Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

More rumours circulating that he will be off to the Blue side of Citeh at the end of next season.

I'm cool with that, if our managers step up to a £billion team after a spell at LC then they must have done OK. I'm sure the owners will be thinking of who next and that will be a really hard decision for the owners. Do they go big name, can they go big name. Or do they go again for a manager in remission as Rodgers was at Celtic recuperating from his spell at Liverpool? The next managerial appointment is going to be far more pivotal than the last in the direction up, down or sideways that the club takes.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

There's more chance of him going to Barcelona, than Man United.

As others have mentioned, he speaks Spanish and they often go for managers of smaller clubs. 

Koeman has got to be on borrowed time there.

Nah, Xavi has just declared his interest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bazly said:

More rumours circulating that he will be off to the Blue side of Citeh at the end of next season.

I'm cool with that, if our managers step up to a £billion team after a spell at LC then they must have done OK. I'm sure the owners will be thinking of who next and that will be a really hard decision for the owners. Do they go big name, can they go big name. Or do they go again for a manager in remission as Rodgers was at Celtic recuperating from his spell at Liverpool? The next managerial appointment is going to be far more pivotal than the last in the direction up, down or sideways that the club takes.

Pretty confident they will unearth a gem to take us forward . Of course one option might be to hand the whole process over to Foxestalk to conduct a poll and choose between Graham Potter and Ralph Hassenhuttl lol

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  would say the manager who takes the job after Pep is on a hiding to nothing!!!

Any success is down to the quality he inherited, and any short comings will be down to him and his team.

True. Maybe it is actually better for at least the short to medium term to stay at Leicester even objectively speaking. Build a top class reputation first before moving on. Look at Moyes. He had some success at Everton but not enough to be labelled top class. He went to United and lost his reputation there - he was not given enough time in fairness. He is only now just rebuilding his reputation with West Ham after spending years in limbo. Unless you are already at Pep or Mourinho level (and he is not), it could be hard to rebuild your career if you go to Man Utd or City too early with all pressure and fail to immediately have success on the pitch. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

True. Maybe it is actually better for at least the short to medium term to stay at Leicester even objectively speaking. Build a top class reputation first before moving on. Look at Moyes. He had some success at Everton but not enough to be labelled top class. He went to United and lost his reputation there - he was not given enough time in fairness. He is only now just rebuilding his reputation with West Ham after spending years in limbo. Unless you are already at Pep or Mourinho level (and he is not), it could be hard to rebuild your career if you go to Man Utd or City too early with all pressure and fail to immediately have success on the pitch. 

Good post, if UTD look back on it, they may be in a great position if they stuck with Moyes now. Certainly a far better manager the ole 

I’ll give him this, the last week has been his best week in management with us.

The way he’s negotiated the last 3 games after our sticky start has been more impressive than what he achieved initially with us.

Hes adjusted, he’s changed, he’s realised and he’s changed the formation and tactics.

Dropping underperforming Barnes despite how good he was before his injury, bringing in Soumare and finding a system that works in the middle bringing the best out of Youri, getting Madders back in the CAM role and giving him confidence, realising Castagne could give us much more at LB than the others, bringing the best out of Vardy and getting Nacho involved more than he seemed to ever want to.

I said at the start of the season that this season will be his biggest test and we’ll see what he’s made of. The start was kind of how I expected - harder to push for top 4. The way he’s turned it around and made big decisive decisions has been the best I’ve seen from him.

Long way to go and it’s only been a week but credit where credits due.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Top clubs, who are at the very top for along time have managers who are bigger personalities and bigger than than the players they manage.

Ferguson at Man Utd, Mourinho at Chelsea, Wenger at Arsenal, Pep at Man City.

Man Utds biggest problem at the moment is Pogba and Ronaldo in particular are bigger personalities and bigger egos than Ole. 
If anyone is going to have success their they need to be the biggest personality at the club - as much as I lover Brendan Rodgers, he would walk into Carrington and he wouldn’t instantly command the respect of the dressing room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Top clubs, who are at the very top for along time have managers who are bigger personalities and bigger than than the players they manage.

Man Utds biggest problem at the moment is Pogba and Ronaldo in particular are bigger personalities and bigger egos than Ole. 
If anyone is going to have success their they need to be the biggest personality at the club - as much as I lover Brendan Rodgers, he would walk into Carrington and he wouldn’t instantly command the respect of the dressing room.

