Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I still maintain the only way in the short to medium term that Rodgers leaves is if another club comes in for him rather than being sacked. I think the most likely is Tottenham. The hierarchy at the top of the club love him.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nugent said:

What do we reckon happens if we manage to stay up this year? Does he continue? Do we come to agreement on his contract settlement and part by mutual consent? I can't endure another season of this.

It’s depressing watching Leicester at the moment we know how well they can play but we’re dished up drivel week after week then they seem to come to life give us a couple of quality games then it’s back to the drivel what the hell is going on behind the scenes the training the management styles the togetherness ?

Brendan is holding onto a dream that Vardy will convert back to the Vardy of a couple of years ago but unfortunately he’s past his best and is often just awful to say but not up to his usual long balls onto him then chasing on to round the keeper his pace & quality has decreased with age he no longer seems a threat to the opposition , this is also where Brendan has mismanaged Nacho & Daka by reducing their game time Nacho has shown why Brendan has been a fool not to play him his scoring has recently kept us away from the bottom dog fight then Daka we saw quality performances in Europe then he wasn’t given time to get to speed with the PL ?

Cags another player that for somehow has fallen out of favour WTF is going on there now warming the bench, who really knows what’s going on but what we all know that it needs sorting now and if that means sacking Brendan then so be it time to try something else time to stop the rot !

Edited by justfoxes

He's not going to be sacked this season. Just too late now and no obvious replacement in sight. We just have to hope we can muster together enough points to stay up but I'm doubtful we can.

The results are terrible on the whole but what concerns me more is the decline in the performances and individual players. This is still basically the team that finished 8th last season and 5th the two seasons before. We really shouldn't be struggling like this.

I'm not seeing any improvement in any players and that is down to coaching.

If he stays longer than this season, even if we stay up, then we are in a terminal decline which will lead to inevitable relegation within the next two years.

We need him gone at the end of the season and a complete rethink on the whole structure of the club. We have an mega expensive training facility which is looking a complete waste of money right now. Absolutely no progression from youth to first team.

4 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I see Vestergaard has given an interview about his exile - saying Brendan pursued him for a season and a half - having several phone conversations with him. It has the ring of truth and it would be an odd one to make up.This really is a remarkable revelation. 

As I’ve said before the signing of JV was disastrous. The only way BR can come out if it with any credit is if the club forced Vestergaard on him. That clearly is not the case, if anything, the opposite is true.

Just to remind ourselves - we played virtually a whole season with a makeshift defence - sometimes with midfielders played out of position, with Amartey first choice at CB and with the whole footballing world, encouraged by Brendan, blaming our inept defending on our injury list. Throughout that whole sorry episode - sat on the bench watching on, was the manager’s £15m signing - a first team centre back, a Danish international, but consigned to the dustbin after a handful of games . 

He should be sacked for the Vestergaard signing alone. 

His good signing / bad signing ratio is truly appalling 

• Like 1

MANAGER EXCLUSIVE

Manager Brendan Rodgers offered an honest assessment of Leicester City’s 2-1 defeat to Blackburn Rovers in the Emirates FA Cup...

This on the club website, the use of the word 'honest' presumably inferring that this is not generally the case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I see Vestergaard has given an interview about his exile - saying Brendan pursued him for a season and a half - having several phone conversations with him. It has the ring of truth and it would be an odd one to make up.This really is a remarkable revelation. 

As I’ve said before the signing of JV was disastrous. The only way BR can come out if it with any credit is if the club forced Vestergaard on him. That clearly is not the case, if anything, the opposite is true.

Just to remind ourselves - we played virtually a whole season with a makeshift defence - sometimes with midfielders played out of position, with Amartey first choice at CB and with the whole footballing world, encouraged by Brendan, blaming our inept defending on our injury list. Throughout that whole sorry episode - sat on the bench watching on, was the manager’s £15m signing - a first team centre back, a Danish international, but consigned to the dustbin after a handful of games

Yep- consigning him to the dustbin was the only thing BR got right in this sorry saga. I’d defended him previously assuming that he wasn’t responsible for recruitment but, if the latest revelations are true, that clearly isn’t the case.

