Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Soumare

Praet

Perez

Vestergaard

Daka

Bertrand

How many millions in transfer fees and wages have been spaffed up the wall?
Outrageous waste of money.

Rodgers isn’t taking the club forwards, he’s taking us backwards, Peter Taylor style. 

7 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Absolutely not defending Rodgers here but Vesty was offered the chance to leave in the last two windows and just flicked his v's up at the opportunity.. 

My violin is tiny

Pretty sure he explained that he was told by Rodgers that he was going to be part of his plans in the summer, and then this window just gone his partner was expecting and unable to move to another country. 

The whole Vestergaard mess is on the club (including Rodgers). We wanted him, we signed him, and we've given him the contract that he is able to see out. 

9 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Absolutely not defending Rodgers here but Vesty was offered the chance to leave in the last two windows and just flicked his v's up at the opportunity.. 

My violin is tiny

I don't think he's really complaining to be fair.  He's just saying it as he sees it.

He was never going to leave in the last two windows to uproot his family (including newborn), relocate half way across Europe and take a 75% wage cut in the process.

It's pretty clear that his career has peaked, he knows he won't get another contract like he's on now.  He comes across as someone has come to peace with the situation is happy to pick the cones up at training for millions per year.  That's not on him, that's on Brendan and the club.

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

His best 11 - after 4 years - would still only have a handful of his signings...

Ward

Pereira

Faes

Souttar

Christiansen 

Tielemans

Maddison

KDH

Barnes

Ihenacho

Tete

And all four of them only arrived last month.  Shocking.

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

His best 11 - after 4 years - would still only have a handful of his signings...

Ward

Pereira

Faes

Souttar

Christiansen 

Tielemans

Maddison

KDH

Barnes

Ihenacho

Tete

Is that not also a indictment of the club's recruitment under BR's tenure though? Sure, the manager has a lot of influence, but we know the club at large is responsible for this. 

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

I don't think he's really complaining to be fair.  He's just saying it as he sees it.

He was never going to leave in the last two windows to uproot his family (including newborn), relocate half way across Europe and take a 75% wage cut in the process.

It's pretty clear that his career has peaked, he knows he won't get another contract like he's on now.  He comes across as someone has come to peace with the situation is happy to pick the cones up at training for millions per year.  That's not on him, that's on Brendan and the club.

What about the Fulham offer

• Like 1

On 23/01/2023 at 08:46, Happy Fox said:

He lives in Wilmslow, get him f**king gone, Everton you are more than welcome to him!

straight swap with Dyche as he lives in Nottinghamshire. Seems to make sense 😉

The major factor for me is this whole situation  has been engineered by Brendan. It really annoys me when you get these happy folk on the radio and podcasts who seemingly can’t see this? The whole atmosphere within the club has been purely negative since the FA cup defeat to Forest, his tone has been one of desperation and negativity from this moment onwards. This has been regardless of any positives…. 

That’s the most annoying thing about this circus, is that we’ve allowed this toxic shit defend himself whilst he compromises the clubs premier league status. 

I don’t think he genuinely gives a shit, because he believed the squad isn’t good enough, and rather than actually fight he would rather just keep reiterating the fact the squad isn’t good enough. This is why we’re doomed, it’s why we won’t survive and we will get relegated. There’s no belief being put into the side, there’s no desire to get out of the situation.

Brendan continues to make excuse after excuse whilst the rest of the club suffers. We will go down, and all Brendan will say is “the squad wasn’t up to it, I wanted a refresh and I never got it, there was nothing I could do”….

No amount of free beers or cakes can cover the fact the board are getting this tragically wrong. 

At the moment we’re walking into a burning building with no protective gear knowing that we will get burnt, but walking in regardless. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I am amazed that people now are only just realising the squad looks poor because of Rodgers. Only Maddison has gotten better since Rodgers has been here, no other player has improved consistantly at all, in 4 years.

The bloke is a fruad and a piss poor manager, he's genuinely set this club back about a decade, potentially more.

He's so inept that I really do think any success happened in spite of him at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

I see Vestergaard has given an interview about his exile - saying Brendan pursued him for a season and a half - having several phone conversations with him. It has the ring of truth and it would be an odd one to make up.This really is a remarkable revelation. 

