Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

In truth I think I'm almost done with football. It has too much of an impact on my mood which is ridiculous when I have no control over what happens. I know you're meant to have unwavering support for your club and for 30 years or so I have but I can't pretend to be in support of this circus. Its not entirely a Leicester thing,  in general I find football far less entertaining than in years gone by and the media fascination with the big 6 is nauseating. I hope my love for it rekindles as Leicester city have given me some of the happiest times of my life but right now I'm drained by it all

I felt the same as you but now I don't really care as much.

Supporting Leicester has just become a emotional numb feeling for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I'm waiting for an ITK to come on saying he's gone, then I'll know we are stuck with him for the rest of the season. 

Jattdogg here, about as ITK as you can get around this forum with my deep connections from this side of the pond to the board......well, heard they've already drawn up the paper work with the lawyers and he is gone tomorrow 150%.  Just got to fax it over to his lawyers and all should be good. Can't see anything going wrong with that fax process. 

• Haha 1

Interesting after the Villa and Spurs game, many were questioning all those who were still in the out camp. Now the tide has turned and the sentiment has gone the other way. Regardless of which side you are on, each should have a more consistent longer term view rather than changing after every game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cannot wait for the day this cvnt is no longer our manager. Hopefully he thanks Tielemans, Iheanacho and Schmeichel especially for him being able to con £20mil out of us in the last two years.

Get out of here.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

This is what you deserve when you let a manager continue in a job he doesn't want to be in. He's made it known for over a year that he's not happy and not commited, and will jump ship at the first sniff of a similar wage.

He doesn't like the players he has, he doesn't like the fans, and is only here for the money, how the board have let this continue for over 12 months is beyond me.

No other club would be stupid enough to do it. Save us Al-Hilal or Galatasaray, our only hopes at this point.

6 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Really? 

Yes. We had a decent run of wins before the world cup and again in early Feb v Spurs and Villa. I think Maddison and Iheanacho will carry us to safety.

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Interesting after the Villa and Spurs game, many were questioning all those who were still in the out camp. Now the tide has turned and the sentiment has gone the other way. Regardless of which side you are on, each should have a more consistent longer term view rather than changing after every game.

Time always does its thing. The usual smug brigade out defending the disgraceful reduction in standards then having the gall to tell the actual realists they're the ones basking in failure. The flip floppers are clueless and should be treated as such. Nights like last night are karma.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

I don’t know whether it’s subconsciously a coping method or not but whilst being disinterested, disillusioned and apathetic about it all I’m not actually struggling with it all as much as I did last season.

I had to stop going last season because I genuinely could take no more.

I now just laugh and kinda just wanna see the world burn regarding the situation we find ourselves in, we’re too far gone and find ourselves too deep for me to be that concerned with it all, the constant bullshit that’s been (and still is) put up in defence of him.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE DO ME A BRENDAN RODGERS LITTLE CLAP GIF

I hope you use the podcast to stick to your guns and say you want him gone along with 95% of this board.

The others are still Brendan in aren't they? Give it a full five minute rant too!

• Like 2

He is not an elite, great, good or even decent manager.

For me, being a manager is about the overall performance and skill set. Rodgers has shown time and time again he has one plan, when that doesn’t work he has nothing else.

He shows failure to adapt whether that’s in game or to change the course of a run of form.

The one thing he has is that when it has worked, it has been great. This gives illusions of him being a great manager. No, he is excellent at the one thing he is good at which is being on the coattails of a team high in confidence. 

A good manager should show much more. They should be able to work in adverse conditions too. 

The job at Celtic is lauded as being unprecedented levels of success in terms

of the trophy haul consecutively. Even if some would say it’s disingenuous to point out Rangers weren’t in the equation at that time, this was an example of how he had a job that suited his one skillset. They never had competition or adversity so he was able to ride that.

Basically, put him in charge of a team at the top of a one team league he’ll do well. Unless it’s a big enough league that club is expected to compete in Europe of course!

• Like 3

PROS

fa cup win (really not counting Community Shield which is a pre season friendly which happens to be played at Wembley)

great, memorable performances: 9-0 Southampton, beating Man City, Spurs, United, PSV, Rennes.

some good signings  Fofana especially 

clever introduction of youngsters KDH and Thomas (which tbf worked for a while)

CONS

miserable no-show performances - Roma (a), Forest cup, Man City, Arsenal Saturday, Newcastle Carabao cup

capitulations - Bournemouth, Newcastle (several) Spurs 2-3

poor player development 

poor squad management 

decline of development squad 

injuries and injury management 

lamentable recruitment - Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumare, 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pete52 said:

I really like Rodgers and stick up for him a lot, but tonight he got it all wrong. Amartey and Thomas shouldn’t start together in a back 4 when we have other options now. 

And why wait until the hour mark/2-0 down to bring Praet and Thomas off for Kristiansen and Iheanacho? It was clear at half time that that was exactly what the team needed. 

His team selection and timing of subs tonight was baffling. 

He's so predictable in timing of subs around the 60 min mark every game. Needed to make changes before half time last 2-3 games