Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I've let the dust settle, no point in commenting after a drubbing by a Championship side, the scoreline flattered us.

Why is Rodgers still here?  That is the question some of us keep asking ourselves.  We know the Rodgers PR machine is pretty good at deflecting any blame on him, he is always the diplomat with his employers, always praising Top/ the family and the board, etc.  But this shouldn't stop the board and Top from seeing what has/is happening on the pitch, if we supporters can see what has gradually happened over the last two years, then what makes those upstairs so blind?  On FT we keep coming up with reasons for the ifs, buts, and whys, but we are pissing in the wind, and no one seems the wiser.  

For me, the only reason he is still here is the board truly believe that none of this is Rodger's fault and they see the Rodgers of 3 or 4 years ago and they think they can get that back.  I don't believe that he's still here due to his payoff, Top wrote off nearly £200 million and the club will lose much more than the £15 million to pay Rodgers off if they go down.   Let's hope we stay up, although I'm not convinced with Rodgers's team of 'mentality monsters', and the club has a clear-out and gets some players in with the right mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

The past 225 minutes of football have been absolutely horrendous. Nothing will happen and nothing will change though. 

He will just moan about not being backed again and everyone will lap it up.

I took my cousin and her bloke to the Newcastle game. They run a shop which does its best business at the weekend so just can never go to the match. They were really looking forward to a Boxing Day treat. The game was over after ten minutes and we just watched eleven players do nothing of note thereafter. It was torture ..nothing less. You watch Fulham, Brentford, clubs with a fraction of our resources and talent and you think how can we be this bad? 

• Like 1

Just now, Ricey said:

Last night was staggering. We weren't beaten because a Football League team came with a parked the bus and grabbed a winner. They played us off the park, playing a style of play that Rodgers talks about, but very rarely delivers. They pressed relentlessly and were aggressive out of possession, whilst on the call they played fast, attacking, passing football. It made me want to watch them every week.

For a Championship team to do that us and get themselves into a position where they should have been 3 or 4 up, it is as much proof as you will need that we are a team on it's knees.

He has to go and he has to go now. He got his new players in January, and three good players at that, yet it only gave us a two match bounce before everything reverted back to to the stale, slow, soft and sloppy performances that have haunted us for the last couple of years.

He talks about just surviving and then resetting everything in the summer. I don't know how the media let him get away with comments like that. If we need to reset EVERYTHING in the summer then clearly the manager isn't performing and needs changing. £10M a year and after 3 years he's spent the next year claiming that the squad he built isn't good enough and everything needs to be thrown out of the window in order for him to succeed.

He has drained the life out of the players, the fans and the club. Get him gone now.

All without their best player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't you worry about that son, emergency pod happening tonight. I'm in an evil mood and I'll be drinking heavily.

I must admit, my favourite phrase of 23 already is “having Ward in your team is like eating soup with a knife and fork” genius. 

• Haha 2

I treated the Mrs to hospitality for last night as its her birthday soon, after the game Ali Mauchlen did a speech which went something like, "everyone can see playing the ball around the back isn't working, we lose it high up the pitch and are getting punished. The only man that can't seem to see it is the manager". Problem is we all know nothing will change :frusty:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Villa and Spuds were two good recent wins that i thought we could kick on from. I actually think Rodgers tried to fix the 'problems' from those games which in turn has nullified the directness we showed. 

If that's the case, the I think it shows just how spectacularly he failed. Still leaking chances like a colander. For as awful as we can be going forward, the defensive organisation hasn't been football league standard for the past 12 months. Time and time again, we're bailed out purely by the fact we have good quality players who can make a difference. Team looks like it would be better drilled if 0 coaching took place and you just let the players decide it.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Maybe. I don't know enough about Sorba Thomas to say.

Dack's coming back into form (definitely would be a PL player if it wasn't for injuries), so it could even be there 3 best players or at least 3 of the key players.

2 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

I treated the Mrs to hospitality for last night as its her birthday soon, after the game Ali Mauchlen did a speech which went something like, "everyone can see playing the ball around the back isn't working, we lose it high up the pitch and are getting punished. The only man that can't seem to see it is the manager". Problem is we all know nothing will change :frusty:

Would have been lovely to record that! And share with the board! Ali would probably lose his job mind.

Generally I am ambivalent about Rodgers Out, always say is there anyone better and we still aren't in the bottom 3 YET.  Loved Villa Away and Spuds, we got a real bounce from the newbies & even Manure 1st half, should at best have been 2-0 up with them down to 10.

