully achieving now and then that odd season success..

Again our aspirations grew on the back of our “ fearless foxes” character..

We broke through that sound barrier of even 44 pts but earned the right to aspire to 58pts+ if not more…

We assailed one of our best ever quality  Squads, and he was brought in to accompany & guide us to higher goals…and given the wages that go with such high hopes…

and he throws out excuses,false lower aspirations,

and continually delivers performances that are anti football, even now with attack minded players…and having 3 new shrewd investments….offers Saturdays mire of

kick around…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Which is good, so there are examples of this, I'm intrigued to hear of a manager in Potters' siutation that has made it work especially so quickly.

Loads of managers have to take over mid-season with a squad they don't want, normally with a crap squad, not one full of talent. 

Tuchel came in January and won the CL, made the FA Cup final and finished 4th.

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It took Pep a while at Man City to get it to work. He's only been there a short period and their transfer strategy is beyond ridiculous. 

True, but two wins in 15 in the league and six goals in those games is poor with the quality at hand.

Man City finished 3rd with Pep, with 23 wins and 78 pts. 

Just now, Wymsey said:

You do wonder, after hearing his comments in the recent past, whether Rodgers wants to stay here in the longer-term.

Tbh, after the success he's had with us, if I was him then I'd expect to be shown a bit more love from the fan base. I probably wouldn't want to stick around long-term, either. 

The money in his contract and facilities he has to work with would probably be the 2 things keeping me from walking away. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Tbh, after the success he's had with us, if I was him then I'd expect to be shown a bit more love from the fan base. I probably wouldn't want to stick around long-term, either. 

The money in his contract and facilities he has to work with would probably be the 2 things keeping me from walking away. 

Shown more respect how? 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2023 at 12:53, Koke said:

This reminds me, albeit on a smaller scale, of Wenger's latter years at Arsenal where the fans had completely gone toxic. Rodgers has been successful here but at some point it'll be Puel level toxic amongst the fan base.

I would love this to be right but I just don't think that is true.  Most Leicester fans seem perfectly happy with Rodgers even now. This site is more of an anomaly than the norm when it comes to wanting rid of Brendan.

Such an apathetic fanbase.  If we went down he would go and so would a lot of the glory supporters.  Starting again with a new man in charge and a squad to build.  I think it would be easier to build back in the Championship as we have so many players moving on this summer.  I still worry what our squad will look like next year with Rodgers at the centre of the rebuild.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm so BORED. It's almost inexcusable to create literally nothing in a game, sticking Souttar up front and smashing the ball up to his head for 90 minutes would likely have created at least one opening. 

And the like for like subs. The lack of urgency when we are losing is criminal.

I've seen us in 2002 with Bassett and Taylor's shocking team and Micky Adams' cloggers two years later take on brilliant Arsenal teams and score, let alone shoot once in a while. Saturday was disgraceful, let's not disguise it.

• Thanks 1

I know most look at 0 shots on target & assume we weren't having a go or were camped in our own half & therefore It may be hard to believe, but we had more touches in the final third against the Gunners than we did in the 4-2 win over Villa. They were just nowhere near as efficient, creative, or threatening when they got there. In every foray forward, the man on the ball either lacked options – because there were not enough players busting a gut to get into the attack or because ineffective off-the-ball runs were being made – or they lacked vision, composure, and courage to pull off the right pass

but that doesn't fit the so called Brodgers ball party line right :dunno:

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I know most look at 0 shots on target & assume we weren't having a go or were camped in our own half & therefore It may be hard to believe, but we had more touches in the final third against the Gunners than we did in the 4-2 win over Villa. They were just nowhere near as efficient, creative, or threatening when they got there. In every foray forward, the man on the ball either lacked options – because there were not enough players busting a gut to get into the attack or because ineffective off-the-ball runs were being made – or they lacked vision, composure, and courage to pull off the right pass

but that doesn't fit the so called Brodgers ball party line right :dunno:

Mate, we had one shot in the entire game and it was from about 30 yards

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Mate, we had one shot in the entire game and it was from about 30 yards

I get that but it wasn't because we weren't getting up there which is how its being interpreted in that Rodgers was playing it safe, or & i'm sure some will use this, that we got up there but Rodgers told them not to shoot!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah you're right. It was wave after wave of attack. We just couldn't get a shot away

So you guys read your own ideas into everyone’s thoughts not just Rodgers then?

The point is we had more possession in the final 3rd than we did against Villa where we scored 4 which to me suggests we weren’t told to rollover and take it up the hoop but just couldn’t replicate the output of the Villa and spurs games 

• Haha 2