Ego without a sense of reality and a clear objective is a must to avoid - Pogba believes he is bigger than the club and Ronaldo has gone past the point where his actual contribution outweighs his salary.

Were BR deluded enough to take on United, he'd have to transfer several players out immediately. Cavani is the only 'legend' who's worth his wages.

Solskjaer was a sop choice for those fans who are deceived enough to believe in sentimentality over ruthless ambition. It's the Glazer hierarchy that are betraying United - and long may it continue.

They used to be an admirable side under Busby - because he was the "iron fist in a velvet glove". Fergie was utterly single-minded - loved by the fans and hated/admired in equal measure by others.

Both, like Wenger and the 'Boot Room' succession at Liverpool (Shankly and Paisley in particular) established a dominance over the club, but never sought to be bigger than their clubs.

Brendan isn't the guy they need. The more I see of Thomas Frank, the more I can see him as a potential United manager, but to cliché it, United is the 'poisoned chalice' out of which many an ego has drunk and failed to survive the experience.

Edited by gerblod
Changes to poor wording.

4 hours ago, teblin said:

Good post, if UTD look back on it, they may be in a great position if they stuck with Moyes now. Certainly a far better manager the ole 

I've no doubt Moyes would have them competing at the top end consistently. He might be a bit old school but he's a top manger.

They should have stuck with him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I've no doubt Moyes would have them competing at the top end consistently. He might be a bit old school but he's a top manger.

I don't think he would if I'm honest. Despite Everton being historically one of the most successful clubs in the country, managing Manchester United is a completely different animal. He showed his naivety on many occasions managing in his time there. I'm quite happy that he has managed to restore his reputation since though. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

The style of play needed to compete for the league title is completely different for what West Ham can play.

Prior to West Ham, Moyes had been poor at Sunderland and Sociedad too

35 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't think he would if I'm honest. Despite Everton being historically one of the most successful clubs in the country, managing Manchester United is a completely different animal. He showed his naivety on many occasions managing in his time there. I'm quite happy that he has managed to restore his reputation since though. 

Wenn Moyes took over, that squad was finished...

Ferguson had rightly...took it right to the end,drained the last Particles of past quality...

Moyes needed support within & from the whole management, it would of been a nose dive for any manager...

I reckon there just wasnt a top Elite manager capable or available, for that Nds rebuilding phase Manutd needed..

I Dont know why, why fans go off on managers with only  deridary  statements , when trying to take on the Big jobs ( any jobs)..

In the circumstances ,I believe Moyes should have been given more Time & understanding of what " The club" had to do from their side....I

Proof...They took on so called bigger names, they also haven t pulled up any grass..!! 

Manutd still are a massive club, but hanging on. The whole modern Manutd set-up is now being questioned..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think you're entirely right. If the right manager could harness Ronaldo then he could be a great motivational asset as he sets himself the highest of standards and expects similar from others. I think Zidane has the gravitas for both the other players and Ronaldo. 

It's been said before that both Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola have asked that certain players were relieved of their duties before their arrival, sometimes because of their believed malevolent influence or sometimes because they're not deemed good enough. For me, Zidane could make such a strong statement by relieving Pogba of his duties who isn't worthy of wearing the United shirt imo. They'd be mad to sign him on a new deal and could perhaps at least get something for him in January. As well as proper coaching and organisation, some of those players need a rocket up their arse. 

19 hours ago, Bazly said:

Isn't that just the thinking that's been around for awhile that ManC have had BR lined up for the manager's job once Pepp' moves on? 

On 26/10/2021 at 11:32, jim5000 said:

I agree with the earlier post. While Rodgers would undoubtedly be a success at Utd, I’m not sure he fits their philosophy insomuch as he isn’t a ‘star’ name. Absolutely a great appointment for them, but they have shown over the past few seasons that they are not a club that makes sensible, rational, decisions about developing the team, their business model is based entirely off star names that bolster the brand and enable them to stay as one of the top 3 biggest clubs in the world in terms of column inches printed, and associated sponsorship contracts.

Brendan would sell a lot less shirts and noodle contracts than Zidane.

I dunno about that, I think they want a Fergie clone which is why they went Moyes, I think a Celt in charge, young enough for a long term appointment, I think the Liverpool connection aside he'd be right up their street, and I think they look at some of our players with envious eyes. Don't think their fans would mind either