Vestergaard is up there with Akinbiyi as one of our worst signings in history: based on being fit for purpose, transfer fee and the way it constrained us in the market after we paid the money. Peter Taylor signed Akinbiyi - and we all know what happened to him 

19 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Just to remind ourselves - we played virtually a whole season with a makeshift defence - sometimes with midfielders played out of position, with Amartey first choice at CB and with the whole footballing world, encouraged by Brendan, blaming our inept defending on our injury list. Throughout that whole sorry episode - sat on the bench watching on, was the manager’s £15m signing - a first team centre back, a Danish international, but consigned to the dustbin after a handful of games . 

I’ve searched time and time again to find an article (I believe it was from The Athletic) to no avail, I’m sure it was saying that no one wanted Vestergaard bar Rodgers and that he overruled the recruitment staff on the signing.

This was to give a reply to those who always questioned the idea that Vestergaard was purely a Rodgers signing due to not finding said article I could only back down but hopefully this now puts some meat on the bones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rodgers-leicester-liverpool-agger-blackburn-29342390

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I still maintain the only way in the short to medium term that Rodgers leaves is if another club comes in for him rather than being sacked. I think the most likely is Tottenham. The hierarchy at the top of the club love him.

That would be great.... even more of a reaso  to hate Bottleham!

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve searched time and time again to find an article (I believe it was from The Athletic) to no avail, I’m sure it was saying that no one wanted Vestergaard bar Rodgers and that he overruled the recruitment staff on the signing.

This was to give a reply to those who always questioned the idea that Vestergaard was purely a Rodgers signing due to not finding said article I could only back down but hopefully this now puts some meat on the bones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rodgers-leicester-liverpool-agger-blackburn-29342390

He was in communication with Vestergaard for 18 months prior to him signing. Surely that's tapping up therefore grounds for dismissal lol

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

this is 100% it for me. a couple of the declines are explainable through Vardy getting old and Ricardo getting a major injury each season, but look at the players he had when he came in:

Ndidi - was one of the best destroyers in the division, now completely passive and uninvolved in any game

Soumare - first few games he looked like a tank, opponents just bouncing off him, now he looks like the footballing equivalent of one of those boxing training dummies

Daka - electric pace in his first few games, looked like Vardy is his first 18 months, now completely ineffective

Amartey - gone from a reliable if limited right back who freed up more attacking movement from the midfield and left back by tucking in with the CBs to give a back three on the ball to whatever the **** we saw last night

Thomas - first 9 months he looked like a solid prospect who could deputise at pl level, now he's lower championship at best

Cags - One of the best CBs in the division to rotting on the bench

Barnes - exciting going forward and just looked raw and missing that more consistent decision making, now just ineffectual half the time and out of position/stood looking lost the other half.

the only players you could make a case for him improving are Kels and Madders, and honestly I think the former is more just him not having to live in Vardys shadow and get berated for not being Vardy by the fans in his 10 minute cameos under Puel. 

like this is not actually a bad squad, it's a team that 2 1/2 years ago were saying would be a huge force about now having come into their primes together, supplemented by young players with good potential upon arrival (Soumare, Daka, Kristiansen, Tete), but the coaching of it is woeful and the motivation isn't there (and let's be fair, if your manager kept going to the local newspaper and calling you shit and asking how he's supposed to do his job without being able to hire more people, you'd struggle for motivation too). It needs a big rebuild now because contracts have been run down and extensions not signed (and it's interesting that none of his Celtic squad moved down here, or that the only player who's followed him to a new team afaik is Joe Allen) but it didn't 18 months ago, it just needed a manager who'd instill belief in the players and a positive mentality when they stepped on the pitch. instead he's collected a cool £15m in that time from us and has spent his time eradicating all belief and potential from a lot of players and running the club into the ground. He is the root cause of everything wrong with the footballing side of the club

Now how to we get the club to read and understand this post that has put my feelings more clearly that I have been able to

2 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I don’t blame Vestergaard by the way and I won’t slag him off as a player. He signed in good faith for a manager who wanted him , only to be told within a matter of weeks that his “style” didn’t suit the BR way of playing. It cost him his place in the Danish WC squad - a similar thing happened to Praet. As someone has said - it really does give a lie to the “I haven’t been supported in the transfer market” defence. 

I'd say you can add Castagne to that list to. A very capable player Castagne but given Rodgers style is dependant on bombing full backs, he isnt suited to that.