Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I don’t know whether it’s subconsciously a coping method or not but whilst being disinterested, disillusioned and apathetic about it all I’m not actually struggling with it all as much as I did last season.

I had to stop going last season because I genuinely could take no more.

I now just laugh and kinda just wanna see the world burn regarding the situation we find ourselves in, we’re too far gone and find ourselves too deep for me to be that concerned with it all, the constant bullshit that’s been (and still is) put up in defence of him.

This makes complete sense. The point of anger is far gone. It was about 18 months ago. Now, we go into games with a fear/expectation of disaster becomes it’s in our make up. It’s happened every year that we are here. 

I’d love a fan to tell me that with Southampton on Saturday they don’t have a fear of an utter shit show. 

This year it’s been even worse than the collapses prior. We’ve been dependant on the opposition having a bad day to get any sort of result. I can’t think of a game this season where we’ve won and the opposition haven’t had an off day. 

If we stay up it won’t be down to our players, manager or coaching staff. It will be sheer luck that there remains 3 teams worse off than us. 

The madness of some who live in a fantasy world that a Brendan Rodgers team will not at times completely collapse and be humiliated - as if he is just going to get it right after 4 years of having this glitch in the system.  Delusion. Arguing he “gets results” because of one or two good games and silence when we have a customary collapse - moronic. Brendan has had good times but has genuinely had at least 7 “last games”. Nearly all other PL teams could’ve and would’ve sacked him months ago. Our board has accepted it as part of our make up and some (including myself) have become numb to it. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Trying to take some positives from yesterday for the bloke.

He’s not going to get sacked in a million years because those above him are incredibly less competent than the man himself, so we may as well get on board with the fact we’ve got at least another 14 games of him.

- Ricardo is back.

- Mendy is in great form, should start every game. 
- Kelechi

- Maddison coming back from injury. 
- Iversen is no worse than Ward (good saves when it’s too late, proceeded by comical goalkeeping error))

- Kristiansen looks like a great signing 

anything else? :ph34r:

The halftime music and screensaver was nice

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as they're enjoyable on the day even the wins nowadays are hard to celebrate as you know there's no longevity. It's usually more about how bad the opposition were rather than us executing a good game plan etc

Villa and Spuds were two good recent wins that i thought we could kick on from. I actually think Rodgers tried to fix the 'problems' from those games which in turn has nullified the directness we showed. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as they're enjoyable on the day even the wins nowadays are hard to celebrate as you know there's no longevity. It's usually more about how bad the opposition were rather than us executing a good game plan etc

It’s just nice to have brief contrast to the crushing reality of how awful we are now. If we survive this season it will be because of Maddison, Iheanacho and massive dose of luck, and in spite of the manager; who should have been nowhere near our club for over a year now. 

His style simply does not work for the players we have. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

In truth I think I'm almost done with football. It has too much of an impact on my mood which is ridiculous when I have no control over what happens. I know you're meant to have unwavering support for your club and for 30 years or so I have but I can't pretend to be in support of this circus. Its not entirely a Leicester thing,  in general I find football far less entertaining than in years gone by and the media fascination with the big 6 is nauseating. I hope my love for it rekindles as Leicester city have given me some of the happiest times of my life but right now I'm drained by it all

I think your post is exactly where I am 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Tbh we are a Premier League club and have players that can’t even pass a ball to a team mate. It’s a disgrace.

There is an element of that but you can see what they are trying to do and its all by instruction and design. The idea is to do short quick passes to progress or recycle the ball but the problem is that they are trying too much. I've lost count the amount of times we've been caught out over the past few years because our CBs have been tapping the ball to one another and have folded under pressure. It doesn't matter whos played there the same thing happens. 

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Fits this manager and this team perfectly. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Villa and Spuds were two good recent wins that i thought we could kick on from. I actually think Rodgers tried to fix the 'problems' from those games which in turn has nullified the directness we showed. 

3 things are certain in life. Death, taxes and Rodgers reverting to type. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rigga said:

He had too because vardy and Daka have been poor..

