Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

It's a fair point but financing could not be as simple as we think it is.

Those transfers could well be spread over a fair bit of time whereas Brendan would need a lump sum immediately.

And in as far as relegation goes it's riskier to try a new manager than to try a new left back.

would the pay off not be basically paying his salary for the remaining period of his contract? if we can't afford to get rid, we can't really afford to keep him either

13 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The thing i hate about xG is it obviously doesn't take into account that if you take the lead you are less likely to have more attacks because you don't need to. So maddison can score a couple of shots outside the box when we are on top, like the forest 4-0 demolition, with a low xG and then your team naturally defends a bit more later on. 

Then morons come out after and say oh but our xGs were similar. It's a pointless and tedious comparison. 

Having said that there is no excusing 0.01

Yes and who even needs an xG stat when we all saw we had 0 shots on target.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

would the pay off not be basically paying his salary for the remaining period of his contract? if we can't afford to get rid, we can't really afford to keep him either

No idea. But I know there's a crazy situation where some companies have no money to employ new people but for some reason they have the money to pay for incredibly expensive contractors over large periods of time. If it is a financial problem we're having there could be some strange situation like that. Or yeah Top has fallen in love with Brendan.

On 27/02/2023 at 12:43, Chelmofox said:

So you don't know, but you think he's ok so he should just work?

If I could predict the future I'd be rich wouldn't I? No one knows what a coach is capable of until they are afforded the right team and conditions in which to succeed. Chelski is def not the right club for Potter to ply this trade, however Leicester could be a good fit. BR has run his course and NFP should not be welcomed back as manager. Good managers with PL experience are a premium & Potter has proven that on a modest budget & with time he can produce good footballing teams that can genuinely challenge the established 6 in the PL. Nothing is certain but with a limited budget any manager/coach taking over from BR will have it tough for a few years. 

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'm saying that it's used as the main stat by anyone now to prove who should have won when there is the obvious things like that it doesn't take into account. 

There's definitely nuance and on a game by game basis that should be remembered but a more alarming stat than the Arsenal showing for me is that we have the 19th highest xg for in the league. Are we really putting that all down to game state? In reality it's because we don't create many chances. Just imagine how many we'd score if we actually created a lot.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's definitely nuance and on a game by game basis that should be remembered but a more alarming stat than the Arsenal showing for me is that we have the 19th highest xg for in the league. Are we really putting that all down to game state? In reality it's because we don't create many chances. Just imagine how many we'd score if we actually created a lot.

and this is where the metric should be used. given how regularly we go behind this shouldn't be dismissed as game state, this is what I was warning about back in August, we've got a huge lack of attacking intent generally being bailed out by Maddison and Tielemans regularly having a bangers only contest 

Regardless of the score tonight, Rodgers ain't leaving anytime soon. We really are a shambles. Commentator said before the game there isn't a lot between Leicester and Blackburn and I laughed. He was actually right. If anything Blackburn are better than us. Of course, we have many players missing but that's Brendans decision not to pick his strongest available side. Can understand it in some ways as we have so few good players to choose from and we need them at the weekend when we play Southampton. He needs to make at least 2 subs at ht if we're to get back in this. Personally I'd hook Thomas, Amartey and Soumare 

• Like 1

Can't deny that the players lacking confidence doesn't help but it's so clear to see that all the core issues stem from his coaching (or lack of). Amount of extra touches, passes backwards, slowing of the tempo is obviously manager instruction and no player wants to be that negative.

All attacking intent coached out of of them, and any semblance of defensive organisation not even being coached. Playing Ricardo in this inverted role is an utter waste too, especially as Tete want to cut inside.

As somebody else put it the other day, his plan B will be the same as plan A with different personnel.

• Like 3

Make no mistake the set up and piss poor tactics are killing this squad. We look impotent and pedestrian in everything we do. Blackburn from the championship are proving what a well organised and well structured team can perform, whilst our elite manager oversees yet another tactical disasterclass. Remember when we used to be fearless, we are now toothless and that is on you Brendan. Get out before you completely destroy the good work of the last 13/14 years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1