As mentioned earlier from that point onwards!!.........

In the pub on Saturday saw the team at 2pm and have never gone down thinking we gave up before we started.  Praet, Ndidi (totally out of form and confidence & can't pass a ball) & KDH.

As much as we went for Spuds, we capitulated BEFORE kick off to Arsenal & we could have still got a point at any point!!!!  They were houserying from the 50th minute!

Then he puts that team out yesterday, Thomas sadly cruelly exposed, Dan absolutely stupid pass, Soumare (no need to say anymore-championship loan next season), multiple times left them the ball.

Brendan did that, he set the agenda for both games, pick your best side first, go 2 goals up ideally AND THEN make the changes. Buffoon, worst performance down there for a good few years.

Walsall was poor too BUT we got the confidence of a result to take to Villa and the new guys and so we picked up 6pts, no chance of that going into Saturday's 6 pointer.

And he hasn't helped by throwing them under the bus again:

"

Manager Brendan Rodgers said: "The FA Cup was an opportunity to get to the quarter-final, against a Championship team at home, but they were a lot better than us.

"We have to be worried about that."

Sorry YOU have to be worried about that, its YOUR job, to pick the best team and motivate them to be as competitive OR BETTER than the opposition, you have failed twice in a row and many others.

Tete looked world beating against Villa, down a level against Spurs and its liked Brendan has had 4 weeks with him now and coached the quality out of him.

Sounds like Madders will be back Saturday, sort it, get some bite and effort in them & if not hook 'em off and not in the 60th min onwards if its going South, be proactive not reactive.  Patience is not proving a virtue.

Its in our hands, beat Southampton and get something against Chelsea, both struggling sides.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't you worry about that son, emergency pod happening tonight. I'm in an evil mood and I'll be drinking heavily.

I hope you go in hard on Rodgers tonight, I feel like he has had a pretty easy ride so far this season.  

Last night has to be the final straw, the good team performances and results are in the minority, the brand of football is atrocious, we are conceding chances/goals for fun and results/performances over this season have in the main, apart from 2 mini purple patches runs, been appalling. 

the squad has enough quality to compete for top half but looks devoid of motivation and inspiration, the team look flat and the football is pedestrian and predictable. The club needs a freshen up and that can be achieved by changing the manager and his entourage. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Last night was staggering. We weren't beaten because a Football League team came with a parked the bus and grabbed a winner. They played us off the park, playing a style of play that Rodgers talks about, but very rarely delivers. They pressed relentlessly and were aggressive out of possession, whilst on the call they played fast, attacking, passing football. It made me want to watch them every week.

For a Championship team to do that us and get themselves into a position where they should have been 3 or 4 up, it is as much proof as you will need that we are a team on it's knees.

He has to go and he has to go now. He got his new players in January, and three good players at that, yet it only gave us a two match bounce before everything reverted back to to the stale, slow, soft and sloppy performances that have haunted us for the last couple of years.

He talks about just surviving and then resetting everything in the summer. I don't know how the media let him get away with comments like that. If we need to reset EVERYTHING in the summer then clearly the manager isn't performing and needs changing. £10M a year and after 3 years he's spent the next year claiming that the squad he built isn't good enough and everything needs to be thrown out of the window in order for him to succeed.

He has drained the life out of the players, the fans and the club. Get him gone now.

He is not going anywhere. To sack him now unless there is a contingency plan in place would suggest desperation , Two weeks ago so called pundits were eulogising over our change of form due to bringing in new players. I believe Top still thinks a couple of results could see us in mid table. Maybe defeat at Southampton may be a trigger but expect he is still here at seasons end what ever happens.

I am amazed that people now are only just realising the squad looks poor because of Rodgers. Only Maddison has gotten better since Rodgers has been here, no other player has improved consistantly at all, in 4 years.

The bloke is a fruad and a piss poor manager, he's genuinely set this club back about a decade, potentially more.

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This time Rodgers is not making excuses and blaming himself admitting Blackburn were a lot better. However even if he said I am useless and don't have a clue , Top would not pay up.

I question whether he’d even accept Rodgers’ resignation.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

He clearly doesn't communicate with the players, freezes them out, constantly says he will work with what he has implying they are not good enough....

Is it any wonder they all look very down and fed up

Sick of his blah blah blah 😡

• Like 1