As I’ve said before the signing of JV was disastrous. The only way BR can come out if it with any credit is if the club forced Vestergaard on him. That clearly is not the case, if anything, the opposite is true.

Just to remind ourselves - we played virtually a whole season with a makeshift defence - sometimes with midfielders played out of position, with Amartey first choice at CB and with the whole footballing world, encouraged by Brendan, blaming our inept defending on our injury list. Throughout that whole sorry episode - sat on the bench watching on, was the manager’s £15m signing - a first team centre back, a Danish international, but consigned to the dustbin after a handful of games . 

This on its own should have him out the door particularly with a large rebuild incoming. This is what you're dealing with here.

We really need some of the new players to force him out. We can't trust the old guard anymore.

24 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is that not also a indictment of the club's recruitment under BR's tenure though? Sure, the manager has a lot of influence, but we know the club at large is responsible for this. 

Players signed since Brendan arrived:

Perez

Praet 

Soumare

Daka 

Vestergaard

Bertrand 

Bennett

Fofana 

Castagne

Justin 

Tete 

Faes 
Souttar 

Kristiansen 

Under 

Lookman 

less than half of them have proven themselves up to standard - Castagne, Justin, Fofana, and  three of the four latest arrivals (not Tete). None have improved markedly in their time here and some have been rushed towards the door asap ..we’ve also written off the contracts of Benkovic, Ghezzal and Silva. 

I don’t want to get into arguments about individual players but that’s an awful lot of players for not a lot of end product - with a manager who is supposedly brilliant at developing talent. 

11 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Players signed since Brendan arrived:

Perez

Praet 

Soumare

Daka 

Vestergaard

Bertrand 

Bennett

Fofana 

Castagne

Justin 

Tete 

Faes 
Souttar 

Kristiansen 

Under 

Lookman 

less than half of them have proven themselves up to standard - Castagne, Justin, Fofana, and  three of the four latest arrivals (not Tete). None have improved markedly in their time here and some have been rushed towards the door asap ..we’ve also written off the contracts of Benkovic, Ghezzal and Silva. 

I don’t want to get into arguments about individual players but that’s an awful lot of players for not a lot of end product - with a manager who is supposedly brilliant at developing talent. 

Well exactly my point? The recruitment has been bad, along with the manager.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

MANAGER EXCLUSIVE

Manager Brendan Rodgers offered an honest assessment of Leicester City’s 2-1 defeat to Blackburn Rovers in the Emirates FA Cup...

This on the club website, the use of the word 'honest' presumably inferring that this is not generally the case.

Honest = Not my fault 

"Leicester were a team happy just to stay in the league a few years ago", we'd be delighted now you ****ing fraud. He had the most favourable set up possible when he arrived in 2019, he's made us worse in every season since. If we go down I'm praying his career is destroyed, not hopeful though because of his retarded acolytes in the media..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Soumare

Praet

Perez

Vestergaard

Daka

Bertrand

How many millions in transfer fees and wages have been spaffed up the wall?
Outrageous waste of money.

Rodgers isn’t taking the club forwards, he’s taking us backwards, Peter Taylor style. 

I'd guess £150 million

• Sad 1

I was a BR supporter for quite a long time but eventually ran out of patience because of his manipulative attitude and cowardly determination to protect how he looks at the detriment to all around him. Brendan before Leicester in other words. Traits you don't notice when things are going well.

If he came out and held his hands up, admitted he has underperformed and is trying to put it right with the players we have here now, he would have some credit in the bank for his achievements. But because the man is so unlikeable the credit has long ran out.

Putting personal feelings aside it's hard to make a case for him staying just due to results and underperformance alone for an extended period of time. That's why I can't understand why Top keeps him in a job, no matter how strong their personal relationship. He's not stupid, surely he can see the man has running on fumes?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve searched time and time again to find an article (I believe it was from The Athletic) to no avail, I’m sure it was saying that no one wanted Vestergaard bar Rodgers and that he overruled the recruitment staff on the signing.

This was to give a reply to those who always questioned the idea that Vestergaard was purely a Rodgers signing due to not finding said article I could only back down but hopefully this now puts some meat on the bones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rodgers-leicester-liverpool-agger-blackburn-29342390

When your squad members start calling you out in the press it's over.

• Like 1