Yes, he didn’t need to wait for them to be poor. Iheanacho should have been starting from the start of the last season, based on his previous form.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We’ve seen it all before though only to return to his dreary, tepid, negative philosophy and view of how the game should be played.

• Like 1

Daka a player who was touted to be a goal machine what happened 

Barnes KDH losing quality 

Souyuncu Kept out of the side

to name a few WTF is going on inside our first team we have demised into a laughing stock a team that put together 2 amazing results then fell off the pace,  Brendan seems to take us 2 steps forward & then crashes 6 steps backwards has he lost the dressing room as some say or has he just given up on us or has he just been by found out that he’s not as an amazing tactician everyone in football seems to think so?

How much time will Top give him for our pi55 poor performances losses and negativity is it time to call time on his tenure, are Top Rudkin etc sounding out replacements as we can’t continue o carry on with such negative squad choices tactics performances, thanks Brendan for the good memories but not unfortunately the buck stops with you time to call it a day we can’t carry on with such poor performances the only luck really that we’re not in the bottom 3 are the poorer performers below us we can’t continue to count on the below clubs poor results Time for a change !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nugent said:

What do we reckon happens if we manage to stay up this year? Does he continue? Do we come to agreement on his contract settlement and part by mutual consent? I can't endure another season of this.

If we stay up he will continue to accept his salary. There were rumours this season that the club tried to reach a settlement with him but he wasn't interested in anything other than a full pay off (Totally understandable). 

I don't blame him for not walking. He knows he can take us down and still walk into a top 5 european league job with no problem at all. 

I really do not get why he persists with playing out from the back, everyone in the ground can see it simply does not work, does he really think that playing the ball short from a goal kick to a one footed defender when an attacker is 10 yards away is some sort of match winning system. There was one period last night when they tried it 3 times in about 3 minutes and every time we lost the ball, it was just pure panic stations, they must practise it in training but with no oposition and on a 5 a side pitch. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Thanks Brodge.

80m pissed up the wall on training facilities.

Maddison almost certainly gone.

Tielemans almost certainly gone.

Vardy retired.

KDH regressed.

Barnes regressed.

Thomas regressed.

Daka regressed.

Soyuncu frozen out.

Ward not premier league quality whatsoever.

Iversen not been given a proper chance and probably also regressed.

Mendy finally used far too little too late.

Nacho frozen out.

Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare pointless signings.

Tete regressed in double quick time and probably won't want to sign even if we try.

Kristiansen wondering what the **** he's got himself into.

Vice captain shipped off on loan.

Captain crocked all season.

1 winger available on each wing, 1 RB available only till recently meaning they have to play every damn game. 

It's a bloody pathetic nightmare, whimpering out the league through the back door.

Agree with some of them but I want to address a few I cannot agree with

80m training facilities is down to the owner?

Vardy retiring - Rodgers cannot stop time.

Daka hasn't regressed, he's just shit.

Soyuncu was performing poorly before getting frozen out (although I don't think Amartey or Faes are better than him)

Iversen also not good enough anyway. I'm fed up of people thinking he is the answer. The club should have signed a replacement for Kasper years ago.

Tete is probably just rubbish, a lot of players have a good debut.

2 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

If he stays long enough and saves up his £10m a year he’ll end up buying the club. Making himself head of recruitment, DoF, kit man, club doctor, groundsman. We are Brendan Rodgers FC. You will accept your new overlord. 

I've never known a manager to have so much influence over a club. We're treating him like United treated Fergie. He's a fraud

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I've never known a manager to have so much influence over a club. We're treating him like United treated Fergie. He's a fraud

It’s crazy isn’t it. He gets next to zero criticism in the media too. Remember that telegraph article about how he’d turned it round after we scraped past Gillingham lol they’re all on his payroll 

• Like 1

Yup it’s time. Today was all on the manager

only good choices was Ricardo and Iverson. Not starting with Kristiansen, souttar, Mendy and nacho was a big mistake.

now what do we do? Can’t bare the thought of losing on Saturday. Somehow Rogers makes the right choices and madders is back it all changes again. This yo-yo performances is gonna kill half of us fans by the sheer mental stress it’s causing.