Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Sees "Rodgers" trending on Twitter.

Uh-oh.

Phew, it's Aaron Rodgers, an American Football player.

:D

ESPN’s Mark Ogden linking him with the United job, that’s why. The rumour mill rolls on.

Edited by FoxesWalk

The only potential positive if we did get poleaxed by Man Utd in the coming weeks for the gaffa - and I really hope it doesn’t happen - is that it’s very apparent Potter would be a ready made replacement who we should be able to attract in. His systems and style fit us very well and we’ve got a better squad for him to utilise his vision. 

Still hopefully Brendan stays with us and we continue forward, his only criticism has been he’s slightly slow to react when things aren’t going so well - but he does end up addressing them, like the system change this season back to the 3-5-2 which has taken the pressure entirely off Vards shoulders and allowed us to utilise our squad in a better manner 🦊 

• Like 1

Just now, TAFKA Castroneves said:

The only potential positive if we did get poleaxed by Man Utd in the coming weeks for the gaffa - and I really hope it doesn’t happen - is that it’s very apparent Potter would be a ready made replacement who we should be able to attract in. His systems and style fit us very well and we’ve got a better squad for him to utilise his vision. 

Still hopefully Brendan stays with us and we continue forward, his only criticism has been he’s slightly slow to react when things aren’t going so well - but he does end up addressing them, like the system change this season back to the 3-5-2 which has taken the pressure entirely off Vards shoulders and allowed us to utilise our squad in a better manner 🦊 

Potter was having friendly chats with a fair few of our players after the game on Wednesday, blokes getting in their ear so they ask for him as manager :thumbup:

• Like 2

Are we big enough to lure potter away from Brighton? Possibly but its not guaranteed. If rodgers leaves in 18 months Potter may feel he has taken brighton as far as he can but leaving now I can't see it happening but hey, I could be wrong.

I also dont know if offered rodgers would go to united. He knows he has a bad rep for leaving clubs and doesnt want to be considered a mercenary. Also he would look a right plonker if he left for united considering a week ago he said he would stay until the city job became available. Rodgers aint stupid and he knows it will hurt his brand more. Also cant help but think that united job looks liek a poisioned chalice as anything but winning with the squad they have would be a dismal failure.

Edited by TheFiveTime

5 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

Are we big enough to lure potter away from Brighton? Possibly but its not guaranteed. If rodgers leaves in 18 months Potter may feel he has taken brighton as far as he can but leaving now I can't see it happening but hey, I could be wrong.

I think our edge here would be the attraction of European football, Potter has managed in Europe before back in his Swedish days, I’d lean on that plus our squad and potential would be very attractive to him. Brighton have a project though so it wouldn’t be 100% cut and dry and it would all depend how far he wanted to see that project through as it could still potentially go further.

Rodgers I don’t think would go to United. Saying that knowing the Glaziers I imagine for the money involved they wouldn’t want Conte as the way they’ve stuck by Solskjaer strikes to me that they don’t want to be chopping or changing managers every season - Conte has a history of being a one/two season manager before getting a payoff and going off again.

Uniteds best shout if they could persuade him would be Diego Simeone by far. Zidane would probably lose the dressing room very quickly looking at his history of dealing with stronger characters.

As for Rodgers - long term going to Man City makes the most sense to me logically. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I think our edge here would be the attraction of European football, Potter has managed in Europe before back in his Swedish days, I’d lean on that plus our squad and potential would be very attractive to him. Brighton have a project though so it wouldn’t be 100% cut and dry and it would all depend how far he wanted to see that project through as it could still potentially go further.

Rodgers I don’t think would go to United. Saying that knowing the Glaziers I imagine for the money involved they wouldn’t want Conte as the way they’ve stuck by Solskjaer strikes to me that they don’t want to be chopping or changing managers every season - Conte has a history of being a one/two season manager before getting a payoff and going off again.

Uniteds best shout if they could persuade him would be Diego Simeone by far. Zidane would probably lose the dressing room very quickly looking at his history of dealing with stronger characters.

As for Rodgers - long term going to Man City makes the most sense to me logically. 

I don’t think they will go near Simeone because the initial outlay and his contract would be huge, highest paid manager in the world already I think

Zidane is apparently waiting for the France job as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

I also dont know if offered rodgers would go to united. He knows he has a bad rep for leaving clubs and doesnt want to be considered a mercenary. Also he would look a right plonker if he left for united considering a week ago he said he would stay until the city job became available. Rodgers aint stupid and he knows it will hurt his brand more. Also cant help but think that united job looks liek a poisioned chalice as anything but winning with the squad they have would be a dismal failure.

Depends if we paid him what we pay Rodgers. Potter won't be earning £10m a year at Brighton any time soon.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think they will go near Simeone because the initial outlay and his contract would be huge, highest paid manager in the world already I think

Zidane is apparently waiting for the France job as well

Yeah very good points 👍 

I hope they don’t go for anyone in the end and stick with Ole (like the rest of us 😂) Simeone would tick a lot of boxes for them if they wanted a longer-term appointment who could sort them out - get them playing both decent attacking and defensive football - and he would sort the egos out. But hopefully nothing happens it just stands out he’s the guy to make them into the Man Utd they wish to be

29 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

We took Rodgers from Celtic. 

I’d imagine Pottwr would join them in a heartbeat. So he’ll join us. 

Money talks ultimately. 

Can see them being interested in Rodgers if their plan is to bring in and develop young players, playing possession based football. Being an ex Liverpool manager will be a show stopper, although the Glazers wouldn't care much about that.

The likes of CR7 & Pogba won't be too happy unless they bring in a top level manager with a history of winning/challenging for major league titles and a good record in Europe. 

Really hope he doesn't go as not only will we lose a very good manager, he'll be looking to take the likes of Youri & Ndidi with him.